Flexor carpi radialis origin and insertion
Dear Day One, I’m So Happy To See You
2023.05.30 12:04 No-Comparison3867 Dear Day One, I’m So Happy To See You
I’ve been wanting to get sober for a while, not because anyone is giving me ultimatums, nobody even believes I have a problem because the only person my drink problem is bothering is me. I come from a family of drinkers and it’s completely normalised to drink, and I’m about the only one in the family who hasn’t suffered from relationship issues, job losses, ill-health, DUI’s, financial hardship, to name a few consequences, as a result of my drinking. But that’s just it, I don’t want to either, and I know that it’s only a matter of time if I don’t do something about it now.
I’ve been postponing day one due to various events, telling myself what’s the point in stopping when you’ve got [insert various event] coming up that you know you’ll drink at. I’ve got a hen do abroad coming up, 4 days in the sun getting mortal, saying/doing stupid shit, regretting and feeling shameful, not to mention feeling poisoned half to death. I’ve paid for it, got all the obligatory items, shopped for new clothes etc. But…I’ve decided not to go. I was originally going to come back a few days early, trying to compromise and make it ‘ok’, but my gut instinct is telling me that I want to be sober far more than being worried about letting anyone down…the irony that I will be letting people down by looking out for myself, it’s so backwards. I’m not part of the wedding, just making up numbers on the hen do, I don’t think my absence will be noticed, but even if it was, I’m ready to start choosing me and stop being a people pleaser.
Alcohol doesn’t serve me, never has, never will. So here I am, day one of the rest of my life and so excited for life without slavery to a poisonous liquid. IWNDWYT
submitted by No-Comparison3867
to stopdrinking [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 11:24 DadThrowawayADHD From a father of an eight-year-old boy with ADHD...
Hi there! As a non-ADHD person myself, but the father of a wonderful little eight-year-old boy (the best thing to ever happen in my life) with ADHD, I thought I’d consult with you guys, the ADHD community, about this. My son – let’s call him Lenny – attends a fantastic school that’s PRETTY understanding about his situation, but they certainly don’t have a FULL understanding about everything, and so, the school’s director – let’s call him Marlon (who is fantastic, and has a great sense of humor, which I mention so that you don’t think my joke below about him is out of place) – suggested that I should record a video that he can distribute to all of the teachers. Below, I’m pasting everything that I’m planning to say in the video.
The wording may occasionally seem a bit odd, but that’s because I’ve tried to write it the way I’m planning to actually SAY it, rather than how I’d normally READ it to myself. Anyway, would you guys mind having a glance and letting me know your thoughts? I know this is extremely long, so if it’s too much, I completely understand, but if you can spare the time, I’d REALLY appreciate it, and thanks in advance!!!
Here’s what I’m planning to say:
Greetings, Everyone. Mike Michaels here, father of Lenny Michaels. First, please excuse me when you see my eyes reading everything I’m saying here. There are a lot of details and nuance to it all, so I wanted to be prepared, rather than just ‘winging it.’ Second, I really want to thank all of you for being so patient with Lenny. I know that most schools are not, and for this, we’re truly grateful to you. Third, and most pertinent to Lenny’s behavior, there’s something that’s important to stress, and I’ve only really begun to fully understand this over the last couple of months: Lenny has a DISABILITY. ADHD is a disability; it’s an almost invisible disability. Yes, it’s also accurately classified as a “disorder,” but most people who don’t have a career in psychology, like me, tend to think of disorders as not being as debilitating as disabilities can be. But make no mistake, ADHD is ALSO a disability; it’s recognized in the Americans with Disabilities Act, and by the Social Security Administration, and much more importantly, by psychological experts that have studied ADHD at length.
Unfortunately, people with untreated ADHD have lifelong struggles, and actually shorter average lifespans. This may all go against layperson thinking – I certainly didn’t used to think of it as a disability myself until I saw it so closely and frequently, but now I have no doubt now that it absolutely is a disability. I’ll get into this next part a bit later, but it’s widely recognized in the psychological community that even the term ADHD, for a variety of reasons, is clinically the wrong term for this condition.
I’ve heard, as I’m sure some of you have too, some parents saying, “oh my kid can’t pay attention sometimes,” or “my kid can’t remember things all the time,” or “my kid acts impulsively often enough.” But when your kid does all of these things, every single day, multiple times every single day, to the point that relationships – and sometimes property – are destroyed, then your kid has a disability, and that disability is called, wrongly, ADHD. Needless to say, it would benefit all of us watching this video, to start reframing this in our minds as a disability that Lenny has – and it would also benefit Lenny, and the other kids that his behavior affects, if all of us here modify our thinking about ADHD, without explicitly telling the other kids that he has a disability.
Now, Lenny also has a second issue known as Sensory Processing Disorder, which I’ll also get into later, since it complicates things. But what I really want to focus on in this video is five different points, all of which I’ll elaborate on a little later: First, like I said, it’s important for adults – but not children, not his peers – but for adults to, as discretely as possible, treat ADHD like an actual disability.
Second, and again, as someone who does not have ADHD myself, I’ve only come around to this understanding more recently, it’s important to not make Lenny feel inferior for not being able to remember important things at certain moments – he simply can’t do it; it’s a symptom of his disability.
Third, helping him with reminders isn’t the be-all, end-all solution to these problems, but it helps, and there are specific ways that reminders can work for ADHD kids, which I’ll get into.
Fourth, I would really appreciate it if everyone could extend their already VERY generous patience just a little bit further anytime we’re tapering Lenny onto or off of new medication. This can cause relapses that he simply has no control over, and for him to feel punished – even if that’s not my intention or your intention – over something that’s chemically changed him, that he didn’t even sign up for, just seems cruel.
And my fifth point, which I’m grateful to Marlon for discussing with me, is that if we can help him better empathize about certain things, then maybe certain impulses will just start to dissipate naturally. And if he doesn’t have these certain impulses, then it becomes a non-issue to try to control something that no longer exists, but that’s a tough one, that I’ll get into later.
(1) For now, let me get into that first point a bit deeper: That it’s important for us adults – but not children, not his peers – to, as discretely as possible, treat ADHD like an actual disability. As I said, the term ADHD is just an incorrect term for this disability. I’ve learned that “attention deficit” and “hyperactivity” are really just symptoms, and not even the only or most significant symptoms for some people that have it. Some other symptoms, which can be equally debilitating, problematic, and even dangerous to an ADHD person’s well-being, include time blindness, as well as a regular and frequent inability – not unwillingness, but inability – to stop acting on impulses, as well as an inability to apply memorized information at the moment it’s needed: The recall. There are other important symptoms, too, but these are the ones I’m going to focus on here.
In psychology, I’ve learned that all of these things are components of the brain’s “executive function,” and in ADHD people, the part of the brain that manages these executive functions is underdeveloped, somewhat comparable – but not entirely analogous – to how someone with muscular dystrophy has underdeveloped muscles.
As an aside, if you’re curious, the medical industry continues to maintain the term ‘ADHD’ because changing it would require a massive, and seemingly impossible, overhaul to the medical billing system that has decades worth of the term ADHD in every medical journal and billing code. Giving it the more accurate term of “Executive Function Disorder” or EFD, just isn’t practical.
But anyway, I know I also mentioned that Lenny has something called Sensory Processing Disorder. This disorder is observed often enough in children with ADHD, which Lenny has been diagnosed with. And Sensory Processing Disorder has also been observed in children with Autism, which has been ruled out in Lenny. And then, Sensory Processing disorder has also been observed in children without either of these things. And it has different manifestations. But in Lenny, his Sensory Processing Disorder causes him to feel a need for pressure in his joints and against his body. This is why you may see him pressing against things more often than others, or pulling things more often than others, or knocking things down. He has a compulsion towards feeling those things in his joints, in his body.
He also has a compulsion related to his auditory sense, where his brain needs to hear loud, explosive things, and so this is why you may see him press other kids that have big reactions, and stay away from kids that don’t. And where someone without ADHD may be able to pause, and recognize that acting on these compulsions would be inappropriate at times, Lenny’s ADHD generally prevents him from doing so.
Anyway, I just wanted to mention that to offer some additional perspective on some of his actions. But getting back fully to just the ADHD component, which is Lenny’s main affliction, the point here is that it’s more than just “not trying hard enough.” It’s that his brain is physically different, and this just isn’t possible without certain interventions.
You wouldn’t press a wheelchair-bound kid to “just get up the stairs,” would you? Well, maybe Marlon would, because he’s got a penchant for the cruel and usual. JUST KIDDING, MARLON! But no, of course you wouldn’t ask a wheelchair-bound kid to do that, without some kind of intervention, like a ramp or an elevator. And in that same way, it shouldn’t be asked of an ADHD-ridden kid to “just remember,” without some kind of intervention, as well, or they’re going to feel like garbage, too. Of course, these things aren’t identical, but they’re similar enough to illustrate the point that interventions are necessary, and that pressing a kid to do something that they can’t is damaging.
And yes, for ADHD kids, non-chemical interventions and reminders are important, and can assist. But the dramatic majority of ADHD patients cannot effectively modify their behavior without medication. Study after study shows that, for these people, it just isn’t possible. Now, different medications do different things to different people. Not every medication works for every ADHD person. For Lenny, we’ve seen that a drug called “Guanfacine” helps significantly, and here’s why: For non-ADHD people, we have impulsive thoughts, too, but a certain part of our brain is developed enough to pause that thought before our body acts on it. That part of Lenny’s brain is not.
Unmedicated, Lenny’s brain lacks the ability to insert this pause between impulsive thought and the action that follows. But, because Guanfacine was originally developed as a medication to lower or slow blood pressure, it also slows other functions, too. And so, the Guanfacine often helps slow Lenny’s impulsive thought to a brief pause, so that he has a moment to consider it before acting on it, and often, as a result, he won’t act on it when he's on Guanfacine. Here’s just one small, easy-to-recognize example – which doesn’t actually involve any relationship issues – to illustrate my point:
Off Guanfacine (or when it’s starting to wear off), when Lenny is finished in the bathroom, his first instinct is to immediately run out of the bathroom and continue whatever he was doing before, without flushing or washing his hands, so he never does, even if I remind him right before he goes into the bathroom. But on Guanfacine, I rarely need to remind him at all – his mind has a brief pause before he leaves, and he’ll usually flush and wash hands. So then, when it comes to slightly more complicated situations in remembering what several kids have told him not to do to them, most of you have seen how that goes: Off Guanfacine (or when it’s starting to wear off), usually not well, but on Guanfacine, often (but not always) better.
And again, I’ve heard plenty of people say, “oh, this type of thing is normal in kids.” But also again, the kind of impulsivity that happens every single day, multiple times every single day, to the point that relationships – and sometimes property – are destroyed, is not normal in kids. And I’d venture to say that any and every kid that does this every single day, multiple times every single day, to the point that relationships – and sometimes property – are destroyed, has this disability known as ADHD, or perhaps some other type of brain impairment that I’m not as well versed in.
On the other hand, with regard to medication, certain meds can sometimes make the symptoms worse in certain people, in certain situations. For example, we also tried Ritalin for Lenny, on two different occasions, at different dosage levels, months apart, each for one week, and both times, his symptoms got worse. You see, Ritalin is a stimulant, and can often, but not always, help ADHD people really focus on something that’s put in front of them. If Lenny were attending a traditional school, where he was expected to sit at a desk for a large portion of the day, and stay focused on one subject for an extended period of time, perhaps Ritalin would help him with this focus. But at his actual school, which we all know is different, this laser focus isn’t expected, and so instead, the Ritalin probably sped up his motor, and reduced that pause time between impulse and action, and more problems occurred.
At some point, we’re going to try other medications, too, like Adderall, and may even others. But Adderall is also a stimulant, with a different chemical make-up. So, because it’s different, it may help in other ways, but because it’s a stimulant, it may also exacerbate the problems like Ritalin did. We won’t know until we try it. And when Ritalin caused Lenny to create more problems, and Lenny got into more trouble, I felt terrible about it, first, because other kids felt his wrath, but also because he was quote, “getting in trouble more,” and not even understanding the reasons why, because these concepts and chemical effects are difficult for children that young to fully understand.
(2) And that brings me to my second main point: It’s important to not make Lenny feel inferior for not being able to remember important things at certain moments – he simply can’t do it. I’ve always sort of known this, and sort of understood it, but as someone without ADHD myself, I only came to this full understanding recently, when I saw something happen...
A couple of weeks ago, he did something somewhat trivial in the grand scheme – I won’t get into details, but it wasn’t something that provided him with some grand material or emotional reward. It was a small, but irritating thing. I took him aside, and I spent five minutes with him, calmly trying to understand why he did it, and explaining to him why he can’t do it in the future. Then, I left for about two minutes, and when I returned, he had already done it again! And I asked him, “Why did you do that? I just got finished explaining why you can’t. Did you already forget?” And he said, “I didn’t forget; I just wasn’t thinking about it when it happened.” And I replied, “but I told you about it TWO MINUTES before it happened. How were you ALREADY not thinking about it?” And then he cried, maybe because I had upset him with my tone, but I think it was more because he felt inferior for not being able to recall this important information when he needed it, and because I unintentionally rubbed this in his face.
And this was my lightbulb moment. Already, he sometimes says to me, “Daddy, why can’t I do these things like other kids can,” and of course, I try to explain and comfort him, but it wasn’t until this specific incident, that I just mentioned, that I connected these things – his disability impairs his recall, and then this causes him to do actions that he doesn’t really want to do, and then he feels shitty about. So, rather than unintentionally rubbing it in his face like I used to, even gently, now, I try to not harp on the fact that he can’t recall these things when he needs to, and I instead try to work with him, constructively, on reminders that he thinks will help him recall pertinent information when he needs to. I hope that all of you will truly take this to heart, and please try the same.
I think this is also important when other kids grill him for not remembering, too. Of course, that’s how they feel, and they should be able to say it – they’ve probably said the same thing to Lenny dozens of times, and their frustration is entirely justified, and should be expressed. But from where I’m standing, instead of teachers jumping on that same wagon, and grilling Lenny just the same way about remembering things, even gently – as I used to – Lenny has expressed to me that it would help for teachers to assist him in expressing back to the other kids that he has this “thing” in his brain (he’s embarrassed to call it ADHD in front of other people) that makes it hard to remember things that he needs to, even if he's been told these things hundreds of times, and maybe they – Lenny and the other kid that he’s meeting with – can then work together to identify some useful in-the-moment reminders that can help him have this in-the-moment recall, right when things start, before they start to escalate.
(3) And with that, let’s get into some of these reminder ideas, which is the third point that I mentioned at the beginning of this video. For adults with ADHD, they have smart phones, with reminders that ping up all the time to remind them of things that non-ADHD people, like me, can remember without, shall we say, “technological assistance.” Or, adults will also put up sticky notes at the locations where these reminders are needed. Even kids at traditional schools can use post-its at their desks. But for Lenny, this doesn’t apply. So maybe, if we can identify areas of the yard where certain problems happen consistently, and other areas of the yard, where different problems happen consistently, maybe we can put up a little sign, or a sticker, or a poop emoji picture that will catch his eye, and serve as a reminder. In fact, this leads me to another revelation I recently had about these reminders…
I used to think that, when teachers are around, Lenny respects limits more because he fears the consequences if he doesn’t – he figures, I used to think, that the teachers will see Lenny creating a problem, and they’ll get upset, so he’s more on guard when they’re watching. However, in light of the recent incident that I mentioned above (and many others like it), I’m starting to rethink this. While that still may be true, I think this is more likely: Lack of teachers’ eyes on him doesn’t cause him to actively think, “Oh, now’s my chance to do what I’m not supposed to!” Rather, lack of teachers’ eyes on him give him no reminder to recall that he’s not supposed to do it. When he notices teachers watching, he doesn’t restrain himself because he fears consequences, he restrains himself because noticing the teachers’ eyes remind him to.
I don’t know, maybe big googly eyes stuck to a nearby fence would serve as a similar reminder when teachers’ eyes aren’t there? Either way, Lenny asked me to table this for the time being. He’s embarrassed to have to be the only kid with visual reminders around the yard, but I made it clear to him that if these things continue, we’re going to have to try the reminders, and that we’ll try them in a way that doesn’t single him out, but rather, applies to “the school” rather than just “to him.” So, I would just ask the teachers – if these reminders become necessary, which I think they probably will – to please discuss with Lenny beforehand, and implement in a way that he’s comfortable with and not embarrassed by.
(4) Now, I touched upon this fourth point earlier, but I wanted to address it in more detail here: And that’s the point about tapering Lenny onto and off of different medications that we may try. Of course, the other kids won’t know when this is happening, but I’ve asked Marlon to at least please let all of the teachers know when it is, so that, hopefully, all of you can please extend your already generous patience a bit further anytime this is happening. As many of you know, problems were heightened a handful of weeks ago. What you may not have known, or had full color on, is that these heightened problems coincided exactly with tapering Lenny onto Ritalin, and then back off of it again, one week later, when it didn’t work. This led to some problematic habits, and even when Lenny had fully tapered off of Ritalin, it still took a few more days to fully break these habits and get back to his pre-Ritalin, on-Guanfacine self.
But during this “period of Ritalin,” there were more problems, and the school’s tolerance got very low, and Lenny felt very punished for actions that were, unknown-to-him, caused by chemical reactions that we – more or less – forced on him, against his will, with pills. And for that, I feel terrible; yes, the recipient children were also treated unfairly, of course, but I also think this was unfair to Lenny, for him to feel “less than” for a root cause (i.e. Ritalin) that was implemented by us. To continue to try to improve his experience, and the other children’s experiences, and the teachers’ experiences, we’re going to try to work with Lenny’s psychiatrist to experiment with new medications and dosages, but it’s likely that some of them won’t work at all, and that others might make things worse, just like the Ritalin did. And so, in the future, when this happens, now that you have this understanding, I really hope that you’ll please expand your already-vast tolerance just a little bit further, knowing that, in those situations, it really is the meds, and not the kid.
(5) And finally, there’s this fifth point I mentioned at the beginning – this point that Marlon had brought up with me: That it would benefit us all to help him empathize, so that perhaps some of the impulses dissipate, and then the reminders of those situations aren’t necessary. Well, guess what – empathy is also a component of executive function, and Lenny has EFD, Executive Function Disorder, better and inaccurately known as ADHD. So, even though I love the idea, I’m just not sure it’s going to be likely, or even possible, that this will work. But as long as we approach it gently, careful to not make him feel less than if he can’t do it, I certainly see no harm in trying. All of you are better trained than I am in helping children empathize with others, so I’ll follow your lead on this.
And really, that’s about it for now. Again, I really want to thank all of you SO MUCH for being SO PATIENT in ways that most other people just aren’t. The fact that you’ve even watched this entire video, with my ugly mug rambling, lets me know that you care about Lenny more than almost anyone else does. I think that if we can all remember to gently and discretely treat his ADHD as a disability, and not make him feel inferior for its symptoms – especially memory, and help him with discrete reminders, and be a bit more patient when we’re trying new meds, and help him with empathy – even though that might not work – if we try all of these things, life will be easier, and just more fun, for everyone, including all of the kids. So, thank you again, and if you want to ask me any questions, or discuss any of this with me, please feel free to call me anytime. My phone number is 555-555-5555. Thanks again!
submitted by DadThrowawayADHD
to ADHD [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 11:01 returnoftoilet Relying on memory: GMC's shaky ground
Recently, a GMC case had prioritised the statement from Patient A over documentation made by a doctor, which was used to find the doctor's fitness to practice impaired.
Without deliberating over details, I would like to elaborate about why this is shaky territory with reference to legal judgements.
A. The science of memory
The neuroscience and psychology of memory is complex; but a brief overview is as follows.
Memory, as it is understood in psychology, is not merely a direct translation of experience of phenomena. Instead, such experiences are encoded
, which is dependent on an individual's own thoughts, experiences, needs, emotions, etc. In the case of long-term memory, memory will then be consolidated, which integrates the memory with pre-existing information, and then retrieved from the "long-term store" in recollection, which is not again a direct "data retrieval" but rather reconstructions of events based on the memory. There may be the insertion of new experiences into the reconstruction, things can be forgotten entirely, the reconstruction process will differ from context, etc.
To say that memory is unreliable is an understatement.
The danger of memory is not just in forgetting events, but also in altogether false memory, such as remembering things that did not happen (i.e in the form of the Mandela effect).
looks at 2 studies that examined false memory, particularly autobiographcal
false memory, and found that participants would report that the false memory seemed real, and that observers would only be able to determine if it was true or false in about 50% of cases, which is akin to a coin toss.
B. The consequences of false memory
Because of how often legal cases utilise eyewitness statement and testimonies, if there is a lack of physical evidence this can result in false evidence believed to be true to be admitted and be taken into consideration in the judgement. A large project called the Innocence Project has numerous cases where this is the case, and seeks to overturn rulings where judgement was made on erronous evidence. Simply take a look on their website and see how many years many individuals have served imprisoned because of eyewitness misidentification. As an example, Rafael Ruiz
served 24 years falsely imprisoned for rape, sodomy, robbery and sexual abuse, before being found that the eyewitness had misidentified him and was exonerated on the grounds of new DNA evidence.
C. Its role in judiciary decisions
Here I will quote ad-lib from a ruling made by Mr. Justice Leggatt in the case of Gestmin v. Credit Suisse
(Royal Courts of Justice, Queen's Bench Division [(2013) EWHC 3560 (Comm); Case No. 2011 Folio 1267]).
In this case, Gestmin (a Portugese company) made investments on the advice of Credit Suisse, and invested in an investment company called QWIL which made their money largely via sub-prime mortgages in 2006-2007. After the financial crisis of 2008, QWIL shares fell, and Gestmin lost money. Gestmin later sued stating that Credit Suisse should not have recommended an investment into QWIL which was a high risk low liquidity whereas Gestmin wanted a low risk high liquidity investment.
In the case, the court deliberated on the use of human memory, and Justice Legatt commented:
"An obvious difficulty which affects allegations and oral evidence based on recollection of events which occurred several years ago is the unreliability of human memory.
While everyone knows that memory is fallible, I do not believe that the legal system has sufficiently absorbed the lessons of a century of psychological research into the nature of memory and the unreliability of eyewitness testimony. One of the most important lessons of such research is that in everyday life we are not aware of the extent to which our own and other people's memories are unreliable and believe our memories to be more faithful than they are. Two common (and related) errors are to suppose: (1) that the stronger and more vivid is our feeling or experience of recollection, the more likely the recollection is to be accurate; and (2) that the more confident another person is in their recollection, the more likely their recollection is to be accurate.
Underlying both these errors is a faulty model of memory as a mental record which is fixed at the time of experience of an event and then fades (more or less slowly) over time. In fact, psychological research has demonstrated that memories are fluid and malleable, being constantly rewritten whenever they are retrieved. This is true even of so-called “flashbulb” memories, that is memories of experiencing or learning of a particularly shocking or traumatic event. (The very description “flashbulb” memory is in fact misleading, reflecting as it does the misconception that memory operates like a camera or other device that makes a fixed record of an experience.) External information can intrude into a witness's memory, as can his or her own thoughts and beliefs, and both can cause dramatic changes in recollection. Events can come to be recalled as memories which did not happen at all or which happened to someone else (referred to in the literature as a failure of source memory).
Memory is especially unreliable when it comes to recalling past beliefs. Our memories of past beliefs are revised to make them more consistent with our present beliefs. Studies have also shown that memory is particularly vulnerable to interference and alteration when a person is presented with new information or suggestions about an event in circumstances where his or her memory of it is already weak due to the passage of time.
The process of civil litigation itself subjects the memories of witnesses to powerful biases. The nature of litigation is such that witnesses often have a stake in a particular version of events. This is obvious where the witness is a party or has a tie of loyalty (such as an employment relationship) to a party to the proceedings. Other, more subtle influences include allegiances created by the process of preparing a witness statement and of coming to court to give evidence for one side in the dispute. A desire to assist, or at least not to prejudice, the party who has called the witness or that party's lawyers, as well as a natural desire to give a good impression in a public forum, can be significant motivating forces.
Considerable interference with memory is also introduced in civil litigation by the procedure of preparing for trial. A witness is asked to make a statement, often (as in the present case) when a long time has already elapsed since the relevant events. The statement is usually drafted for the witness by a lawyer who is inevitably conscious of the significance for the issues in the case of what the witness does nor does not say. The statement is made after the witness's memory has been “refreshed” by reading documents. The documents considered often include statements of case and other argumentative material as well as documents which the witness did not see at the time or which came into existence after the events which he or she is being asked to recall. The statement may go through several iterations before it is finalised. Then, usually months later, the witness will be asked to re-read his or her statement and review documents again before giving evidence in court. The effect of this process is to establish in the mind of the witness the matters recorded in his or her own statement and other written material, whether they be true or false, and to cause the witness's memory of events to be based increasingly on this material and later interpretations of it rather than on the original experience of the events.
It is not uncommon (and the present case was no exception) for witnesses to be asked in cross-examination if they understand the difference between recollection and reconstruction or whether their evidence is a genuine recollection or a reconstruction of events. Such questions are misguided in at least two ways. First, they erroneously presuppose that there is a clear distinction between recollection and reconstruction, when all remembering of distant events involves reconstructive processes. Second, such questions disregard the fact that such processes are largely unconscious and that the strength, vividness and apparent authenticity of memories is not a reliable measure of their truth.
In the light of these considerations, the best approach for a judge to adopt in the trial of a commercial case is, in my view, to place little if any reliance at all on witnesses' recollections of what was said in meetings and conversations, and to base factual findings on inferences drawn from the documentary evidence and known or probable facts. This does not mean that oral testimony serves no useful purpose—though its utility is often disproportionate to its length. But its value lies largely, as I see it, in the opportunity which cross-examination affords to subject the documentary record to critical scrutiny and to gauge the personality, motivations and working practices of a witness, rather than in testimony of what the witness recalls of particular conversations and events. Above all, it is important to avoid the fallacy of supposing that, because a witness has confidence in his or her recollection and is honest, evidence based on that recollection provides any reliable guide to the truth.
This ruling, in my view, contextualises the admission of memory as evidence that even beyond criminal cases, there is a great deal of uncertainty and unreliability placed upon eyewitness testimony, and to reiterate, that "to place little if any reliance at all on witnesses' recollections of what was said in meetings and conversations, and to base factual findings on inferences drawn from the documentary evidence and known or probable facts
With this understanding of how memory and witness evidence is used even in civil cases, it places greater questions in how a documented evidence was disregarded for memory, with no known or probable fact that the Doctor in question had falsified the evidence (with no prior record or any action done in the past to suggest that action), but yet the Patient A testimony, which is recalling an event 2+ years in the past, is taken as-is without question.
Particularly when actions such as suspension or even being struck off are in the hands of people who make shaky judgements and are instituitionally racist
(was patient A white and hence "more trustworthy"?).
The GMC is indefensible in allowing this to happen and I fully support the BMA AGM proposal to call for a vote of no confidence in the GMC, of which I am confident it will be carried by an overwhelming majority.
submitted by returnoftoilet
to JuniorDoctorsUK [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 10:10 maximusaemilius Empyrean Iris: 2-9: Poisoned (by Charlie Star)
FYI, this is a story COLLECTION. Lots of standalones technically. So, you can basically start to read at any chapter, no pre-read of the other chapters needed technically (other than maybe getting better descriptions of characters than: Adam Vir=human, Krill=antlike alien, Sunny=tall alien, Conn=telepathic alien). The numbers are (mostly) only for organization of posts and continuity.
OC Written by Charlie Stastarrfallknightrise,
Typed up and then posted here by me.
Proofreading and language check for some chapters by u/Finbar9800
Future Lore and fact check done by me.
Looking at the title, three guesses as to what happens… Previous First [Next](link)
Want to find a specific one, see the whole list or check fanart?
Here is the link to the master-post.
Another galactic summit, more issues to deal with, and more problems to discuss, not the largest being the Burg war, and the attack on earth. Though it had been thwarted by the planet's natural hellish landscape, there were still discussions to be made about whether the Rundi and the Vrul would help to provide a defense Nexus to the remaining planets. As well as disaster relief on the Gromm home world.
The GA summit chambers at the Rundi home world were, once again, rife with alien lifeforms. It was also, once again, rife with Rundi underlings who were trying very hard not to freak out with all the duties that were being placed on their backs.
At least one thing was made clear this time, there was no point in getting human food for the summit, since the human delegates always insisted on trying all the other alien food. Leave enough of the nectar orbs from the Drev home world out, and that seemed to keep the humans happy enough.
Dr. Krill accompanied the commander into the summit, as was usual.
Sunny was not with them today, seeing as she had work to do back aboard the ship.
That left just the two of them.
Felt almost like old times.
The captain was dressed up in his fancy UNSC uniform, and as such, he was obligated to behave.
Apparently behaving didn't mean avoiding arguments with his most important doctor, who –despite being a complete genius– was hardly capable of getting the captain to agree with him.
"I just think that there should be better security at these things. All of the most important people in the galaxy are here."
"Krill, there is an entire armada outside, I hardly think we need to worry about being attacked by the Burg. Besides, their attack on earth completely broke their spirits and they have retreated back to their own space. We haven’t heard anything from them in a month now… There is no way they would try getting in here."
Krill crossed both sets of arms,
"I disagree, commander. I have been looking into human history of warfare, and I think that a spy could easily-"
*"Krill calm down will you. Besides, spies rely on the fact that you can disguise yourself to look like the other side. The Burg are so fugly that they'd be noticed in half an instant.
They came around the corner, and the commander was nearly knocked onto his back as an Iotin brushed past, hurrying from the banquet hall.
The commander tripped back into a wall,
"Woah watch... yourself."
The Iotin disappeared around the next corner, and the commander looked after him with a frown.
"Didn't know those guys could move that fast. Wonder why he could be in such a hurry?”
Krill waved it off as the commander poked his head into the banquet room,
"Oh look, pink orbs!"
"Commander, don't you think we should wait until after the summit, when the food is being served?”
The man waved a hand,
"Oh no one will notice one or two of them missing."
He quickly snuck into the room and Krill rolled his eyes as the man came out munching on one of the pink fruits.
”Maybe three? I mean four orb fruits are not much right?”
"And they made you leader of the fleet?”
"Yes. Also that means I deserve at least five orb fruit… Also, technically they are thinking of making me leader of the entire Galactic armada, but I digress."
"Lord help us all."
The captain made a face.
"What? It's true!”
The man shook his head.
"No, not you, this fruit tastes... Weird."
"Good weird or bad weird?”
He shrugged and took another bite.
"Weird… but not bad enough for me to stop eating it, so good weird I guess?”
He stuffed the rest of the orb into his mouth and licked the juices off his fingers.
"I still can't believe they would choose you."
"Better believe it."
The two of them walked into the main conference chamber to sit down with the other delegates. The human delegation was near the top tier, and so that is where they went, taking a seat just to the right of the Rundi chairwoman's box.
The entire room was alive with the sound of alien life.
Commander Vir leaned over to speak with one of the delegates and Krill was left to watch the room.
Most of the delegations were here, though the Iotin delegation had arrived late. Seemed strange considering he had seen one of their number not long ago.
The light dimmed a couple of times, and the chairwoman took her pedestal and began to greet the delegates. Krill looked on politely as was his want, though he wasn't entirely interested in the whole thing.
The charwoman could be rather long-winded when she got going.
He sat there through a good few minutes of it, glancing over at the other human delegates on occasion. Vir looked almost sleepy, though that was almost to be expected, he was never very good at politics, even though he was involved in them so much.
He turned back to the delegation.
The commander shifted uncomfortably in his seat during a discussion about intergalactic trade laws, and Krill looked over again.
The man had taken to licking his lips repeatedly.
"Are you ok?"
"Yeah fine, just thirsty."
He muttered, Krill let it go, though something made him turn back not to long after. The human was rubbing at his mouth, which appeared red, though he supposed that was supposed to be expected. Little lines of sweat were trickling down from his hairline.
He scooted a bit closer.
"Commander, are you feeling alright?”
He was waved off,
"Yeah, I'm ok, it just got a little hot in here as all... Feeling kind of... Faint. Maybe a little nauseous. I am sure I'll be fine. Probably just need something to eat."
The talks continued, but Krill wasn't focused on them anymore. The commander was not looking very good. He was sweating enough that the collar of his dress shirt was almost soaked. The tint of his face had gone from healthy blush to a yellow parlor. He looked as if he was about to pass out. A few of the other human delegates had started to notice.
Someone placed a hand on his shoulder.
"Commander are you feeling alright."
"I... I think I... Just need to... Walk around."
His voice was slurred.
"I don't think that's a good idea commander?"
Krill said turning his head to face him.
His pupils were unusually wide, despite the dark space around them.
*"The human was breathing hard now, one hand over his chest. His dry mouth from earlier was gone, replaced by saliva production so excessive he was having to clear his mouth every couple of seconds.
He looked at Krill, and the expression on his face was enough.
"I think I'm going to be sick."
The other delegates had leaned over, sensing the commotion, and they stood to let Krill and the commander pass as he stood and wobbled his way towards the stairs.
Krill could sense something was wrong almost immediately.
Dizziness, shortness of breath, nausea…
"Someone, help him walk."
Krill ordered, not caring about the delegation anymore.
Their sudden movement had caused a bit of commotion on one side of the room. The commander paused on the stairwell, and instead of turning towards the exit, he turned towards the delegation floor. Krill tried to grab him, tried to stop him, but the human – even in his weakened state – was still too strong.
A muttering had grown up around the crowd as he staggered onto the floor.
The chairwoman stopped speaking looking on in confusion.
"Commander, are you alright?”
The human paused at the center of the floor.
Everyone in the room was now watching him.
In the main lighting he looked absolutely horrific.
He was so pale his skin was almost yellow. The skin around his mouth was red. Sweat drenched the side of his face. He was drooling so badly that it was, at this point, impossible to control.
"The... food... Has been poisoned."
He choked out through heaving breaths.
And then he collapsed to his knees, vomiting violently on the white marble floor.
The entire delegation stood, shock and uproar filling the room. Krill ran over to help the human whose arms and hands were shaking as he tried to hold himself up.
The sight was horrifying. Saliva dripped in strings from his mouth. His clothing and hands were stained pink from the orb fruit from earlier.
Krill remembered he said it tasted weird.
Could he really have been poisoned?
A couple other human delegates vaulted over the railings and onto the floor, grabbing the man by the arms as his strength began to fail him. His body was shaking violently now.
Krill practically scream-ordered one of the assistances to grab his medical kit number three B (the one for poisons and toxins)
The entire room was in an uproar.
Krill jammed his finger at the Iotin representatives,
"Don't let them leave!"
The Iotins stood in shock as the delegations turned on them.
The Drev delegation, weaponless, still managed to make a circle around the group.
"Someone, go grab the food, and get me a sample!"
The commander had been rolled onto his side. His body continued to reject whatever toxin it had been given, though Krill desperately tried to avoid him aspirating and choking. That only got harder once the man began to cease and convulse. He had to reduce the absorption, but he also needed to keep the man from throwing it back up.
His kit was open on the floor, and he had the others help him with the tubes and medication. Adam wouldn't be helping him now, so he would have to get directly to the stomach himself.
He had one of the other humans hold him, as he inserted the tube and began with the activated charcoal. Hopefully that would be enough, before they got test results back. One of the Rundi came sprinting into the room, holding one of the pink orbs, handing it over to one of Krill's assistants who was ordered to test the fruit with one of the testing strips.
They did as told and the entire group waited for the results.
When the strip turned blue, Krill knew what it was.
It was at least similar to some toxins he had seen before and attacked the central nervous system in humans through absorption in the gut. The dosage had been too high however, and while the human could potentially choke to death, much of the toxin had already been rejected by the body.
"Someone cut open his sleeve."
The uniform was ignored as the sleeve was cut open and Krill placed an IV reaching into his kit for the antitoxin.
"You... Just have that lying around?"
One of the other humans asked and Krill nodded.
"I work with humans. I expect them to ingest stupid things that could kill them on a regular basis."
He was calm on the outside like a doctor should be, but on the inside, he was panicking horribly. The commander was not looking good.
But he placed the IV and made the injection.
"Someone test the other food. I want to know if this was planned for just the humans or for the entire delegation.”
His orders were quickly followed, and they found the toxin in almost every dish that had been in the banquet hall.
"You should be glad it was the human who took it first."
Krill was saying, the chairwoman asked:
"Why is that?"
"Because, the human body is the only one that would have noticed the poisoning before it was too late. The human brain responds to toxins that affect the central nervous system with dizziness and nausea. For any other species, you would have been dead before the symptoms kicked in."
On the floor the human convulsions had stopped. His heart rate was decreasing now, but Krill was keeping an eye on it.
The Iotins were still looking around in panic as the Drev glowered at them.
"What is the meaning of this?”
Their leader called. Krill turned on them anger in every line of his body,
"We saw one of you leaving the room before we entered, and they were in a hurry. So, forgive me if I am a little suspicious."
More uproar, but the Drev kept the delegates in check.
”Come on, commander."
Krill muttered. If he was going to wake up, it would be in the next few minutes, if only for a little bit.
One of the other humans had ripped open his uniform jacket, removing his tie and pulling the coat off, discarding it to the side. Krill was more than grateful for their help. Even more pleased when the commander opened his eyes bleary, his pupils almost back to normal.
"Congratulations, sir! You saved the entire delegation from death by poisoning. You're a hero!”
"I don't feel like one."
He leaned his head back onto the floor.
"Catch the bastards who did this for me will you?"
He licked his lips,
"I'm gonna pass out again now."
And then he did as promised.
Once again, the human body had managed to save the day.
Because as it turns out, humans are actually a lot harder to poison that one might first assume. Give them to high of a dose, and they will throw it up, give them too low of a dose and it won't kill them.
Plus, the human body is very good at letting everyone know when something is wrong.
It is especially difficult to poison a human when their best friend is an experienced doctor.
Whoever had done this, had not succeeded in their end goal.
And they wouldn't likely be free for long.
Previous First [Next](link)
Want to find a specific one, see the whole list or check fanart?
Here is the link to the master-post.
Intro post by me
Patreon of the author
Thanks for reading! As you saw in the title, this is a cross posted story written by starrfallknightrise and I'll just upload some of it here for you guys, if you are interested and want to read ahead, the original story-collection can be found on tumblr or wattpad to read for free. (link above this text under "OC:..." ) It is the Empyrean Iris story collection by starfallknightrise. Also, if you want to know more about the story collection i made an intro post about it, so feel free to check that out to see what other great characters to look forward to! (Link also above this text). I have no affiliations to the author; just thought I’d share some of the great stories you might enjoy a lot!
Obviously, I have Charlie’s permission to post this and for the people already knowing the stories, or starting to read them: If you follow the link and check out the story you will see some differences. I made some small (non-artistic) changes, mainly correcting writing mistakes, pronoun correction and some small additional info here and there of things which were not thought of/forgotten or even were added/changed in later stories (like the “USS->UNSC” prefix of Stabby, Chalar=/->Sunny etc). As well as some "biggemajor" changes in descriptions and info’s for the same stringency/continuity reason. That can be explained by the story collection being, well a story collection at the start with many standalone-stories just starring the same people, but later on it gets more to a stringent storyline with backstories and throwbacks. (For example Adam Vir has some HEAVY scars over his body, following his bones, which were not really talked about up till half the collection, where it says it covers his whole body and you find out via backflash that he had them the whole time and how he got them, they just weren't mentioned before. However, I would think a doctor would at least see these scars before that, especially since he gets analyzed, treated and goes shirtless/in T-shirts in some stories). So TLDR: Writing and some descriptions are slightly changed, with full OK from the author, since he himself did not bother to correct these things before.
submitted by maximusaemilius
to HFY [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 09:18 Sigb Kamusta, please assist in translating 3 short children songs
Hello, First I would like to say, that in Europe it is really hard to get children books with Tagalog. I have bought a few books on Amazon even, but they were after I bought them actually in English. Children books written for Filipino audiences written in English.... I have also tried to search for epub files, only to find very old public domain books for adults. Easier to just find stories in tagalog on websites on the internet like Ibong Adarna a favorite of my daughter. I my self have very poor Tagalog comprehension. I can mostly just follow the approx meaning of a conversation between two Filipinos and comment on the conversation in Norwegian. I intend to change that, but I have been more focused these years speaking Norwegian to my wife so she will learn.
Anyway, to the topic at hand. My wife and I did gift one of my favorite books as a child, not my copy, but an English translation to our nephew on her side. He doesn't live in Norway, but his mother does mainly speak English and Danish to him. Not Filipino. So we gifted him an English copy of Karius and Baktus. And when he grew out if it, they gave it back. Now I scanned the pages, used OCR with wrong settings to get some text out, painstakingly corrected all the text to what its supposed to be. And solicited ChatGPT 3 to translate each of the 4 chapters of the book. I can't verify the correctness of the translations, but I thought I would print out them on paper so my wife could just have a pen when she reads it to our 3 year old, and mark places she thought needed corrections, so we could review them later. I'm sure the translation from ChatGPT is good enough, at least for the first reading. I'll also insert images from the book before printing it. Haven't gotten that far yet. Here is the link
to I got so far. I just provide this if anyone is interested. If you have any comment on ChatGPT's translations please feel free to use the comment feature in google docs. I have yet to insert the images from the original book yet, and maybe do some formatting. The book is about Karies and Bacteria (I believe its Karies and mutans streptococci) in the mouth of a young boy called Jens. In this story they are called Karius and Baktus and are anthropomorphized as little trolls, and they make cavities. The morale of the story is to brush your teeth. The conclusion of the book is that Jens goes to the doctor and gets his cavities filled, and when he then brushes his teeth that evening Karius and Baktus can't hide from the tooth brush and are flushed down the drain. The original book is written and illustrated the beloved children's author Torbjørn Egner. The illustrations are lovely and childish if you google Karius and Baktus or the authors name. Or if you clicked the link after I put in the illustrations.
What ChatGPT failed miserably in however is translating the songs. Maybe ChatGPT4 would do better, but I can't afford that currently. I am asking if anyone could please translate these songs to Filipino, and have them still fit in the melody. So probably retain the same amount of syllables, and hopefully keep the same lines rhyming with each other. I know this is a long shot, if anyone would help me. Below I put the official English translations of the songs, which does fit the rhythm and rhyme. I also did attach the Norwegian original songs but translated to English, only focusing on retaining the meaning. These are just for reference if they may be helpful. I also attached the sheet music. The sheet music is just for the first and the last song, but the second song has the same melody as the last song.
Official English Translations: (sheet music including English words below the Norwegian literal translation) ``` The Be Happy Song
Hip hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Life is fine in every way. Here we have a special treat, All the sugar we can eat. Caramels both large and small Are the very best of all. And, of course, what's coming now: White bread thick with syrup! Wow! Tralalalala tralalalala Tralalalala lalalalala.
The Be Sad Song
There is nothing left to eat. Everything that's nice and sweet Mean old toothbrush swept away All the food is gone today. There is not a single bite Not a caramel in sight. No more bread or syrup too. What on earth are we to do?
After the Dentist
Where are we to sleep tonight? All the teeth are smooth and white. I'm so mad! So mad! So mad! evermore will I be glad. But there's nothing we can do, We're too small and helpless too. We're so tired - but we know There's no place for us to go.
Norwegian literal translation (just provided for reference)
``` The Be Happy Song (literal translation)
Hey, hooray, hooray, hooray! The two of us are doing really well. Here in Jens' teeth, we never lack sugar. Sweet little candies are the best thing we can get, and also what we're getting now: Delicious bread with syrup on top! Tra la la la la, tra la la la la, tra la la la la la la la la!
The Be Sad Song (literal translation)
Everything sweet and tasty has disappeared, big and small. Everything has been brushed away, that was really unfair! There's nothing here now - no little caramels, no bread with syrup on top - Oh, how will this go...
After the dentist (literal translation)
Oh, where shall we stay tonight? This tooth is smooth and shiny! Oh, I'm so angry, so angry, that I'm almost exploding! But there's probably no solution, because we're too small. We're both tired, but we have nowhere to stay.
``` Sheet music with the official English translation
keep in mind the second song above (The be sad song) has the same melody as the third song which is in the sheet music titled "The sad melody" but has the lyrics to "After the dentist" EDIT:
After messing about with two websites that claim to give access to ChatGPT4, if ChatGPT4 is what I got access to then it also is incompetent to translate lyrics for a song, while retaining rhythm and rhyme. One website gave one prompt (question) to ask per day. So I wrote all the details about what I wanted and all three songs in one prompt. It gave a better result, looks better, almost the correct number of syllables on each line. But it doesn't work with the melody because it is indeed the wrong amount of syllables. As for rhyming it either ignored that request, or it tried and failed. Another website gave just freely access to conversation with ChatGPT4, supposedly. And when asking about one song, well its about the same result as the other ChatGPT4 bot, for the first half of the first song at least, then it completely falls of the rails having sentences that are twice as long as the original text. And if I ask it to correct it self, it makes things worse. I don't know if these websites are in fact giving access to chatgpt4 or what the owners of the website does if you would write anything sensitive into the chat. But I did add the first attempt from the one prompt per day into my link to the book above. At least until I have something proper.
submitted by Sigb
to Tagalog [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 08:22 HylianLikely [USA][H] Nintendo/PlayStation/Xbox games, Pokemon, FF Pixel Remasters, Trails/Kiseki, Guides, Collectibles [W] Zelda/Metroid/Nier Games/Guides/Merch, Nier Automata Black Box, LA Noire (PS4), amiibo, Lists
I'm looking to cut down on what I have and focus on specific wants. All Games are non-Greatest Hits/Player's Choice/Platinum Hits/etc unless noted.
I have some things for sale here
. I'm willing to list more if people are interested
|Super Nintendo ||Condition |
|Mega Man X ||CIB |
|Mega Man X2 ||Loose |
|Secret of Mana ||CIB |
|Street Fighter II ||Loose |
|Nintendo 64 || |
|Hey You Pikachu ||Cart with manual and VRU, no mic or controller clip |
|Super Mario 64 [Player's Choice] ||CIB |
|GameCube || |
|Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door ||CIB |
|Pokemon Colosseum ||CIB |
|Zelda Four Swords Adventures [Player's Choice] ||CIB |
|Zelda The Wind Waker ||Disk+Case |
|Zelda Collector's Edition ||CIB |
|Wii/Wii U || |
|Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze ||CIB |
|Donkey Kong Country Returns ||CIB |
|Kirby's Dream Collection ||Sealed |
|Star Fox Zero + Star Fox Guard + Big Box ||Sealed |
|Metal Slug Anthology ||CIB |
|Metroid Prime Trilogy (Steelbook) ||Sealed |
|New Super Luigi U ||CIB with green case |
|New Super Mario Bros U ||CIB |
|New Super Mario Bros Wii ||CIB |
|Resident Evil 4 ||CIB |
|Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles ||CIB |
|Resident Evil Zero ||CIB |
|Super Mario 3D World ||CIB |
|Super Paper Mario ||CIB |
|Zelda Wind Waker HD ||Sealed |
|Switch || |
|Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster Collector's Edition ||Sealed |
|Fire Emblem Three Houses Season's of Warfare ||New, broken seal |
|Fire Emblem Engage Divine Edition w/ Tarot Card preorder ||New, broken seal |
|Grandia HD Collection [LRG] ||Sealed |
|Octopath Traveler Wayfarer's Edition ||CIB |
|Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle ||Sealed |
|Scott Pilgrim vs The World The Game [LRG] ||Sealed with trading card |
|Shantae Risky's Revenge Director's Cut [LRG] ||Sealed |
|Shantae and the Seven Sirens [LRG] ||Sealed |
|Super Mario 3D All-Stars ||Sealed |
|Sword Art Online Hollow Realization Deluxe Edition ||Sealed |
|Yooka-Laylee [LRG] ||Sealed w/ card |
|Zelda Skyward Sword HD ||Sealed |
|Zelda Tears of the Kingdom [UK Version, plays on all Switches] ||Sealed |
|Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Collector's Edition ||Sealed |
|Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Pro Controller ||Sealed |
|Game Boy/Advance || |
|Action Replay DS ||Loose with install disks and PC cable |
|Action Replay GBA ||Loose with install disk- doesn't load |
|Donkey Kong Land 2 ||Loose |
|Castlevania: Circle of the Moon ||Loose |
|Final Fantasy Tactics Advance ||CIB |
|Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones ||Loose |
|Tales of Phantasia ||Loose |
|Zelda Minish Cap ||Loose |
|Wireless Link Communicator (Pokemon) ||Loose |
|DS/3DS || |
|Bravely Default ||CIB |
|Dragon Quest VI ||CIB |
|Final Fantasy III ||Loose |
|Final Fantasy IV ||CIB |
|Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition ||Sealed, with keychain preorder |
|Kirby Triple Deluxe ||CIB |
|Mario Kart DS ||CIB |
|Mario Kart 7 ||CIB |
|Pokemon Omega Ruby ||CIB |
|Theatrhythm Final Fantasy ||CIB |
|Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call ||CIB |
|Yoshi's New Island ||CIB |
|Zelda Spirit Tracks ||Sealed |
|PlayStation || |
|Final Fantasy Tactics ||CIB |
|Final Fantasy VII ||CIB |
|Final Fantasy VIII ||CIB |
|Final Fantasy IX ||CIB |
|Metal Gear Solid ||CIB |
|Spider-Man ||CIB |
|PlayStation 2 || |
|Call of Duty: Finest Hour ||CIB |
|Call of Duty 2: Big Red One ||CIB |
|Conflict: Desert Storm ||CIB |
|Devil May Cry 2 ||CIB |
|Devil May Cry 3 ||CIB |
|Final Fantasy X-2 ||CIB |
|Grand Theft Auto III ||CIB |
|Jak X Combat Racing ||CIB |
|Medal of Honor Rising Sun ||CIB |
|Mega Man Anniversary Collection ||CIB |
|Prince of Persia The Sands of Time ||CIB |
|Ratchet and Clank [Greatest Hits] ||No manual |
|Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters ||CIB |
|Sonic Mega Collection Plus [Greatest Hits] ||CIB |
|PlayStation 3 || |
|Assassin's Creed ||CIB |
|Assassin's Creed II ||CIB |
|Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood ||CIB |
|Assassin's Creed III ||CIB |
|Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition ||CIB |
|Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ||CIB |
|Crysis 2 ||CIB |
|Dante's Inferno Divine Edition ||CIB without slipcase |
|Dead Space ||CIB |
|Dead Space 2 Limited Edition ||CIB |
|Dead Space 3 Limited Edition ||CIB |
|Devil May Cry HD Collection ||CIB |
|Devil May Cry 4 ||CIB |
|DmC: Devil May Cry ||CIB |
|Doom 3: BFG Edition ||CIB |
|Dragon's Crown ||CIB |
|Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen ||CIB |
|Enslaved: Journey to the West ||CIB |
|Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster ||CIB |
|Final Fantasy XIII ||CIB |
|Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns ||CIB |
|Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Collector's Edition ||CIB |
|Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector's Edition ||CIB |
|God of War Collection ||CIB |
|God of War III Ultimate Edition ||CIB |
|Heavenly Sword ||CIB |
|inFamous ||CIB |
|Journey Collection ||CIB |
|L.A. Noire Complete Edition ||CIB |
|The Last of Us ||CIB |
|Mass Effect Trilogy ||CIB |
|Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Limited Edition ||CIB |
|Ninja Gaiden Sigma ||CIB |
|Tales of Symphonia Chronicles ||CIB |
|The Orange Box ||CIB |
|The Last of Us ||CIB |
|Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale ||CIB |
|Prince of Persia ||CIB |
|Prince of Persia Classic Trilogy ||CIB |
|Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction ||CIB |
|Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time ||CIB |
|Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus ||CIB |
|Resonance of Fate ||CIB |
|South Park: The Stick of Truth ||CIB |
|The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel Lionheart Edition ||CIB |
|The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel II ||CIB |
|Tomb Raider ||CIB |
|Uncharted ||CIB |
|Uncharted 2 ||CIB |
|Uncharted 3 ||CIB |
|Vanquish ||CIB |
|White Knight Chronicles ||CIB |
|PlayStation 4 || |
|13 Senteniels: Aegis Rim ||CIB |
|Abzu ||Sealed |
|Bloodborne [GOTY Edition] ||Sealed |
|Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon [LRG] ||Sealed with card |
|Broken Age [LRG] ||Sealed with card and sticker |
|Celeste [LRG] ||Sealed |
|Dark Souls Remastered ||Sealed |
|Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin ||Sealed |
|Dark Souls III: Fire Fades Edition ||Sealed |
|Dear Esthar Landmark Edition [LRG] ||Sealed with card and sticker |
|DmC: Devil May Cry Definitive Edition ||Sealed |
|Doki Doki Literature Club Plus ||CIB |
|Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster ||Sealed |
|Final Fantasy XV Deluxe Edition (Steel Book) ||CIB |
|Flint Hook [LRG] ||Sealed with card and sticker |
|God of War [PlayStation Hits] ||Sealed |
|Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition ||Sealed |
|Hyperlight Drifter ||CIB |
|Metal Gear Solid V [Day One Edition] ||CIB |
|Nier Replicant [Snow White Edition] ||Sealed |
|Oceanhorn [LRG] ||Sealed |
|Ratchet & Clank [PlayStation Hits] ||Sealed |
|Resident Evil 4 Steelbook + Preorder DLC ||Sealed |
|Scott Pilgrim vs The World [LRG] ||Sealed |
|Scott Pilgrim vs The World [Collector LRG] ||Sealed |
|Shadow Complex [LRG] ||Sealed with card and sticker |
|Shantae: Risky's Revenge Director's Cut [LRG] ||Sealed |
|Shantae: The Pirate's Curse [LRG] ||Sealed |
|Song of the Deep ||Sealed |
|The Legend of Heroes Cold Steel Decisive Edition ||Like New |
|The Legend of Heroes Trails from Zero Limited Edition ||Sealed |
|The Legend of Heroes Trails to Azure Limited Edition ||Sealed |
|Thomas Was Alone [LRG] ||Sealed with card and sticker |
|Tomb Raider Definitive Edition ||Sealed |
|Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition ||CIB |
|The Last of Us Remastered [PlayStation Hits Sticker Variant] ||Sealed |
|The Swapper [LRG] ||Sealed with card and sticker |
|The Witcher 3 Complete Edition ||CIB |
|Uncharted Collection [PlayStation Hits] ||Sealed |
|Uncharted 4 [PlayStation Hits] ||Sealed |
|Uncharted Lost Legacy [PlayStation Hits] ||Sealed |
|Yooka-Laylee ||CIB |
|PlayStation 5 Controller ||Sealed |
|PlayStation HD Camera ||Sealed |
|PSP || |
|Dissidia Final Fantasy ||CIB |
|Final Fantasy [Favorites] ||CIB |
|Final Fantasy II ||CIB |
|Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection ||CIB, no special edition cards |
|Metal Gear Ac!d ||CIB |
|Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus ||CIB |
|Xbox 360 || |
|Blue Dragon ||CIB |
|Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion GOTY Edition [Platinum Hits] ||CIB |
|Fable II ||CIB |
|Fable III ||CIB |
|Fallout 3 GOTY Edition [Platinum Hits] ||CIB |
|Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition [XB1 cover] ||CIB |
|Forza Horizon ||CIB |
|Gears of War ||CIB |
|Gears of War 2 ||CIB |
|Gears of War 3 ||CIB |
|Halo 4 ||CIB |
|Perfect Dark Zero ||CIB |
|The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition ||CIB |
|Xbox One || |
|Gears of War Ultimate Edition ||CIB |
|Halo 5 Limited Collector's Edition ||CIB |
|Recore ||CIB |
|CDi || |
|Link: The Faces of Evil ||Sealed |
|Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon ||Sealed |
|Strategy Guides/Books ||Condition |
|Skyrim Special Edition Collector’s Edition [Hardcover] ||New |
|The Witcher 3 Complete Collector’s Edition [Hardcover] ||New |
|Zelda Collector's Edition (Gamecube, Foil Silver Cover) ||Very Good |
|Zelda Twilight Princess HD [Hardcover, Collector's Edition] ||Very Good With Cloth Map |
|Super Mario Sunshine ||Like New |
|God of War (2005) ||Good |
|Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga ||Good |
|Zelda Encyclopedia ||New |
|Manuals || |
|Kirby Super Star (SNES) || |
|Kirby 64 || |
|Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland || |
|Donkey Kong Country || |
|Mario Tennis (GBC) || |
|Super Mario Bros Deluxe || |
|Final Fantasy Tactics Advance || |
|Golden Sun Lost Age || |
|Zelda Link's Awakening DX || |
|Others and Collectibles || |
|Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Contest Winner Scarf ||Sealed |
|Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Link Sleeve ||Sealed |
|Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Collector's Medal ||Sealed |
|Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Luggage Tag ||Sealed |
|Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Broken Master Sword Light ||Sealed |
|NES Classic ||Sealed, first print |
|SNES Classic ||Sealed, first print |
|Playstation Classic ||Sealed |
|Nintendo 64 Switch Controller ||Sealed |
|Super Mario Movie AMC Popcorn Tin ||New |
|Pokemon Movies 1-3 Steelbook ||Like New |
|Pokemon Board Game ||Box is in fair condition but it is COMPLETE, every piece |
|Pokemon Burger King Card Set ||Complete Mint |
|Final Fantasy VII Remake First Class Edition Cloud Figure w/ Lanyard ||New |
|Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV Steelbook ||CIB |
|Classic Pokemon Cards ||Very Good to Mint |
|Classic Yugioh Cards ||Very Good to Mint |
|amiibo || |
|Pit ||x2 NIB |
|Joker ||NIB |
|Metroid Dread 2-Pack ||NIB |
|Zelda & Loftwing ||NIB |
|Twilight Princess Link ||NIB |
|Ocarina of Time Link ||NIB |
|Wind Waker 2-pack ||NIB |
|8-bit Link ||NIB |
** Are highest wants *** Most wanted
|Nintendo ||Condition |
|The Legend of Zelda [Gray Cart] ||CIB |
|Zelda II [Gray Cart] ||CIB |
|Super Nintendo || |
|Zelda A Link to the Past (Player's Choice) ||CIB |
|Zelda Ancient Stone Tablets ||Any |
|Seiken Densetsu 3 ||CIB |
|Yoshi's Island ||Box and manual or CIB |
|Donkey Kong Country 2 ||Box and manual or CIB |
|Super Mario RPG ||CIB |
|Nintendo 64 || |
|Banjo-Kazooie ||Box and manual or CIB |
|Banjo-Tooie ||Box and manual or CIB |
|Donkey Kong 64 ||Box and manual or CIB |
|Ocarina of Time (GOTY Edition) ||CIB |
|Super Smash Bros ||Box and manual or CIB |
|N64 Expansion Pack ||CIB |
|GameCube || |
|**Zelda Four Swords Adventure (JP) ||CIB |
|Zelda Wind Waker (Player's Choice) ||CIB |
|Metroid Prime 2 ||CIB |
|Super Smash Bros Melee ||CIB |
|Wii/U || |
|Zelda Skyward Sword (Rev 2) ||CIB, must say RVL-SOUE-0A-2 on bottom of disc |
|Metroid Prime 3 ||CIB |
|**NES Remix Pack ||CIB |
|Sonic Lost World ||CIB |
|Switch || |
|Zelda Link's Awakening Limited Edition (EU) ||CIB |
|Chrono Cross Radical Dreamers Edition ||CIB |
|Legend of Mana ||CIB |
|Okami (import) ||CIB |
|Zelda Skyward Sword Joycons ||CIB or New |
|GB/GBA || |
|Final Fantasy Adventure ||CIB |
|Metroid 2 ||CIB |
|Metroid Fusion ||CIB or Box/Manual/Inserts |
|Metroid Zero Mission ||CIB or Box/Manual/Inserts |
|NES Classics: Metroid ||CIB |
|Zelda ALttP/Four Swords ||Any |
|GameBoy to GameCube cables ||Any |
|DS/3DS ||Condition |
|Metroid Prime Pinball ||CIB |
|Ultimate NES Remix ||CIB |
|Majora's Mask 3D (Nintendo Selects) ||CIB or Sealed |
|PlayStation || |
|Legend of Mana ||CIB |
|Xenogears ||CIB |
|PlayStation 2 || |
|Drakengard ||CIB |
|Drakengard 2 ||CIB |
|Shadow of the Colossus ||CIB |
|PlayStation 3 || |
|Nier Replicant (Original Japanese PS3 version) ||CIB |
|PlayStation 4 || |
|Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen ||CIB |
|Hollow Knight ||CIB |
|**L.A. Noire ||CIB |
|***Nier Automata Black Box Edition ||CIB |
|Okami ||CIB |
|Phoenix Wright Trilogy ||CIB |
|Shadow of the Colossus Limited Edition ||CIB |
|Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles ||CIB |
|PlayStation 5 || |
|Demon's Souls ||CIB |
|Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade ||Sealed or CIB w/ Unused Code |
|Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut ||CIB |
|Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana ||CIB |
|Xbox 360/One || |
|Nier ||CIB |
|Halo: The Master Chief Collection ||CIB |
|Halo 5: Guardians ||CIB |
|Rare Replay ||CIB |
|Recore: Definitive Edition ||CIB |
|Other || |
|***Zelda GBA SP System ||Any but must be original shell |
|**Zelda Wii U Bundle ||CIB |
|**Zelda's Adventure (CD-i) ||CIB |
|Zelda Majora's Mask New 3DS XL ||CIB |
|Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D 3DS Console ||CIB |
|Zelda 2DS ||CIB |
|PlayStation Vita ||Any |
|Link: The Faces of Evil ||CIB |
|Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon ||CIB |
|Zelda Strategy Guides || |
|Sealed Zelda games, consoles, offers || |
|Zelda Merch, offers || |
|Metroid Merch, offers || |
|Nier Books || |
|amiibo || |
|Bayonetta (Player 1) ||Any |
|Wolf ||Any |
|Inkling Girl (Smash Bros) ||Any |
|Min Min ||Any |
|Richter ||Any |
|Simon ||Any |
|Terry ||Any |
|Solaire ||Any |
|Offers || |
And your lists. Let me know what you got! Thanks for looking
submitted by HylianLikely
to gameswap [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 08:22 Black_Hazard_YABEI Tentative Plot Preview of my Amourshipping fic (Pokemon A/S) Version 1.2
Fanfic name: Pokemon A(sh)/S(erena)
--------------------Continuity and Placement
After 1 years of MPM Epsiode 11
For Liko and Roy: Somewhere After Pokemon Horizon Epsiode 6-8 and it's subject to change
Protagionist: Ash and Serena (Of course)
Main Cast: Clemont, Bonnie, Misty, Brock, Gary Oak
Everyone will receive the Mega Evolution
Gary Oak become Professor before the fic starts. May become Top Coordinator before the fic starts. (I might consider to make the Advancedshipping side story of how May become Top Coordinator by defeat Dawn) Dawn will become Top Coordinator by defeat May and Serena on Screen.
May and Dawn will become Serena's rival.
Chloe is May, Dawn and Serena's apprentice
Pokemon Master scaling from best to worst: Ash >>>> Leon > all 6 Masters
Pokemon Coordinator scaling from best to worst : May >= Dawn > Serena > Chloe > Miette > Drew = Zoey
Pokemon Performer scaling from best to worst :Serena > May > Dawn > Aria > Chloe > Miette> Jessie
--------------------Change from Anime in this fanfic
- become smarter and more mature at beginning, but still a dense shell (slowly breaks)
- Use Aura and his superhuman strength very often
- Ash will not release any non Pikachu pokemon at beginning, Regularly use his old pokemon and keep switching his party except Pikachu, because in this fanfic, Ash want to spent more time with their old pokemon. However, as the times comes by, Ash will slowly have the fixed team that features with few Paldea Pokemon.
- Some of his Pokemon like Bayleef and Gable will be fully evolved
- Acknowledge that Team Rocket Trio have heart and will display Sympathy to them
- will slowly become a better battler than anime counterpart (become as strong as Clemont) , joining battle way more often and will even features with several back-to-back action with Ash
-While Bond Transformation is exclusive to Greninja in anime ,in this fanfic bond transformation can also be accessed if the Trainer have unusual high relationship with their Kalos Starter (might subject to change in future) such as Serena-Delphox and Clemont-Chesnaut
-Clemont's Chespin will evolve to Chesnaught because of some Lab accident which also blow up the Prism Tower(lol!)
-Up to 6 on hand Pokemon Limit still applys here, but can use some device to replace members in their party as they wish before entering battle, and it can be bypassed by simply befriend with other pokemon rather than caught them in pokeball
-Introduce various of team finisher move which will not be considered as one of the "4 moves"
-4 moves limit are still applies here, but trainers can bypass it by create their very own charge move on their pokemon
-Trainers can use all 6 pokemon at the same time
-Features tons of OC enemy, pokemon or the antagionist that are neither Pokemon nor Humans.
-Bonnie will become part of the team instead of Tagalong Kid and use squishy to help saves the day more often.
-Clemont will become more successful Scientist because he now got the more competent assistant (Clembot MKIII and his Chesnaught)
-Clembot will be upgraded to Clembot MKIII in this fic
-Arceus become way more loyal to Ash into the point that will makes Arceus angry enough to personally
Everyone will have their official age +1, except Ash who is still stucking at 10 years old (There'll be the story arc which explains why Ash was still 10 years old)
Team rocket trio will be sent to jail at ending of Team Rocket Arc because I feels like they're superfluous in the fanfic. But they might return if I can make use of them and appears as reformed person because they're not entirely bad person I think Liko and Roy will appear as side characters Greninja will be actively used, but there'll be few chapter where Ash didn't bring his greninja in his party Almost everyone will get Mega evolution Serena will move to Pallet Town and live with Ash, while Clemont, Bonnie and Meyer will temporary living with Ash as well Calem will appears in this fanfic as cameo alongside with Serena's Game counterpart
) , who will appears with Anime Serena at the same time I might consider to make the Pearlshipping Side Story which will take place before
--------------------Arc 1: The dream begins and reunion (ep 1-6)
-------------------- Type: Storytelling, Action, Romance, Amour
Ash recieved the invite that will makes him reunite with his girlfriend, but he must deal with the plant from giant rock which will eventually not only makes him reunite with his girlfriend, but also reassamble the entire XY cast and makes the story looks like XY sequel (lol!)
Episode 1: Story begins with Ash saw the nightmare where the world being destroyed and even Arceus unable to do anything about it. Then Ash wake up and he just realized that he was invited to see the Pokemon Contest final (Serena Vs Aria) in Kalos, but when Ash went to Kalos, he saw his Greninja being unconscious because of being overworked for cutting wood so many years non stop without taking any break (Lol!)
Episode 2: It's only 1 hours before Pokemon Contest final starts,
Ash had sent his Greninja into Pokemon center. Meanwhile Bonnie and Clemont calls Ash that the plant from Giant Rock had nearing the Luminse City.
Ash and Lucario attempt to sense where's the source of those plant are but unable to. Meanwhile at this time, Greninja had been fully recovered and returns to Ash!
Episode 3: Greninja had been recovered!
With Greninja's help, Ash was finally able to find the source of the Giant Rock- on underground. Clemont used the newly devloped drill to make the tunnel so that Ash (with Pikachu, Lucario and Greninja), Clemont (with Luxray) and Bonnie (With squishy) will able to reach the underground and saw the core of those plants. With the combined effort of Pikachu, Lucario, Greninja, Luxray and Squishy, they was able to destroy the core and stopping the Giant Rock plant once and for all. Episode 4:
After the Giant Rock Plant Core had been Destroyed, Ash had found that the Pokemon Contest final had already begin. Ash was tried to reach Pokemon Contest as soon as possible. At first, Aria's excellent Contest skills makes Serena begin to self-doubt if she could made it, but Ash was eventally managed to arrives and cheers Serena, allowing Serena to unlock Bond Transformation on Her Delphox to become Serena-Delphox and become Kalos Queen
(Yes, I made her Kalos Queen that early because I have struggle to write Pokemon Contest chapters) Episode 5:
At last, Ash and Serena had finally reunion! To celebrating Serena become Kalos Queen, Ash was going to buy the new clothes for Serena as suprise gift so that Serena can put her Blue Ribbon back on her chest
, but Ash have struggle to do so because Ash know nothing about clothing style, but thanks to Diantha's help, Ash was eventally able to find the clothes that fits Serena and fits her Blue Ribbon. Episode 6: Ash and Serena say goodbye to Miette, Diantha and May and moved to Pallet town.
But at the next day, they found themselves had been trapped inside the crowd as both are now become the celebrity and all of the billboard had their own face! Diantha will teach Ash and Serena must find the way to move around in public
--------------------Clemont single chapter (ep 7)
-------------------- Type: Storytelling, Action, Humor
I made this chapter so that I can give Clemont bond transformation form
Episode 7: Clemont was devloping the devloution device which allows the Pokemon to devolve if they accidentally evolved against their will. However, like most of Clemont's device, his devlution device went malfunction and begin to explode and accidentally fully evolved his Chespin into Chesnaught as well! Everyone was managed to escape, but the explosion was so huge that it blows half of the Prism Tower, leaving them homeless and have to temporary move to Pallet town to live with Ash until the Prism Tower had been fully restored. Meanwhile, Xerosic managed escaped from jail and separated Clemont from Bonnie and Meyer. Xerosic's power protector easily overpowers all of his pokemon and his chesnaught! Xerosic was teasing that Clemont's science is terrible, but Clemont determination that the science was supposed to be used for justice allows his chesnaught to unlock the bond transformation to become Clemont-chesnaught
, allowing Clemont to defeat Xerosic and sent Xerosic back to jail. Unfortunately, Xerosic was managed to damage the Prism Tower which forcing Clemont, Bonnie and Meyer to living in Ash's house temporarily until the Prism Tower had been rebuilt.
-------------------Ash pidgeot single chapter (ep 8)
-------------------- Type: Action
Despite Ash's pidgeot had officially returned to Ash, it's another questions of how long can his pidgeot live with his trainer.....
Episode 8: Tons of Fearow had invaded and caused the huge chaos in Pallet town and steals Serena's blue ribbon! Ash's Pidgeot had found that those Fearow are came from Viridian Forest. Ever since Pidgeot had reunited with Ash, those Fearow had rapidly reproduce, quickly take over the Viridian Forest and begin to spread out of nowhere! Those Fearow demands Ash's Pidgeot in exchange for those Pidgey and Pidgeotto's life and the Blue Ribbon. Ash and Pidgeot arrived Viridian Forest but those Pidgey and Pidgeotto told them not to leave his Pidgeot here because they thinks that the Pidgeot was belong to Ash and Ash refuse to leave his Pidgeot here. Those Fearow now attempt to hurt those Pidgey and Pidgeotto and ate the Blue Ribbon! Ash Mega Evolved his Pidgeot to fight against those Fearow but being slowly outnumbered by those Fearow. On the verge of Ash's Pidgeot's defeat, those Pidgey and Pidgetto had evolved into Pidgeot and helps Ash's Pidgeot to defeat those Fearow and give Ash back the Blue Ribbon, ending those Fearow's threat once and for all! Ash and his Pidgeot was bid farewell to those Pidgeot and give the Blue Ribbon back to Serena, now Ash's Pidgeot can live with Ash forever!
--------------------Ash single chapter (ep 9)
-------------------- Type: Adventure Ash will caught Dunsparce in this episode
Epsiode 9: After 27 years of failure, Ash had finally caught his most longed wanted Dunsparce ! (which will later evolve into the rare 3 segment dundunsparce by TM him Hyper Drill)
--------------------The Muted Princess of Hoenn Arc (ep 10-12)
-------------------- Type: Adventure, Humor May, the Princess of Hoenn had been diagnosed spasmodic dysphonia and become inability to speak like Red
) did! Meanwhile, Ash and Serena being sent to Hoenn in very funny way and reunited with May and Max! This epsiode also features
Epsiode 10: Team Rocket trio caught Ash's Pikachu once again! Ash jump to the Team Rocket ballon to save Pikachu while having Serena caught his feet, but Ash had end up makes the Team Rocket ballon explodes and sent Ash, Pikachu and Serena to Hoenn! (lol!). May and Max meet Ash and Serena once again and was surprised why Ash would hugging Serena so tight and lying on the ground (lol)! Ash and Serena attempt greets May and Max but May didn't speak and respond with sign language! Max then told Ash and Serena's sad news about May become inability to speak because of the spasmodic dysphonia! Knowing that Jirachi will took 980 years to become useable again, Max decided to find which pokemon can cure May. Serena will get Absol in this epsiode
Epsiode 11: While May and Max was staying at their home to find if there's any pokemon to makes May can speak again, Ash and Serena went outside and saw the Absol laying down outside and end up seriously injured.
Epsiode 12: After Serena caught Absol, Max had found that the only way to makes May can speak again is to find the Unown, and Molly is the only person who can use Unown to make May speaks again. Ash, Serena, May and Max went to greenfield and found Molly to use unown to spell "May Speak" so that May can speak again
------------------Arc 3: Team Rocket invasion (ep 13-21)
-------------------- Type: Action
XY/XYZ cast had finally reassambled! But let's not forget about that they must deal with the very first and longest lasting villain organization-Team Rocket!
Epsiode 13: Gary had reunited with Ash
, where former had become the Pokemon Professor. Gary brings Ash and Serena to visit the extension of Professor Oak's laboratory (Clemont and Bonnie was here too!). Meanwhile, Giovanni had arrived the laboratory and defeated Professor Oak. Gary came out and fight against Giovanni once again and.....lose once again. Meanwhile, the Team Rocket Grunts kidnapped Professor Oak while they're battling and Giovanni had left the laboratory!
Epsiode 14: Giovanni kidnapped Professor Oak to Team Rocket base to make Professor Oak works for him. Ash and Gary was thinking about how to save Giovanni. Meanwhile, the Team Rocket trio appears once again and attempt to steal his Pikachu, but Misty and Brock arrives and saves Ash's Pikachu. Ash respond with a heavy heart as Ash aware that this might be their last time to prepare for trouble as Ash had decided to destroy Team Rocket once and for all (Yes, he feels sympathy for those Team Rocket Trio because he aware that Team Rocket Trio have heart) and Ash's pikachu sent Team Rocket Trio flying once again like usual!
Epsiode 15: Thanks to Clemont's science, Ash, Misty, Brock and Gary was able to track down the location of Team Rocket base. Clemont gives Ash the device which allows Ash to freely switch his Pokemon party anywhere and anytime. Ash, Misty, Brock and Gary went to Team Rocket base while leaving Serena, Clemont and Bonnie at Ash's house. Ash, Misty, Brock and Gary charging towards Team Rocket Base and begin the final battle against Team Rocket!
Epsiode 16: Ash, Misty, Brock and Gary fight against thousands of Team Rocket Grunts
who "Welcomed" them. But they slowly outnumbered by those Team Rocket Grunts and they realized that those Team Rocket Grunts are here to buying Giovanni's time! Misty and Brock decided to stay here and clean the road for Ash and Gary to reach Team Rocket Base!
Meanwhile, Professor Oak had been tied into the chair which extract his knowledge about the pokemon.
Epsiode 17: Ash and Gary was finally managed to find Giovanni and Professor Oak. Giovanni transfer his consciousness into the Armored Mewtwo (this Mewtwo is different from the first movie one and it's nothing more than Giovanni's new body) while Gary was going to save Professor Oak. Serena, Clemont and Bonnie saw the news about Ash is fighting Armored Mewtwo and decided to head to Team Rocket base together with the help of met Korrina, Alain and Diantha.
Meanwhile, Ash had been defeated by Giovanni and being tied outside the Team Rocket base!
Epsiode 18: Clemont, Bonnie and Serena met Korrina, Alain and Diantha to rescue Ash
, but being interrupted by the artifical pokemon army. Meanwhile Giovanni was about to end Ash's life, but being stopped by Gary. Inside Ash's mental world, Aaron was teaching Ash to master Aura power. After Ash mastered the Aura power, Ash breaks free with his newly mastered Aura power and team up with Gary to fight against Giovanni.
Epsiode 19: Thanks to Ash and Gary's excellent teamwork,
in addition of Ash's mastered Aura power, Giovanni had been easily defeated and Giovanni's mewtwo armor had been teared apart.
At the same time, Misty, Brock, Serena, Clemont, Bonnie, Korrina, Alain and Diantha had defeated al of the grunts and artifical pokemon army and reunited with Ash and Gary.
Meanwhile, Giovanni still refused to give up, he used the knowledge that being extracted from Professor Oak to create the gigantic ultimate pokemon called Chimera. Giovanni insert his consciousness into Chimera and razed half of Pallet Town into ground!
Epsiode 20: Despite the combined effort of Ash, Gary, Misty, Brock, Serena, Clemont, Bonnie, Korrina, Alain and Diantha
, Chimera was proven too much for those heroes to handle! Chimera then begin to cover the entire sky with the black smoke which will slowly turns all pokemon all over the world into shadow pokemon! Seems there's nothing to stop him, the real mewtwo appears and helps those hero to fight against Chimera. Meanwhile, Ash's Greninja was managed to use his extrasensory to emulate almost all of Pokemon moveset while his Lucario's aura power had been enchanced which allows his Lucario to create the spirit bomb sized aura sphere. Ash, his pikachu, Greninja and Lucario eventally able to blown Chimera to pieces and sent Giovanni's consciousness back to his human body. Ash came in front of Giovanni and about to kills him with Aura sphere, but Serena, and later the newly arrived Team Rocket Trio pleding Ash not to. Following Giovanni, Team Rocket Trio and rest of Team Rocket member being arrested, Team Rocket had finally being taken down for good. Korrina, Alain and Diantha say goodbye to Ash, Gary, Misty, Brock, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie as Korrina, Alain and Diantha head back to Kalos. Ash and Team Rocket Trio made the promise that they'll be travel together once the Team Rocket Trio served their sentence Epsiode 21: Few days after Team Rocket being taken down, Ash, Gary, Misty, Brock, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie made the celebration for that.
--------------------Arc 4: Ash being dense shell (ep 22-24)
-------------------- Type: Storytelling, Action, character building, emotion
The world had back to it's peace following the shut down of Team Rocket. However, Ash's dense shell kick in ane he'll will learn the the hard way about what will happen for being dense shell
Epsiode 22: Ever since Ash become much stronger since the Team Rocket fight, he begin to become arrogant and addicted in Pokemon Battle! (Yes, typical dense shell Ash for ya) He begin to refuse other people's help and even end up having Quarrel with Serena! Ash ragequit his house and being attacked by Damian
, who is looking for revenge of his charamder's betrayal. Despite Ash become lot stronger since they last met, Damian's newly obtained Psychic power and his Charizards army (Mega charizard X and Y, Gigantmaxed Charizard and Shadow Charizard that Damian created with his Psychic power) was proven even more ahead of Ash, but Ash's bond between pokemon quickly turns the table! While Ash was about to defeat Damian, his Pikachu suddenly unleashed the large amount of power and went berserk!
Epsiode 23: Having his pikachu went berserk, Ash had slowly realized that he's only care about Pokemon and become megalomaniac had corrupted his bond with pikachu! He begin to feels sorry about how he treat his friends especially Serena. Ash was later apogoized to Serena and his friends and slowly reconcile with each other and discuss how to bring his pikachu back to control. With the combined effort of Serena and his friends, Ash was eventually able to bring his pikachu back to sense.
Episode 24: Those evil Malamar had finally returned to present and attempt to brainwash Ash and Serena once again
, but Clemont used his device to prevent the brainwash from happening! **Ash and Serena was quickly blows those evil Malamar into ashes but the energy crystals absorbs those evil Malamar's body and activated and quickly defeated all of their pokemon except Pikachu. That energy crystals attempt to shoot laser on ground and Ash have only pikachu left to stop that energy crystal! Ash's feelings resonance with pikachu which allows pikachu utilized that power once again to **create the deadly new move for pikachu: Ragnerok!
--------------------Single Pokeshipping chapter (ep 25)
-------------------- Type: Story telling, Action Misty must find the balance between traveling with Ash and her gym.
Episode 25: Misty had been tired of her having to do all three jobs from her 3 Irresponsible sisters, which making her leave her gym behind and went to Ash's house. Ash was suprised how Misty would willing to give up her gym for that Meanwhile, Damian hijacked Misty's gym and kidnapped Daisy, Lily, and Violet, to demands Misty in exchange her gym and her sisters. Ash and Misty worked together to defeat Damian and saved all 3. Misty's 3 sisters apogoized for over-reliance the gym operation to Misty alone and promised Misty that they'll become more responsible for their gyms. Misty give her gym back to her sisters and says goodbye to them.
------------------------------------- Ash,Serena, Misty, Clemont, Bonnie and Brock will go to Alola and meet Ash's classmates. Lillie will merge with the Shiny Nihiliego with same name
#Lillie) in this Arc
Ash,Serena, Misty, Clemont, Bonnie and Brock went to Alola for vacation and reunited with Ash's classmates. Meanwhile, the parallel version of Lusamine
(from Pokemon Sun and Moon game) had went to this universe using the Ultra Wormholes and kidnapped the Shiny Lillie
#Lillie) for parallel Lusamine's evil deed! Ash and his Alola classmate must find the way to recuse the Shiny Lillie and stop the Alola from being invaded by the Ultra Beast army!
--------------------------------------Planned Future story Arc:
Pokemon Contest Arc (Mittie vs Serena) or: Features with May vs Dawn, but I don't know who should win the contest. If May wins, Serena will encounter May and if Dawn wins, Serena will encounter Dawn. Serena will lose either way. Wallce Cup Arc(May vs Dawn, Chloe vs May, Chloe vs Dawn, Dawn vs Serena) or: countine the romance amour with Ash arc:
(Should I? But I really suck at writing those)
--------------------------------------Oizys Arc (adopted from this one shot):
-------------------------------------- Type: Action, Deconstruction Fic, drama, passion, Original Story, Fantasy, Meta Warning: Starting at this Arc, the typical Amour and even anime Pokemon logic will be thrown out the window and replaced with the original plot that you might not asked for! Warning: This Story Arc features with full of ridiculousness, rather dark story, in-face towards TPC and filled with heavy irony and even fourth wall break etc. Please watch at your discretion! If you want something closer to Pokemon Anime, skip to Paldea Arc. Ash teachs Goh how to take care of Pokemon
, but Goh's dark side came to manifest as its own entirely separate, physical entity called Oizys, Goh's evil counterpart who is the psychopath pokemon hunter
(a parody of many chinese amourshipping fic features with Goh as antagionist), Goh was paralyzed with fear after witnessing his evil counterpart's cruelty and end up in coma for a while. Oizys steal all Serena's pokemon, all Ash's ace (including his Greninja) and almost managed to steal his pikachu but his pikachu managed to free all of Ash's ace and Serena's pokemon, Ash and Serena got the upper hand and defeats Oizys, but Ash being posessed by Oizys in front of Serena's eyes
and defeated almost every single Ash's traveling partner, all 7 Pokemon Masters , Gary Oak and Serena. But Serena was eventally managed to free Ash from Oizys control. After defeating Oizys, Goh finally wake up and learned the harsh lesson about how to take care of his pokemon.
--------------------------------------gossip Arc (adopted from this one shot):
-------------------------------------- Type: Deconstruction Fic, drama, Original Story, Break Fourth Wall, humor
Warning: Another original plot which full of ridiculousness, filled with heavy irony and even fourth wall break sans Action. Please watch at your discretion! If you want something closer to Pokemon Anime, skip to Paldea Arc. Ash and Serena must find a way to debunk various of the fake news
(like Liko is Ash and Serena's daughter) that damaging their reputations and free Liko
from being cyberbullied. In addition, they'll also met Nemona marks the first appearance in this Arc and will join Ash's team!
--------------------------------------Paldea Arc 1
-------------------------------------- Ash and Serena finally went to Paldea for first time, Liko, Roy and Necoma finally join Ash's team in this Arc.
Ash, Serena, Roy, Liko and Nemona will meet Steven to obtain the Tera Orb to Terastalize their Pokemon.
Ash will also caught the Paldea flying type Pokemon here
--------------------------------------Kalos Queen defend Arc
-------------------------------------- The new season of Pokémon Showcase begins! Can Serena Defend her Kalos Queen title?
--------------------------------------"Shipping War" Arc (adopted from This one shot):
-------------------------------------- Warning: This Story Arc features with full of ridiculousness, rather dark story, in-face towards TPC and filled with heavy irony and even fourth wall break etc. Please watch at your discretion! If you want something closer to Pokemon Anime, skip to Paldea Arc. Type: Deconstruction Fic, drama, Original Story, Break Fourth Wall, humor
After The giant blue bird had makes Serena and Misty , all Ash's female travel companion and even all humans in pokemon kills each other
until there's only 1 left against their will!
Ash was able to free all of his friend before any tragic happens but that giant blue bird absorbed Serena
and begin to spread all over the world! The only way to save Serena is to have Ash insert the feelings toward Serena into the water shuriken to open the hole out of Twitter's physical body so that Ash can save Serena.
--------------------------------------Ash's 10 years old truth Arc Prequel (adopted from this one
shot**):**-------------------------------------- Type: Deconstruction Fic, drama, Original Story, Amour, Break Fourth Wall, romance, character building, Action Warning: Another original plot which full of ridiculousness, rather dark story, in-face towards TPC, filled with heavy irony and even fourth wall break! Please watch at your discretion! If you want something closer to Pokemon Anime, skip to Paldea Arc. After Ash and Serena discovered the truth about Ash's being cursed with eternal 10 years old which might potentially eventally wipe away his character development and revert him back to the 10 years old stupid dense shell like in Uvona, Ash and Serena got psychological shadow and escape from reality by living in their own dream and refuse to wake up. However, Ash and Serena would eventually overcome their fear and . It'll also features with the cameo appearance of Calem and Game Serena.
--------------------------------------Fanfic Flashback Special Single Epsiode
-------------------------------------- Type: Crossover, Flashback After Calem being freed from Camel's possessing, Ash, Serena, Calem and Serena (Game) will meet each other and share their life experience before sending Calem and Serena (Game) back to their own universe.
-------------------------------------- Type: Deconstruction Fic, drama, Original Story, Amour, Break Fourth Wall, romance, Amour, character building, Action Warning: This Story Arc features with full of ridiculousness, rather dark story, in-face towards TPC and filled with heavy irony and even fourth wall break etc. Please watch at your discretion! Tobias was revealed to be the "Ash's dream crusher",
so strong that not even the combined effort of 7 Pokemon Master can stop him! This Arc features with the return and the final battle against Oizys and Damian.
--------------------------------------Ash's 10 years old Arc:
-------------------------------------- Type: Deconstruction Fic, Original Story, Amour, Break Fourth Wall, romance, Humor Warning: This Story Arc features with full of ridiculousness, rather dark story, in-face towards TPC and filled with heavy irony and even fourth wall break etc. Please watch at your discretion! Last Story Arc where Ash is still 10 years old Ash finally defeated Tobias, but Ash's 10 years old curse had finally reverted Ash back to the tough dense shell. Ash's friend and Serena must find the way to break that curse to stop Ash from being 10 years old and bring the mature Ash back.
--------------------------------------Oshi no Ko crossoveIdol industry dark truth Arc:
-------------------------------------- Type: crossover, drama, Break Fourth Wall, Humor Warning: This Story Arc features with full of ridiculousness, rather dark story, heavy irony, fourth wall break etc. Please watch at your discretion! Ash finally grown up! Serena was being invited to went to Japan for the performance but eventually rejected after she discovered the shocking, ugly truth of the idol industry in Japan. Officer Jenny gives the secret mission for Ash, Team Rocket Trio (served their sentence), Latias and Team Rocket Trio's Ditto will camouflage as Serena, Dawn, May and Chloe to sneak into those idol industry and debunk the dirty act in idol industry in Japan, while the real Serena, Dawn, May and Chloe will appeals to her fans all over the world to boycott such dirty act in idol industry in Japan.
submitted by Black_Hazard_YABEI
to u/Black_Hazard_YABEI [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 06:33 JinseinoBakuhatsu Alien Force RANT (1-5)
Alien force is so bad and i'm frustrated, I just finished rewatching the original series and now moved on to Alien forced so far watched 5 episodes. They fucked everthing up.
Gwen - what have they done to you? they got rid of her personality and vigour, now she's just a generic boring insert female character who is the subject of love interests. Getting carried out of the fight on the ship by Kevin was embarrassing old Gwen would never let others dictate her actions. Speaking of Kevin, Gwen saying she likes Kevin and wants him to ask her out? Wtf am I listening to? the criminal and murderer that she met again for five minutes, is the guy she wants to date? could this get any dumber. This is not Gwen.
Also there's no more spell or spellbook, they've taken all the fun out of her magic to replace with generic purple energy, also retconing her to be an alien which is just nonsense. I hate her outfit aswell just a bland schoolgirl outfit with a skirt that wouldn't be comfortable or practical for her to jump around kicking people like she did before.
Ben - character is as i'd want, except his over obsession with Max, however they've taken ALL the fun out of the omnitrix. There's no more timing out, he ethier has control over it or it just times out at the right moment everytime, there's no drama any more, no tension.. he knows the name of the aliens BEFORE he turns into them and how to use their powers . This is lazy shit writing they've taken away the fun of learning the new aliens.
Kevin- gets over his hatred of Ben/ being locked away in a negative zone way too quickly.. likes Gwen immediately.. because? plot. Kevin wasn't a generic edgy bad boy he was a murdering psychopath and this progression makes zero sense. Also retconning more powers he absorbs ENERGY not matter.
PLOT - so far I have some issues, plumper badges retcon? why do they look like the omnitrix which the plumbers didn't know existed? not just a retcon it's a plot hole, apparently the plumbers liked to fuck aliens and now all their kids are half aliens with powers this is the dumbest part of the plot. The idea fucking aliens gives u powers, the fact they can even have kids with aliens genetically, the fact the plumbers wouldn't vermently forbid this.. plumbers kids are just normal clueless humans who have no clue what there parents did, this part of the plot is beyond moronic.
I will continue to hate watch this show but god I miss the original.. good thing I was a kid when this was out and didn't care about or notice any of this.
submitted by JinseinoBakuhatsu
to Ben10 [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 06:07 lightboxgoodman Thankful 2 – Paper Cut Light Box File - Cricut File - 20x20cm - LightBoxGoodMan
| || | submitted by lightboxgoodman to u/lightboxgoodman [link] [comments]
Released in 2018, LightboxGoodman is one of the leading brands specialized on papercut lightbox and shadow box. Thankful 2 is one of more templates in Other collection used to create paper cut light boxes, they can be used for cutting by hand or for cutting machines (Cricut, Silhouette ....)
Your purchase includes high resolution files in many different types (see below):
- Instructions file (PDF)
- SVG files (vector files, can edit like original designs files)
- PDF files
- PNG files
- DXF files
You can either print and hand-cut it or use a cutting machine (Silhouette or Cricut die cutting machines). After that you just have to assemble everything by following the step-by-step tutorial and insert it in a shadow box frame where you'll attach an LED strip.
#lightboxgoodman #shadowboxsvg #lightboxtemplate #papercutlightbox #shadowbox #3dshadowboxsvg #paperlightbox #paperlightboxsvg #shadowboxtemplate #paperboxtemplate #shadowlightbox #cricut #DIY #SVG #paperbox #gif #diygift #craft #papercraft #template #CRICUT #diyshadowbox #papercutting #sillhouette #scancutbrother #redmapleleaves #MidAutumn #mapleleave #AutumnVibe #Autumn #thankful
2023.05.30 05:15 parallelbarrel [WTS] Eotech EXPS2 Green holographic sight
Please dibs/comment then send PM.
Selling an excellent condition EXPS2-0
with the green reticle. Includes original box/inserts. Inspected on 8/13/2020. I wanted to like the EXPS line, but my astigmatism is pretty bad with these things. Have been slowing selling these off and switching over to etched reticles. Price is $450 shipped Paypal F&F. Thanks for looking.
submitted by parallelbarrel
to GunAccessoriesForSale [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 04:54 Physical-Contract496 Working on 180gr federal hst loads for my xten. I settled on 14gr aa#9 at 1.250”. They shoot damn good. And feel great
2023.05.30 04:43 gambs Translation & Release Status Update/Discussion - May 28
This is the weekly translation status update thread. Use this thread to discuss translation news, issues, titles you're looking forward to, etc.
Note: This is simply a mirror from 4chan's weekly thread on the /jp/ board. All credit goes to the user VNTS there. VNDB links will be included. Entries in Bold have had changes since last week
- Aiyoku No Eustia - 100% Translated and edited and TLC
- Akatsuki no Goei ~Principal-tachi no Kyuujitsu~ - 100% translated, 41.38% edited, 25.29% through QA
- Akatsuki no Goei ~Tsumibukaki Shuumatsuron~ - "15/169 Total scripts. Act 1 finished. Working on Act 2."
- Amagami - 3rd public Beta patch released
- Aonatsu Line - Translation starting
- Baku Ane 2 - Prologue, Ritsuka Fully translated, Wakana 8/8 Lessons, 5% route, Mashiro 5/8 lessions, Miran 2/5 events and Sayaka 1/3 events translated, Ritsuka patch released
- Bishoujo Mangekyou -Kami ga Tsukuritamouta Shoujo-tachi- - 30% translated
- Caucasus - 100% translated, image editing complete, editing, QC/TLC , and playtesting remain
- CHAOS;HEAD Love Chu Chu! - 65.04% translated, 6.17% edited
- CHAOS;CHILD Love Chu Chu - Being translated
- Chicchakunai Mon - 100% translated and 39.5% edited
- Chusingura 46+1 - 21227/82770 (25.65) lines translated, Kuranosuke route partial patch released
- Clearworld - Translation starting
- Deatte 5-fun wa Ore no Mono! Jikan Teishi to Atropos - Common Route patch released
- Dekachin Kozou - Released
- Dragon Knight 4 - 57% translated
- Fate/Extra CCC - 100% translated, 25/2499 main scripts edited
- Fukyou no Hana - Snow Flower - Released
- GinIro Haruka - Mizuha route released, Mizuha edits finished, Yuzuki route fully translated and ~50% edited
- GOS01 - Oshioki no Kyouiku Jikan ~Watashi, Kareshi no Tame ni Kyouiku o Ukemasu~ - Released
- H2O √ after and another Complete story Edition - 100% translated, 64.2% edited
- Hakuchuumu no Aojashin - Restoration patch focused on Case 1 released, work being done on the rest of the untranslated scenes
- Haruka na Sora - Sora and Yahiro routes translated, Kozue 29% translated, overall TL 70% TLC 70% ED 26%
- Hikage no Himari - sun in the shade - Released
- Houma Hunter Lime - Patch in development
- If My Heart Had Wings: Snow Presents - 23% translated
- Junketsu Megami-Sama - 2nd Alpha patch released, Astarotte route finishing up
- Kareshi Inai Reki = Nenrei - Translated 19442 / 58264 text lines (33.37%)
- Koukan no Toriko-Tachi - Prologue, common, and Cuckold Play route translated, Swinging Route 35%, Yukari POV 40%
- Kud Wafter - 23,835 / 31,579 (73.5%) lines translated
- Kusarihime ~Euthanasia~ - "Translation finished. Rest of the processes ongoing."
- Lover Able - 100% translated and edited, 2928/34467 lines approved (8.49%)
- Lucky Star ~Ryouou Gakuen Outousai~ - episode 1 patch released
- Maji Koi A-5 - 85% translated
- Manakashi no Yuri wa Akaku Somaru - 66% translated
- Miagete Goran, Yozora no Hoshi o - 1 of 4 routes translation finished for the restoration patch, Houkiboshi Hika 2 of 4 H-scenes translated
- Nursery Rhyme - 100% translated and edited, text insertion 100% complete, testing ongoing
- Otogirisou - 100% translated
- Planetarian Snow Globe - Editing and proofreading finished, finishing up images and technical work
- Pure Pure - 100% translated, needs proofreading, partial patch released, all routes have been inserted
- Rui wa Tomo o Yobu - 19.51% translated, 4.20% edited
- Sakura Wars 2 - Being translated, demo patch released
- Sen no Hatou, Tsukisome no Kouki - Both original and fan disc 100% translated, in need of editing
- Shabura Rental - 20760/33358 lines (62.2%) translated
- Shangrlia 2 - Menu patch released, patch in development
- Shin Hayarigami - 48% translated
- Shirotsume Yubiwa - 100% translated, 50% beta patch released
- Tenshi no Inai 12-gatsu - 100% translated, TLC and Editing upcoming
- Tokimeki Memorial 2 - Being translated
- Tsukihime - A piece of blue glass moon - Arcueid route patch released, Ciel route 100% translated, days 3 through 13 edited and days 3 through 12 finalized
- Tsuma Netori - 35% translated, 20% edited
- Umi kara Kuru Mono - 85/138 scripts translated
- Watashi wa Kyou Koko de Shinimasu - 100% translated, 99% (2254/2265) lines edited, 36% (826/2265) lines QC
- Walkure Romanze - Common + Celia + Lisa + Mio routes patch released
- Yosuga no Sora - Translation finished, editing and TLC ongoing, Total: TL 100% TLC 71% ED 55%, Common/Kazuha/Motoka routes fully edited
- Kiminozo - Kickstarter for English release planned pending success of JP Crowdfunding
- Amairo Chocolate 2 - Through QA, awaiting approvals
- Harumade Kururu - Waiting on build
- Rewrite+ Harvest Festa - 100% translated, 20% edited
- Hoshizora no Memoria (retranslation) - In QA
- Subete no Koi ni, Hanabata o. - 50% translated
- Sumire - Picked up
- Sanarara R - 100% translated and edited, waiting on build
- Glass - Picked up
- New Glass - Picked up
- Karakara 3 - 100% translated and edited
- Yume to Iro de Dekiteiru - 90% translated, 30% edited
- Zutto Mae Kara Joshi Deshita - 100% translated, in editing
- Gakkou no Seiiki - 100% translated and edited, Waiting on build
- Imouto no Seiiki - 100% translated and edited, Waiting on build
- Chiisana Kanojo no Serenade - 50% translated, 20% edited
- Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi - 10% translated
- Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi AA - Announced
- Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka - 40% translated
- Re;Lord 3 - In QA
- Marshmallow Imouto Succubus - In QA
- Hamidashi Creative - Announced
- Happy Saint Sheol - 100% translated, 25% edited
- Inupara - In Development
- Nekopara After La Vraie Familie - In Development
- Nie no Hakoniwa - 90% translated, 10% edited
- Parfait Remake - In translation
- Raspberry Cube - Announced
- Uso Kara Hajimaru Koi no Natsu - 50% translated, 30% edited
- Animal Trail Girlish Square 2 - 100% translated and edited, waiting on build
- Animal Trail Girlish Square LOVE+PLUS - 100% translated and edited, waiting on build
- Clover Days - Rejected by Steam, "Additional image editing in progress"
- My Klutzy Cupid - 100% translated, 60% edited, Image Editing in Process, Through Steam Approvals
- Dracu Riot - "Waiting on Warmsoft for a QA Build"
- Melty Moment - 80% translated
- Aoi Tori - "Porting work is still ongoing"
- Fureraba Complete edition - Vita exclusive content to be added to Fureraba a couple months after the fandisc release
- Secret Agent of the Knight Academy - "Image editing complete, Engine work wrapping up, Nearly ready for QA"
- Floral Flowlove - 100% translated, 60% edited
- Kakenuke Seishun Sparking - 15% translated, 5% edited
- A Colorful World - 100% translated and edited "Image editing/integration of HD assets in progress"
- Love, Elections, & Chocolate - 100% translated, 17% edited, "Unity port in-progress"
- Love Love Love, Burning in my Heart! - 100% translated and 74% edited
- Ready or Not: The Deadline is Coming! - 100% translated, 17% edited, "Image editing complete, Engine work in progress"
- Mysteries of the Heart: The Psychic Detective Case Files - 100% translated and edited, "Image editing in progress" working with developer on engine work
- Tenshi Souzou Angelic Chaos RE-BOOT - 10% translated
- [Secret Project 2]() - 100% translated and edited, queued for Unity port
- [Secret Project 3]() - 100% translated and edited, image editing complete, waiting on QA build
submitted by gambs
to visualnovels [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 04:30 i_donthavea_name (WTS) Thinning the herd: North Arms, Karroll. Olamic, Spyderco, Fox, APurvis, Microtech, SBD, Benchmade, Berg Blades, Lacanico, Giantmouse, Pena X Series, Ferrum Forge
The purge continues! As stated before, I`m getting ready to retire and travel for several months so I'm drastically thinning the herd of safe queens and uncarried blades (round 3). I don't really have the room in the camper for as many knives as I have now. My downsizing can benefit you!
-Not looking for trades but all prices are OBO, all reasonable offers are considered.
-PP G&S, all prices are including shipping, US sales only, first YOLO/comment/message gets the blade.
-Up for sale this round is: https://imgur.com/gallery/luNP8Sc
1.) Steve Karroll AEB-L Fixed Blade.
AEB-L Blade. Previous owner had Karbadize make some scales for it. Comes with kydex sheath. Sheath was cut down to fit the new scales, the cut isn’t the most even but holds super solid. Small bit of wear from the sheath. OAL is about 7 7/16". Never sharpened. Comes with COA. SV $180 https://imgur.com/gallery/GVQEt1z
2.) North Arms Skaha 1 in Carbon Fiber. S35VN with Carbon Fiber Scales. Excellent condition. Very sharp and super light. Nicely centered and has that amazing Skaha action that still stands out. Drops shut too. Wonderful knife with beautiful milling. Comes with taco, North Arms letter, and business cards. SV $200.
3.) Olamic Wayfarer 247.
M390 blade with Olamic's acid dark wash finish. This knife has been carried, fiddled with, but never cut anything besides opening some Amazon packages. The only blemish is a small snail trail on the show side of the blade. The centering is dead-on, action is good. Solid lockup. The scales have a deep-sea finish/sculpting that reflects light beautifully and is even better in person. Bronzed hardware and backspacer, the latter of which is also sculpted to match scales and the clip. Comes with the original zippered pouch, the COA, and the pivot tool. S/N T495-H, DOB 10.30.2020. SV $425 https://imgur.com/gallery/Uj62VEo
4.) Olamic Swish.
Elmax blade with satin finish. Titanium scales in Olamic’s blue seabed contouring. Titanium Clip with nugget backbar anodized bronze. A few very slight marks/scratches on the blade, but not much. Handles look good with no noticeable signs of wear. Detent is very good and the blade fires out nicely with the flipper tab or a Spydie flick. Drop shut and the lock up is solid. Comes with the Olamic case, the COA, and 2 business cards. SV $350 https://imgur.com/gallery/4SPPfO8
5.) Spyderco Paramilitary 2 (PM2) Blackout Lynch. CPM S30VDLC blade. Easily the best PM2 I've ever owned. Snappy, super smooth, rock solid, drops shut, centered. Second owner. It saw some light use from the first owner but looks more or less new, slight wear near the lock on the spine. The edge bevel is a little jacked up but that's how it came from the factory. Comes with nice Lynch box, leftover Spyderco scales, clip, sticker, and key chain. SV $160
6.) Fox Knives 40th Anniversary #005.
M390 striped blade and carbon fiber scales. You won’t find many of these on the internet. This one has a really cool blade. Appears to be a sharpened blade from the previous owner and general signs of carry. Really cool knife though. Perfect size, great ergos, that blade. My only complaint is the detent is a little soft so the action isn't super snappy. No original box but will come in a zippered pouch. SV $375 https://imgur.com/gallery/YTgzX0Q
7.) APurvis Progeny V1.
M390 blade with a satin finish and purple anodized scales. Action is solid and the detent is on point. There are some marks from a previous owner’s sharpening on the choil and a couple of barely visible scratches on the pocket clip. Great knife with good ergos. No box but comes with a pouch. SV $225 https://imgur.com/gallery/6M1x0dr
8.) Microtech UTX-70 SE - CUSTOM. CTS 204P blade. Previous owner went overboard on this one, it seems like it was a fun little project. This one started life as a standard gray single edge. They then had this one blizzard washed and the hardware bronzed. The Microtech logo was replaced with what was supposed to be a Kraken, but it’s more like a cute little octopus... The blade was acid washed with satin flats, and finished on a wicked edge. All mod work was done by EDC House/Way of the Knife. The knife has not been used since it was modded, just fidgeted with. Functions perfectly and fires great. Some snails on the show side. This is an automatic tool, please be aware of your local laws and regulations. Comes with the box. SV $180
9.) Sharper By Design Micro Exo Typhoon with carbon fiber inlays.
M390 blade with carbon fiber inlays. Second owner but the original owner got this one directly from the original drop. Beautiful action, fit, and finish. One of the sharpest factory edges I’ve seen. Comes with the box. SV $300 https://imgur.com/gallery/I1SrdIS
10.) Benchmade Bailout 537SGY. CPM-3V partially serrated tanto DLC blade with black Grivory scales. Original owner but only carried a few times and never used to cut with. Practically new-in-box. Super light (2 oz) and super thin! Solid knife that is an easy carry and opens and closes with ease and fluidity. Comes with the box and Benchmade pouch. SV $175
11.) Benchmade Rift Osborne Design 950SBK. 154CM partially serrated DLC blade with black and charcoal layered G-10 scales. Original owner with light carry and only used to open Amazon packages. Sharp factory edge and perfectly flips open and closed with minimal effort. Very functional edge shape that is similar to the 940 but easier to hold onto with the textured scales. Comes the box and Benchmade pouch. SV $125
12.) Berg Blades Slim. M390 stonewashed blade with stonewashed titanium scales. This thing is pretty cool and despite its easily carryable size, makes you feel like you could chop down trees. Not the first owner, I flicked it open a dozen times or so, tested putting it in my pocket a few times, and then put it back in the box. Small snails on the scales but the stonewash hides them well. SV $275
13.) Ray Laconico & Massdrop Keen.
S35VN blade with brushed titanium scales anodized bronze. Gorgeous knife that shows almost no signs of being carried. This thing literally snaps open with early lockup, perfect centering, and no lock stick. Drops shut with the slightest shake. Comes with the box, taco, and R. Laconico cloth. SV $140 https://imgur.com/gallery/w8kACQ4
14.) Giantmouse Vox/Anso ACE Biblio with green Micarta scales. M390 stonewashed blade with green Micarta scales. Original owner and only carried for one week. Found out that micarta wasn’t my style. Great knife with the only signs of carry being slight patina on the micarta but there is still a long way to go to have them fully patinated. Comes with the box and original packing material. SV $150
15.) Pena X Series Lanny’s Clip Flipper.
S35VN clip point blade with green G-10 scale inserts. Beautiful two tone satin and stonewashed blade and blue anodized hardware. The fit and finish is amazing and the action is smooth. Small snails on the titanium bolster. Previous owner added the lanyard and bead. Comes with taco only. SV $210 https://imgur.com/gallery/mzVWxhD
16.) Ferrum Forge & Massdrop Falcon Wing Edition. All black edition with stonewashed DLC S35VN blade with titanium scales milled to resemble a bird of prey’s wing. Really great detent and action. Drops shut with a shake. Second owner with almost no signs of carry. Perfectly centered. SV $85
submitted by i_donthavea_name
to Knife_Swap [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 03:35 Master_Antelope What if I Rewrote Miraculous? (Season 4, Eps 1-13) (minor spoilers for S5)
Sorry I've been gone for a bit, I had a storyline to finish up and a few bad bouts of writer's block, but I managed to get to this finished up! Here's Season 4, eps 1-13! Be sure to leave some feedback!
Season 4 (March-April):
- Truth: First change (shared with Lies): Lukanette/Adrigami are clearly established to have been a thing over multiple weeks/a month, with the NY special being the second(?) time they’re truly established. I doubt it’s truly satisfactory, but stuff still has to work within this specific season/the larger narrative, so… eh. Second change: Andrew Hendrol is present for the concert on the Liberty (“I might have to challenge you guys to a battle of the bands one day.”) and slips off to transform into Dragonus just before Luka arrives akumatized. He absorbs Truth/Eyebeam’s (renamed Light Eye) powers then buggers off to appear later in Lies. Third change: Shadow Moth’s design. While I personally like it, it wasn’t terribly popular. So here's a slight redesign: the main body can stay the same with its purple overcoat and black lapels but make the purple a bit darker and the lapel is the same as it was on Hawk Moth. His cowl is now a chromed blue with a peacock feather “eye” right on the forehead instead of his Zuko monocle. His skin turns indigo like Mayura’s and his eyes are like Duusu’s, but more malevolent. The biggest change to his costume is the function of the tailcoat itself: its tail is like a male peacock’s train, long and vibrant blue with pinkish feather eyes in the back, and it opens and spreads in reaction to his emotions. For example, if he’s pleased or angry, it opens up and spreads out behind him, and if he’s exasperated/neutral, it folds back down. Fourth change: Marinette’s transformation into Ladybug is fixed this time around.
- Lies: First change: Marinette isn’t as fan-girly over the Adrien life showing, instead wondering if he’s doing alright with his schedule. Tikki and the others assure her that he’s probably used to it, and she doesn’t have to be so worried about it. Of course, this doesn’t dissuade her nerves, especially not when the modeling session the show films has Lila in it. Second change: The art room scene gets a couple added lines of dialogue (“Adrien. Our parents raised us for perfection, but we don’t need that. We’re already perfect. We’re perfect. Just show me your truth.” “But… I’m not sure what that truth is.” “Let me show you.”) before their class starts. Third change: the Hendrols are present for Prince Ali’s birthday party – it’s why Dragonus skedaddled from the fight – and Andrew manages to hide and transform without anyone noticing, avoiding Lies’ sphere. Even Dragonus can’t risk touching the sphere, even if his cravings for power – much like a vampire – don’t go away.
- Gang of Secrets: First change: Tikki attempts to console Marinette after she talks about worrying about Shadow Moth and Dragonus (“Well, Duusu had always been a bit chaotic. I could imagine that he might be causing Shadow Moth a problem or two. As for Dragonus… he can’t have it much better than you right now, right?”), which cuts to Andrew Hendrol and the Dark kwamis all having a dance party to unknown song that sounds suspiciously similar to “Hips Don’t Lie”. Second change: Instead of the girls just barging up, Tom and Sabine give them permission to go up and check on Marinette. “She hasn’t been answering for us, maybe she will for you.” And the dollhouse doesn’t break from Rose taking off the roof. Rather, Rose trips on something – maybe a roll of thread or a screwdriver or loose paper – and knocks into it. Same result, though, but Alya rightfully calls Mari out: “Okay, Marinette, something is really wrong with you. I’m sorry we can in uninvited, but your parents said we needed to check up on you, and I’m sorry Rose broke the house, but it was a complete accident and you’re blowing up over it. There’s more going on here than just boy trouble, isn’t there? We’re your friends, girl, we want to help.” To which Mari replies: “Maybe I don’t want your help, or your friendship anymore. Get out!” Third change: Dragonus swoops in during the fight and knocks around the Gang of Secrets himself after LB catches Lady Wifi, which inadvertently gives LB time to talk LW into rejecting her powers. Fourth change: Rena Rouge doesn’t look as off in this episode, where her skin was a few tones too light. Dunno if it was intentional, but that still could be fixed. The episode ends as normal.
- Mr. Pigeon 72: First change: a biggie. Alya acknowledges Lila’s number of akumatizations and says, “You know, even if you couldn’t tell me about Lila’s lying about being BFFs with Ladybug, you still could’ve told me – or anyone, for that matter – about how she threatened you in the bathroom. No one threatens my BFF with impunity.” I know a lot of people were upset with Alya’s passiveness over the whole Lila situation, but this line will have impact throughout the rest of the rework. Second change: I found this out on a whim, but it turns out city pigeons are a kind of dove, so Bob Roth wasn’t entirely wrong. Fun. Third change: Andrew Hendrol is watching the evil pigeons transform people outside and figures out he can’t go out, transformed or not, without getting touched. Vorrath: “When has that stopped you before?” Andrew: “I’ve got it.” Cut to later, he invades the fight between the illusions and Mr. Pigeon in a giant mech made out of a sentimonster that he teleported into so he could fight. Overkill doesn’t begin to cover this guy. Fourth change: I’m tempted to change Ladybug’s Lucky Charm suit to her permanent one, but if I did, certain episodes wouldn’t have as much oomph later… hmmm. For now, her suit can stay the same.
- Psycomedian: Honestly don’t know what to do with this one, it’s a fairly solid little episode; funny, love square-y, gives Gabriel some background and Cat Noir some spotlight. I guess I can really just add Dragonus to the mix: Psycomedian tries his emotion-gimmick on him and he no-sells it (there is a lot, and I mean a lot of lore behind Dragonus/Andrew Hendrol, so I think it would be easier to link my original fics with him up to the point I’m at for posting and you can explore his background there, as well as his powers) then proceeds to quickly skirmish with Angrybug: “There’s the fire I sensed when I absorbed your powers! Why don’t you let loose like this a little more? Finish the job!” (Again, lore makes sense if you read my main fics, I’m sorry, but he’s such a big character in my works that I don’t know how to condense it down. I’ll try but expect that later.)
- Furious Fu: First change: I’m really, really confused as to why Fu and Marianne are not referred to as husband/wife or at least married. They would’ve gotten married, right? It’s not a thing that I or the fandom seem to be upset about, I’m just super confused, and if anyone is willing to enlighten me, I’d be thankful. For now, Fu and Marianne are a couple, husband and wife, like they should’ve been since Backwarder or before. Second change: During the fight between LB/CN and Su-Han, guess who shows up but Dragonus. Su-Han freezes for a moment, which gives LB/CN time to snatch the Miracle Box, but Su-Han tries to pull it back. SH: “Ladybug! You did not tell me the Dark Dragon Miraculous was in Paris!” CN: “Sounds like you never asked!” Dragonus: sarcastically “Aw, now you’ve hurt my feelings.” Draws sword and points it at SH. “So you’re the Celestial Guardian I heard about. Head honcho, I’m guessing.” SH turns his aggression towards Dragonus. SH: “You and your kind are a blighted spot amongst the history of the Miraculous, demon!” Lunges. “Heavenly Retribution! The Righteous Will of the Justiciar Breaks the World’s Evil!” Dragonus dodges most of the attacks and matches a few of them, but Su-Han lands one good punch to the stomach. Dragonus: “growls Alright, then. You aren’t as much of a pushover as they are… or the Guardians at the Temple were. If we’re going to talk in metaphors, here's mine.” Flies away from SH and presses center of sword, opening a compartment and pulls out a purple pendant on a chain, emblazoned with a stylized T-rex face. “The grand unity of dinosaurs and dragons humbles the arrogant monk. Rexx, Vorrath, Unify!” (See here for appearance: https://archiveofourown.org/works/42733506/chapters/114090748 use ctrl-F and search "Thero"). “Thero Dragon flies as the Dark Guardian!” This reveals to everyone present that Dragonus has more of the Dark Miraculouses at his disposal and subsequent “oh crap” from Su-Han reveals how serious it is. By this point, LB/CN ran off, Thero Dragon taunts Su-Han and flies off, then doesn’t return until the battle with Furious Fu in the stadium, where he absorbs FF’s powers and briefly fights LB/CN before flying off again, proclaiming that “You haven’t seen the last of Thero Dragon!”. Episode ends as normal, but Su-Han will appear again this rewrite before Ephemeral.
- Sole Crusher: Okay, major change time again. I know a lot – almost utterly ridiculously so – of people do/did not like Zoe in the slightest. But, since I’m trying to stay fairly… fair to the source material (while adding new and interesting concepts), we are including Zoe, only her introduction is going to be quite different. Zoe has come to Paris because her time at her boarding school was cut short due to complete and total bullying, and her own father, a man we know as Robert Lee from Audrey, is too distant to think of another arrangement within NY and sends her to Paris to be with her mother. So, Zoe is going to be quite sullen/angry with her situation, and this becomes apparent when Marinette runs into her. Marinette apologizes profusely, but Zoe gives her a glare and basically tells her to bugger off. Marinette, though, recognizes something is wrong and pries just a little more (and it’s framed as Marinette trying to keep Zoe from attracting Shadow Moth’s attention while simultaneously trying to help), and Zoe reveals a bit of what’s happened – including the one friend – but not the full story nor which family she’s living with. Marinette, being the all-but-Lila-loving hero she is, preps a bag for the new girl. “Even if life has been bitter, it helps to have something sweet!” Marinette says. Zoe gives her a strange look. “What’s your angle? Everyone has one. Why’re you helping me?” Zoe asks, confused and suspicious. Marinette blinks in surprise and shrugs. “It’s the right thing to do, especially when you’re in a new place. I gave you my number if you’d like to chat.” Zoe blinks twice, clearly surprised by the generosity and seeming genuine nature of the girl in front of her. “Okay, then. I guess I should give you mine so… you know.” Marinette holds out her hand. “So I don’t lose it.” The first step to breaking Zoe’s rough exterior has been taken, but said rough exterior still persists when Zoe arrives at the hotel. Another major change: Audrey, while trying to be more supportive of Chloe, still has her preferred child, and that preferred child is Zoe, because, and this will cause drama later, “Zoe is one of only four people in my life who don’t grovel at my feet.” Chloe walks into the lounge/dining hall and hears this and immediately goes nuclear, but her rant is cut short by Zoe snapping at her to “Shut your mouth, you little brat.” Chloe is, of course, horrifically offended, but Audrey breaks it up before it escalates and sends them to get to know each other better… which, given this Zoe, goes about as well as expected. She snaps at all of Chloe’s rules, throws the diamond heels, and when Chloe calls her a “horrible half-of-a-sister”, Zoe throws it right back at her. This back-and-forth continues to school, where Zoe doesn’t bend to Chloe’s whims, but instead blows up at her again – which inadvertently does two things: it proves that Zoe isn’t like Chloe, but she’s quote-unquote “bad” in other ways. Of course, someone – Andrew Hendrol – sees this whole debacle and comments, “Such a powerful response to Chloe’s bratty self, such a temper. Oh, yesss, I like her.” There’s still “scaring Damocles” and “Marinette/girls talk about Zoe and Chloe”, but it’s less of Chloe’s influence and more “wow she’s scary but I bet Chloe had something to do with it.” Marinette and Zoe’s text still goes through, and Chloe still snaps at her for texting Marinette, but Zoe just snaps at her. “It’s none of your business, Chloe.” Chloe, on the other hand, makes it her business and goes back to her notebook, eventually landing on cockroaches in the locker (reused material, really?) to punish Marinette, and Zoe actually stumbles, a haunted look in her eyes. She staggers out of the room (taking the heels with her) and out to the roof, prepping to throw the shoes away in anger (perhaps a metaphor for something more disturbing) before losing the will to and she just breaks, resting her head against the bar and starts to cry. Andre comes up to her, they talk, and Zoe reveals her original dream of acting. “I’m good at it, but then everyone expected a different Zoe and they pressured me and I broke and now I can’t think of acting or anything without getting angry… I don’t like being angry. Not with the people who don’t deserve it, not with Chloe, not with anyone… I just want to be me, but I’m scared that the angry one is me…” Andre sighs. “You know, it might be good for you to… put a little bit of time between your past and now. Choose what you want to put in the Dream Cellar, and once you’ve… adjusted, you can come get it. Or you can leave it. The choice is yours.” Zoe’s akumatization stays the same, the general akuma battle remains the same, except for Thero Dragon Siphoning off Sole Crusher’s powers and stomping a few civilians for big kaiju battle time while taunting Chloe (“You can run, but I know I’m in your nightmares!”), which provides LB/CN enough time to find the akumatized sneakers and break them. The barge scene is a little different: Zoe explains what happened, and while her backstory with the crowds and roaches hasn’t changed too much, she adds, “I had one friend, but even she wasn’t around very much… not enough to help me when I needed it. I don’t blame her, she had a rough childhood, too, but I still pent that up. I’m sorry you had to see my outbursts. I get it if you don’t want to be my friend.” Of course, huggy happiness still ensues, the Bourgeois confrontation still happens, though Chloe’s basis for her demands is “If she stays here, she’ll make me stress out and ruin my perfect me!” and her threat is to crush you like your NY classmates did, while Audrey just rolls her eyes. “Chloe, quit being melodramatic. I understand Zoe’s not been the best sister – which is a discussion we will have later – but she’s not going back to New York now. I’m certainly not going to be responsible for her return fares.” The episode ends with Andre asking Zoe to “Call me Dad. I know your father is… distant, and I don’t know if I can replace him, but-” Zoe hugs him. “Thanks, Dad. Promise me you’ll make the choice to take your past out of the cellar, too.” The episode ends the same, with a much happier Zoe thanking Marinette for everything as a photo album (with dates so we can at least see it was a week or two between this and Queen Banana!) plays across the screen.
- Queen Banana: First change: Chloe’s “half-of-a-sister” bit when she bursts into the art room is now “Giving the lead role to my half-of-a-sister who just came out of nowhere a week ago?!”, and all of the talk of going back to New York is replaced with snappy but ultimately toothless posturing about ruining her life. Zoe, of course, is having none of that and snaps back at her with “The only way you’re ruining this movie is if you pry it from our hands!” The art room scene ends the same way as in the original, but the scene in Bob Roth’s office is changed a little bit: Not as much mention of going back to New York and more mention of Chloe’s pride as she says “You said our hands, which apparently includes the producer’s hands, too. Oh, I love a good loophole!” Zoe is oddly okay with this and confidently whispers to the others “We just need to outlast her, trust me.” Second change: Andrew Hendrol is part of the filming crew – “Live soundtrack design” he calls it, while Chloe calls it useless – and escapes the ‘enchanted sleep’ part of the filming, and is shown to get increasingly more annoyed with Chloe, to the point of risking his secret identity as Thero Dragon by offering to play the fire-breathing dragon suggested by Alya (“Lemme do it, I’ll knock that role out of the park, just let me actually blast her with fire.”). Third change: After Marinette’s rousing soapbox speech, Zoe pats her on the shoulder. “See what I meant about outlasting her?” Fourth change: Not to be outdone, Everett Hendrol, Andrew’s father (who is also present in the theater unlike Gabriel, showcasing the closer relationship Everett has with his son than Gabriel does with his), has also chipped in some pocket change (an amount of several thousand euros in Europe money I guess), so the film is entirely cut off from the city’s funding and Chloe’s interference, and when Chloe runs off, Everett darkly chuckles once as Andrew calls out “Cry me a river, Queen Banana!” (Everett is aware of Chloe’s antics and the Hendrols as a family have no sympathy for those, especially the rich, who act like fools). Fifth change: Again, Chloe’s revenge plan isn’t to get Zoe sent back to NY, she’s going to crush Zoe in a way only she can come up with… which is banana. Sixth change: There’s less of a “my fault” moment from Zoe and that weird “promise” bit is gone, now it’s just Zoe deciding to face down her sister and give her a reality check. “You want to know why we waited until you were gone to shoot the movie? Why we talked Gabriel Agreste into funding it? It’s because no one could stand your bratty behavior! Not because we hate you, not because anyone turned against you, but because you couldn’t swallow your pride and work as part of the team. If this is how you acted as part of Ladybug’s team when you were Queen Bee, it’s no wonder you were kicked off!” Queen Banana gets infuriated, Ladybug saves Zoe, they scooter off into the subway, where Ladybug commends Zoe’s bravery, but definitely winces a little bit regarding Queen Bee. “Chloe, for all her faults, wasn’t terrible as Queen Bee, but she really had attachment issues to the Miraculous, even after I tried… and failed to explain to her that her secret identity was compromised. But I doubt I’ll have that issue with you. Zoe Lee, (insert Miraculous speech here).” Seventh change: Once Queen Banana’s banana gun is glued up and she realizes she’s about to lose and runs, guess what, Thero Dragon drops in front of her, triggering Chloe’s trauma from the Miracle Queen incident. Thero Dragon Siphons off Queen Banana’s banana powers for the fun of it, then activates the power of the Dark T-rex Miraculous, Silver Tongue, which manifests as a purple blast of energy that, if it hits a human target, allows the T-rex holder to manipulate the minds of their target… which Thero Dragon uses to break down all of Chloe’s confidence and restraints, all the while tormenting her with things like “Your mother hates you,” “Your so-called friends despise you,” and “You’re utterly ridiculous.” Ladybug and Cat Noir start driving him back, but he managed to do enough damage as he needed. “I don’t know why you bother defending a traitor,” he says. “She wouldn’t do the same for you.” Queen Banana by now has fallen back, crying, and freeing her from Shadow Moth is an act of mercy, but Chloe still refuses the Magical Charm based on her own (self-nurtured) hatred for Ladybug and Vesperia, both for replacing her and failing to save her from Thero Dragon. Eighth change: Chloe, in her anger, swings at Zoe when she declares her hate, only for Zoe to catch it way too fast and lower Chloe’s fist while she gives her speech, and once Chloe takes the Charm and the akuma is repelled, Andre steps in and reprimands her for trying to hit Zoe, even going so far as to… “Chloe Bourgeois, your behavior is becoming completely unacceptable. You are embarrassing yourself and your family. Give me your phone. You are hereby grounded for a week.” Chloe looks shocked. “WHAT?!?” Andre is stern. “I’ve failed as a father. I should’ve tried to keep your behavior in check when you acted out, and I see I’ve failed terribly. There are so many people we will have to apologize to, especially your classmates for everything you’ve done to them.” The episode ends with Marinette and Tikki wondering if this new approach to Chloe’s behavior will do anything good.
- Gabriel Agreste: First change: Shadow Moth’s monologue is merged with Gabriel’s scene in the mausoleum under the mansion, first with Gabriel with his back to Emilie’s coffin before he turns to face it. Second change: When Nathalie offers Gabriel half of her sandwich, he initially refuses (“You need your strength.”) and she insists, then he crumbles (“You’ll need your strength, too.” “…Alright. Thank you.”). Third change: Andrew Hendrol is not present at the art-room fairy-tale-comparison blah thing, but Zoe’s response to Marinette’s question changes to “My mother has been attempting to treat her kids equally. Unfortunately, that means when Chloe got grounded for a week, I had to miss out on the dinner party. Had I known this was gonna happen, I would’ve put up more of a fight.” Also because of this, Zoe is NOT in Marinette’s room, but she is patched into the whole conversation thanks to Max and Markov. Fourth change: Audrey Bourgeois is throwing glares at Andre (apparently over punishing Chloe) and takes note of the solitary gold-trimmed black mask shaped like a lion’s head. “Don’t tell me he’s coming. You invited Hendrol?” “I had to. Otherwise he’d invite himself and ruin everything unexpectedly. At least now we can expect it.” Continuing the trend, after the Tsurugis arrive at the party, a shiny silver sedan rolls into the front gate, and Everett and Andrew Hendrol step out. Everett is in a pure white suit, in complete contrast to the rest of the party, and the hostility in the air is palpable as the car mogul and his son enter the foyer. “Gabriel.” “Everett. I would… like to welcome you to the party. Though the dress code specified darker clothes for all attendees.” “Really? I didn’t notice that, but even if I had, my black suits are all being cleaned. This is all I had.” “Indeed. Your mask, as requested.” Everett weighs the black lion mask in his hand. “Well, it’s not quite the cut obsidian I had hoped, but given your work, I shouldn’t be surprised.” Gabriel is imperceptibly seething. “I must ask you to stow your device-” “Neither of us will do that, and your little scrambler isn’t going to work on it, either. Your tricks, Gabriel, have been done by men greater than you a thousand times. And I’m the only one still standing.” Of course, when Chloe and Marinette sneak into the ballroom, everyone is giving Everett Hendrol a wide berth as he’s drinking something. Sixth change: The transformation into Shadow Moth from civilian form is still “Nooroo, Duusu, Unify!” I always hated that Dual Metamorphosis nonsense. Seventh change: Andrew Hendrol is fiddling on his phone – the only one that works, but Chloe can’t take it bc he already slapped her hand – when people start to leave Adrien’s room. Eighth change: Gabriel’s threat to Felix is more explicitly “I just need to snap my fingers, and you will be thrown out of here and I will tell everyone the truth about what you did and what you are. Think of your mother, Felix. She’d be devastated to see her only son hauled off for stealing from me… or the Hendrols. Everett is easy enough to provoke, and all I’d have to do is blame whatever I do on you. He’d personally see your life become pure torment.” Ninth change: Thero Dragon pounces on the Collector and Siphons from him, chuckling darkly as he does. “Clever plan, Shadow Moth, clever plan, indeed. But you aren’t fooling anyone.” Tenth change: We get a second epilogue: after Gabriel’s scene, we cut to a scene in the Hendrol mansion. Everett Hendrol is sitting at his desk, watching a chess board on the surface. The white pieces are miniature statues of him and other people, including Andrew, the black pieces are mini statues of Paris’s elite and relations: Gabriel as the king, Emilie queen, Tomoe and Amelie as bishops, Audrey and Andre as knights, Bob Roth and one unknown person as castles, and the pawns are their kids (Adrien/Chloe/Kagami/Felix/XY and three blank ones). The pieces are all at rest like the beginning of a game, but the queen (Emilie) and one castle (as yet unknown) are lying down. Everett just smirks, moves one of the white pieces a space forward, then a black piece. Everett Hendrol declared war.
- Mega Leech: First change: Polymouse or Manimouse for Mylene’s super-name? I want public opinion on this. Second change: Andrew Hendrol is present at the “Stop Project Oxygen” rally and reveals a bit more depth to his character (and potentially a motivation for Thero Dragon): he is very conscientious about the environment, and he becomes increasingly annoyed with the ad and brutally picks it apart. “Two of my best friends’ parents work for the Hendrol Motors Advertising Division and this is exactly what they said a bad ad looks like. Also, Paris’s investors are brainless idiots who barely know how to stand up for themselves, let alone save the planet.” And he snaps at Chloe. “Wasting water? You mean like you do by existing? And don’t get your dad in this, my dad would destroy him.” All in all, he sides with Mylene first. “I’m getting my dad to counter-fund this scheme, he’s already gone to war.” Andrew then leaves right before the Minidiktators show up to transform into Thero Dragon. “After all, they can’t get me if my ears are covered.” Thero Dragon is just brutally attacking Mega Leech by himself… revealing a scary level of contempt for sentimonsters. Third change: The Minidiktator possessing Cat Noir is expelled through his real ear, not the cat one. Fourth change: Ladybug’s suit doesn’t weirdly swap between Lucky Charm suit and normal near the end, it just stays normal. The rest of the episode… ends as normal. Even that scene at the end.
- Guiltrip: I don’t really have too many problems with this episode, nor do I really remember any complaints about (though I’m sure I’ll be corrected in the comments), the most I can really think of is adjusting it to fit my current ideas. So… First change: Juleka speaks clearly and no one’s parroting her words. Second change: While the first half of the episode plays out the same, Andrew Hendrol is noticeably absent, but once the second half starts, he shows up and he’s very unhappy/unpleasant to be around. It’s explained that he had to take a day off for stomach flu (and, little lore bit, he’s always very temperamental after a bout of sickness). As such, he doesn’t have much in the way of patience for the second half’s antics, but unlike Chloe, he’s quietly stewing and not drawing too much attention to himself. This extends to the later fight within Guiltrip (after he leaves the science lab when he realizes the only ones left are him, Chloe, Sabrina and Lila), as his negative emotions as Thero Dragon end up being so bad that Guiltrip gets hurt by them… and he flies off the handle once a bubble pops against him. He cools off eventually, but yeah. Third change: No animation errors. God, this episode was a doozy.
- Crocoduel: First change: Luka acknowledges that Marinette hasn’t been around since Zoe first joined the group instead of not seeing her since their breakup. Gotta love the writers forgetting characters being in places at times ugh. Second change: Fix the animation errors. Third change: About half the partygoers (Mylene/Ivan/Rose/Nino/Alya) know that Jagged Stone is the twins’ father. Fourth change: The sky doesn’t immediately become overcast the moment Jagged and Anarka are akumatized. That was just weird. Fifth change: When Cat Noir complains that he and Ladybug don’t have wings, Thero Dragon flies over them and taunts “But I do!”, he flies up, Siphons from Guitar Villain and Captain Hardrock, then pits them further against each other for giggles. Then he reappears to Siphon off Purple Tigress’s power. Sixth change: The Tiger Miraculous transformation phrase is “Paint my Stripes!” not “Stripes On!”. The episode ends otherwise normally.
- Optigami: First change: As an extra precaution to keep potential suspicion from Ladybug away, Gabriel makes sure Audrey invites Adrien’s entire class plus two extra invitations that go to Luka and Kagami. Second change: The first elevator bit with the entire class is stupid, so it’s getting changed to “Andrew Hendrol (who is in the elevator) rolls his eyes and punches the close button while Marinette tries to avoid Alya”. Third change: Andrew Hendrol slips out just before Audrey gets akumatized and discreetly transforms into Thero Dragon, and he immediately picks up on the smell of Shadow Moth in the building. He starts prowling around the building, waiting for the right moment to strike. This moment comes when Style Queen is about to hit the elevator Marinette/Adrien are trapped in, just before Shadow Moth calls her off. He blindsides her with his clamp weapon, then disarms her (literally) with his sword before Voyaging to the floor below, cackling the whole time. Fifth change: When Ladybug realizes that “Nino” is actually a sentimonster and calls out Shadow Moth, “Nino” starts laughing as his eyes glow gold and his body starts to deform into a monstrous shape. Thero Dragon’s voice starts echoing out of it. “And to think you almost got revealed because of an ally’s actions, Ladybug,” he said. “First the Turtle brought out without your explicit orders, then what? Someone betrays you for the Miracle Box? The only way to protect what you hold dear is this: ally yourself with me, and I can grant you access to powers you could only dream of. Consider my offer, because if the trend continues, you might lose more than just your privacy because of a fake butterfly.” Ladybug runs off to get the Turtle Miraculous Cataclysmed. Sixth change: Marinette is a little shaken by the end of the episode and some of her words are a little more barbed than intended, to which she apologizes and offers a solution to the problem faced that day, giving Alya the Fox Miraculous full-time, but gives her a few rules to follow. “If I find out you broke one, I’m taking the Miraculous back. Understand?” The episode ends pretty much the same. Oh, and that phone in the Miracle Box container? It’s (a little clunkily) mentioned that Marinette created the one during a “random creation attempt” session with Alya.
So, yeah. Now that I've finished working on my main Dragonus storyline and summer's on the way, I might be able to get the second half (plus the halves of Season 5!) out relatively quickly. As I promised, here is the link to the main Dragonus storyline, I'm almost finished posting it all. It's a divergence from Season 3 with some concepts pulled from the NY special and Season 4/5, but all in all it's a pretty good read (I don't exactly redeem
Chloe as much as punch her until she understands that she's been horrible
but she definitely becomes better): https://archiveofourown.org/series/2798386
Give me feedback, please! Your feedback helps me make this better!
submitted by Master_Antelope
to miraculousladybug [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 03:04 Bubzoluck [22 min read] Differences that Divide Us - The role of Racial and Sex based Medicine
| || | submitted by Bubzoluck to SAR_Med_Chem [link] [comments]
Hello and welcome back to SAR! First off, I apologize for the hiatus in blog posts but had some things pop up and now I am clear! Alright off to the good stuff: For most things in life there are few reasons why one person of a particular sex or race would be more well suited to a particular job than another person of a different sex or race. Afterall, the quality of a cup of coffee would be just the same from a Black female barista with 10 years of experience as an Asian male barista with 10 years of experience. But medicine is a bit different; we do see differences because of sex or race that are important to understand, acknowledge, and factor into the diagnosis. Obviously a male isn’t going to have pregnancy on the differential diagnosis and prostate cancer isn’t a factor for female patients. The differences in Pharmacokinetics
of a drug, a disease, or treatment can vary wildly between the sexes or between races. So today I want to look at the differences that we are only now starting to realize and the emerging role of Pharmacogenomics
as the next horizon for medicine. So the big question is: you got something big in your genes or are you just happy to see me? :P Disclaimer
: this post is not designed to be medical advice
. It is merely a look at the chemistry of medications and their general
effect on the body. Each person responds differently to therapy. Please talk to your doctor about starting, stopping, or changing medical treatment.
Because I am a pharmacist I want to center our discussion on the drug choices and attributes influenced by sex and race but in order to do that we have to lay a foundation. The processes that move drugs from a pill into your body are broadly referred to as ADME
but there is a hidden L step that is just as important to talk about as well. The lifecycle of a drug, LADME, are the five major processes that affect a drug inside the body. Let’s look:
- Liberation - When you swallow a tablet, the pill as a whole isn’t magically absorbed through the intestinal wall, it has to break down and liberate the drug from the dosage form. Liberation is the process of how the vehicle (what the drug is administered as) is broken down so the drug is free floating inside the body. This is also where we can see differences in timing such as extended release or immediate release products. It also governs other forms too like tablets you can chew or patches you apply onto the skin.
- Absorption - Now that the drug has left the tablet, it needs to move from the GI tract space into the body proper. The mucous membranes inside the intestine have a HUGE surface area allowing for many substances to be absorbed quickly and efficiently. How well a drug is absorbed plays a major factor in how well the drug’s action is. What if you're administering an oral (PO) antibiotic but the patient has diarrhea and they move the drug too quickly through the intestines? Can we be sure it was all absorbed? This is why we have alternative administration pathways like intramuscularly (IM), subcutaneous (SubQ), intravenous (IV), rectally (PR), vaginally (PV), optically (OU), and more. Each gets the drug inside the bloodstream where it can then get to the place it needs to go.
- Distribution - Speaking of getting where it needs to go, we have distribution. Once the drug is absorbed and dumped into the bloodstream, it needs to go to the place where the receptor, channel, or structure is for it to have action. Some places are easier to get to like highly vascularized (lots of blood vessels) areas like skin, the liver, and kidney while others are a bit harder such as the heart tissue, lungs, and brain.
- “How does the drug know where to go?” It doesn’t! It will go everywhere in the body but that doesn’t mean that it will have action there. One good example is with Carbidopa, a dopamine receptor agonist used for Parkinson’s (oh look a post!). When a person take’s Carbidopa orally, it's absorbed into the blood and starts to distribute throughout the body generally. We want it to go to the brain to alleviate Parkinson's symptoms but it can also activate dopamine receptors in the periphery where it causes dizziness and constipation (I highly recommend reading the post if you want to learn how).
- Metabolism - Eventually the drug has to leave the body and metabolism is the first step in that process. Metabolism has two phases: phase 1 is responsible for deactivating the drug by modifying the structure of the drug in a way where it cannot fit inside the receptor anymore. Phase 2 takes the deactivated drug and makes it very water soluble so that it can leave the body extremely easily. The rate of metabolism is dependent on many different factors and is highly specific to each person which is why we do large pharmacokinetic studies in drugs before they are ready to be on the market. Failure to understand how a drug is metabolized can lead to toxicities from drug accumulation OR give too little a dose because the drug is metabolized so quickly.
https://preview.redd.it/5f8b8yxq9v2b1.png?width=490&format=png&auto=webp&s=64cd2ed43f824a34992bd51a7ed6ff322f4c1f70 5. Elimination
- The last step in the drug lifecycle is elimination or how it physically gets out of the body. The majority of drugs leave via urine of which the kidney is responsible for that process. Having a working kidney is key for correctly dosing a drug because an underworking kidney may not eliminate the metabolized drug fast enough causing it to accumulate. There are other pathways too; fecal excretion (through biliary elimination) is another major route but some drugs can be eliminated via the lungs (such as alcohol, which is why it can be detected in a breathalyzer), through breast milk (which is why understanding drugs in pregnancy is SUPER important), sweat, saliva, and sebum.
Obviously there are major differences in LADME between males and females—after all it's hard to insert a drug vaginally in a male. But now that we have a general idea of what the drug is going to be doing, let’s dive into each section and talk about the sexual and racial differences we see at each step.
Liberation—”Liberty, equality, fraternity, or death; - the last, much the easiest to bestow, O Guillotine!”
When we think of liberation I want you to think of two things: getting the drug out of the formulation (such as the tablet or capsule breaking down in the stomach) and where that breakdown happens. These two factors are hugely important when we think about how the drug will eventually get absorbed—after all if you can’t liberate the drug correctly then there is no chance that it will be absorbed and then be utilized by the body. First let's talk about formulations:
- In your daily life you’ve probably come across different formulations of drugs. Here we are going to look at the most basic of them: Immediate Release (IR), Delayed Release (SR), and Controlled Release (CR) also known as Extended Release (ER). The main differences between these different forms is how quickly the tablet moves from a solid lump sitting in your stomach to dissolved particles. The slower it releases then the slower the drug dissolves into your stomach and the slower it will eventually get absorbed. Initially all drugs were formulated as Immediate Release because we had little understanding of the utility of longer dosing formulations as well as we didn’t have the technology to do it. There are a whole bunch of different types of Extended Release types each with different uses and drawbacks and choosing which is best for your drug is extremely important for deciding what works best. At the end of this section is a diagram that shows all the different kinds of formulations.
- But for now I want us to focus on the graph of drug liberation curves. The graph is divided into three zones with two very important barrier points: the Minimum Effective Level (MEL, aka MEC) and the Minimum Toxic Level (MTL aka MTC). Essentially if the curve of the line, representing the concentration of the drug in the body, is below the Minimum Effective Level then there isn’t enough drug to exert its action and we have Subtherapeutic levels in the body. Over time, the tablet dissolves more and more and the concentration continues to rise more and more and we pass the MEL into the Therapeutic Window where we see the action of the drug. In general we can say the higher you are in the Therapeutic Window, the greater the therapeutic effect there is or in other terms, the higher the dose the bigger the effect. Finally if you go above the Therapeutic Window you pass through the Minimum Toxic Level and enter into drug toxicity levels. Now, toxicity is a bit of a harsh word because this doesn’t mean we are going to see death but rather side effects due to too great of an effect of the drug. For example, say you are taking a drug that lowers blood pressure but due to changes in the tablet liberation the concentration rises above the MTL and your blood pressure drops a little too much and you get dizzy.
- In the first graph we can see how drug design impacts the speed of liberation. Let’s say that we have 100mg of a drug that we are trying to put in the body. Using an Immediate Release formulation would result in a much quicker liberation and thus absorption into the body but we can see that it peaks very quickly and then drops off very quickly. So you may only get a few hours of usefulness out of the drug. Compare this to the Controlled Release system which peaks much slower but also declines much slower too, remaining much more Therapeutic for a longer period of time. We can see this in Adderall used for ADHD—most people will take an Extended Release (ER) formulation in the morning so that they get many hours of sustained therapeutic benefit while they are at school or at work. You can see one method of how the beads inside the Adderall capsule are made—called Pelletization. Essentially an inert core is layered with different chemicals/drugs to build an “Onion” of layers [insert Shrek reference].
- So wouldn’t extended release always be better because we avoid the toxic levels of a drug? Not necessarily. To give an example of one of my patients, this person was a 911 operator who would take their Adderall XR every morning at 8:30am and work from 9am to 6pm every day. For them, their Adderall would start to wear off at 4pm, so they would get 7 hours of benefit. But what abouts the last two hours of the work day? They can’t be distracted in their job else it costs lives and taking another Adderall XR would mean they are wired until 11pm. No good. This is where the utility of IR formulations come in—this person can take an IR dose at 4pm when the Extended Release starts to wear off and boost their levels back into the therapeutic range and get 3 or 4 hours of benefit but have it be gone by the time they go to bed.
- So hopefully you can see the utility of choosing different release systems now, but what about the second point: liberating in the right place in the body. Well some drugs are more effective if they are absorbed later in the digestive tract where it is less acidic versus the stomach. So some drugs may have better absorption if we can release them further towards the intestines than immediately dumping them into the stomach for absorption. This is where the utility of Delayed Release (DR) systems comes in. Drugs that are considered Acid Labile or sensitive to acid else they degrade are preserved better if they can liberate from the tablet in a less acidic environment. A great example of this is Omeprazole (Prilosec) which is used for decreasing the production of stomach acid to treat acid reflux or GERD—problem is that Omeprazole itself is very Acid Labile and if it enters the stomach unprotected then it degrades fairly quickly. This leads to the use of Omeprazole DR formulations where it is coated in substances that resist acid breakdown like Shellac or Sodium Alginate, thus allowing for the Omeprazole to be liberated in the small intestine where it is more likely to be absorbed.
- This is all well and good but how does this relate to sex and race? Well one of the major differences between males and females is that females have a more acidic stomach than males making their stomach environment much more acidic. In addition the Gastric Emptying Time, or how long it takes for substances to move from the stomach into the small intestine for absorption, is significantly longer in females. These two factors mean that females taking a drug that is Acid Labile are more susceptible to degradation in a female than in a male. This means the utility of an Enteric Coated drug which would resist stomach acid would be much more beneficial in a female than in a male. Let’s look at a specific example: the drug Carbidopa is used in Parkison’s to treat the tremors associated with the disease. In younger females, the peak blood concentration for Carbidopa is 22 minutes later than males of the same age. As a female ages and goes through menopause that time to peak becomes more and more similar to males meaning not only are we seeing variability in sex but also in age.
- Another example is looking at the effect of a drug's natural acidity with the relative acidity of that person. Ketorolac (Ketorol) is a non-opioid pain medication used for moderate-severe pain in people where an opiate may not be preferred. The problem with Ketorolac is that it is extremely acidic naturally and it can cause ulceration of the stomach lining if someone has a very acidic stomach environment like a diet filled with acidic food. What we find is that males can have a Ketorolac dose 36% times higher than females because their stomachs are naturally less acidic meaning that they can handle a more acidic drug without the negative side effects like acid reflux or ulceration.
- On a racial standpoint we see similar outcomes. It is reported that individuals of Asian descent have a lower acid output compared to Occidental patients. Part of this can be related to the relative smaller body habitus (weight and height) in the Asian population but there is also a decreased expression of acid-producing tissues in the Asian population than other races. When quantified it appears that Asians have about 60% the acid secretion of Caucasians which is a clinically significant difference when considering drugs that need a more basic environment. For example, Levothyroxine (Synthroid) is taken one hour before breakfast because we want the least acidic environment possible, which happens when the body has no food in it. What we find is that Asian populations need up to 55% smaller doses of Levothyroxine compared to non-Asians. Kinda interesting eh?
Is that a polymorphism in your pocket?
Originally I was going to look at each part of LADME individually but kept running into a problem when trying to separate the drug processes into silos. While Liberation is distinct from the rest of the process, ADME cannot really be separated into its components in a way where I can tell the story efficiently. As such we will focus on the poster drugs that are significantly affected by race and sex and then talk about the larger implications in therapeutic development. Now clearly there are drugs that are used in one sex over another, for instance you aren’t going to find Atosiban
used to delay labor in a male or Sildenafil
(Viagra) for erectile dysfunction in a female. Now that being said they do have other uses but you get the point—so if I talk about a drug please know that I may be talking about a specific indication as well. So with that in mind, let’s jump in!
https://preview.redd.it/t743qrdnav2b1.png?width=415&format=png&auto=webp&s=ab664f0523de9b7ade071ad07840698074dc1715 https://preview.redd.it/hdrinkpxav2b1.png?width=743&format=png&auto=webp&s=cc11930d2c0922801d093b2976afdb2d15df2d78 BiDil finds a home among Black patients
—Hypertension, or high blood pressure, is one of the most common conditions across all races and sexes and is usually referred to as the “Silent Killer” because, well, it doesn’t hurt. Unlike liver failure or an infection, you won’t really see any symptoms of high blood pressure but after a decade of not treating it people do develop critical end organ damage: heart failure, kidney damage, liver damage, etc. Imagine that your veins are like a garden hose; if you put your thumb over the end of the hose the velocity of the water coming out of the hose increases meaning that there is more force. So if you have higher blood pressure, you have higher force hitting your organs. So the medical community has developed countless ways of lowering blood pressure to help save our organs and we can group those medications into a couple categories.
- For the majority of the population we follow a pretty tried and tested protocol of drugs: first up we would use Diuretics which physically decrease the amount of fluid that is in the blood vessel. In the hose analogy this is like if you had a leak halfway up the hose lowering the amount of water exiting the hose at the end. Now there are dozens of diuretics but most people are familiar with Furosemide (Lasix) and how it makes people urinate more (y’know, to get rid of the fluid). If someone needs another agent we turn to drugs like the Angiotensin Converting Enzyme inhibitors (ACEi) or Angiotensin Receptor Blockers (ARBs). The ACEs (like Lisinopril, Enalapril, or Benazepril) and ARBs (Valsartan, Olmesartan, etc.) work by inhibiting the ability for a protein, Angiotensin, from connecting with the blood vessel wall. Angiotensin’s main job is to make the blood vessel smaller which would increase blood pressure—these drugs inhibit the action of Angiotensin thus preventing it from raising blood pressure. And our final category are drugs acting on the heart: Calcium Channel Blockers or Beta Blockers. While generally more helpful in situations like heart failure than hypertension, these drugs slow down the heart’s ability to pump blood which then lowers the force that the blood is acting on the blood vessels and organs. In a way it's like turning the faucet on the garden hose letting out less water into the hose.
- So to summarize, the majority of people will benefit most from a Diuretic (which lowers the amount of fluid in the blood vessel), an ACEi or ARB (which prevents the blood vessels from getting smaller), and/or a CCB or BB (which lower the output of the heart).
https://preview.redd.it/iqua3w32bv2b1.png?width=343&format=png&auto=webp&s=8aeed509a15f83057db180b80eaf8b70b983a16d Hydralazine vs Isosorbide Mononitrate
- Enter the Venous Dilators which work by directly expanding the blood vessel size. These drugs are normally used in situations where the blood vessel is obstructed, such as during a heart attack or stroke, due to a clot. Administering a Venous Dilator would expand the blood vessel allowing the blood to wiggle around the clot and relieve the symptoms of the heart attack or stroke. Two of these drugs are Hydralazine and Isosorbide Dinitrate which are used by all sexes and races to prevent the progression of a heart attack and stroke which have very good success. Both of these drugs are fairly old: Isosorbide Dinitrate was discovered in 1949 while Hydralazine was discovered in 1949 and showed fairly good efficacy for decades.
- Enter two doctors, Jay Cohn and Peter Carson, who wanted to market a new combination drug Hydralazine/Isosorbide Dinitrate (BiDil) in 1989 for congestive heart failure. The FDA said sure, go do a trial and so the duo set out to prove that BiDil was a good option for the general population. They tested their combination in a trial called Vasodilator-Heart Failure Trial (V-HeFT) against the gold standard Enalapril (ACEi) and found that BiDil was…bad. Like really bad, in fact they had to stop the trial early because it would have been unethical to keep people on the BiDil rather than on the known treatment. So V-HeFT didn’t show that BiDil was a good option for the general population except among one subpopulation: Black patients. When you look at the use of Enalapril (and other ACEi) in Black patients we find that the efficacy is quite low. As it turns out, people of African descent have a lower response to drugs like ACEi and ARBs compared to non-Africans meaning that they are worse options for a Black person. So a patient that wasn’t responding well to a Diuretic and needed a second agent would get little help from an ACE/ARB drug. And at this point in time there were no CCB or BB!
- So Cohn and Carson’s drug application for BiDil was rejected in 1997 because the statistical analysis in their multi-racial study was quite bad. On the recommendation of one of the FDA’s advisory committees they stratified the data on racial lines and discovered a significant difference in response among Africans vs non-Africans. They started a new trial and enrolled 1050 African men and women showing a 43% decrease in mortality and a 39% reduction in hospitalization against placebo. They reapplied for BiDil and in 2005 the FDA approved the first ever race-based drug. To this day if you go to BiDil’s prescribing page in a drug database it will include a specific race designation because it’s only approved for a specific race. Importantly too national organizations like the American College of Cardiology and American Heart Association endorse this race based recommendation for Black patients.
- Now this is great that we have a recommendation for a group of people that is superior to the normal regiment but there are a few complicating factors to consider. Firstly the term ‘Black patient’ isn’t really scientific—how Black does a patient need to be in order to qualify for BiDil? What kind of Black as well: African, Latin American, Caribbean, etc? Likewise this means it has to be self-reportable but what about a light-skinned Black person that was adopted and didn’t know they had Black genes? It's all very…unscientific. Recently there has been push back against this explicit race-based recommendation since other effective drugs do exist (like the CCB and BB which were discovered in 2006, one year after BiDil). There was a new study in 2022 from UCSF that talked about the role of prescribing based on race but personally I think there are too many confounders (influencing factors) like socioeconomic status to accurately say BiDil should be done away with. BiDil was shown to be effective in the Black population but how it gets applied is another story.
https://preview.redd.it/qs817v27bv2b1.png?width=570&format=png&auto=webp&s=bfb725e4bac64a0b564ac3ac9de7151b68ce3c1b https://preview.redd.it/w71a739dbv2b1.png?width=500&format=png&auto=webp&s=5fb3dd3701992dc410e32638283928e29df14859 Liver Enzyme Distribution affects Metabolism
—Once a drug is in the body it needs to be deactivated and removed eventually. This process of deactivating a drug happens during Metabolism which primarily happens in the liver via the Cytochrome P450 Enzymes
. These CYP enzymes are like little factories that take up a drug and make slight modifications that remove its ability to affect the body. Each CYP enzyme is best suited for certain drugs while some enzymes, like CYP3A4 and CYP2D6, are able to handle a higher percentage of drugs. You can see in the pie chart above that some enzymes are more important in metabolism than others.
- That being said, the distribution of the CYP enzymes is not constant from one person to another. For example, in females they have a higher distribution of CYP3A4 than males which can be thought of them having more deactivation factories than males. This means if we were to give the same dose to a female and a male the female would metabolize the drug much faster and thus have a decreased effect. This is incredibly important because CYP3A4 accounts for 30% of all drugs including birth control, many psychiatric drugs, and chemotherapeutics meaning that females would need higher doses than males, in theory. The opposite is true for CYP2E1 which is higher in males than females and is a metabolizer of ethanol (minor) and caffeine (major) which means that higher doses of both would be needed to have the same effect male vs female. Neat eh? Like there are sex differences for CYP enzymes we are starting to discover racial differences in CYP enzymes: we have identified Polymorphisms or small genetic variability among the genes that encode the CYP enzymes. Truthfully this isn’t surprising, we know there is genetic variability in genes that affect hair or eye color, so it's not too surprising that the CYP enzymes are equally affected. What is interesting is that the racial differences in CYP enzymes can lead to wildly different enzyme activity levels that lead to clinically significant differences in drug response. Or in simpler terms, some races respond better to some drugs because they have different liver enzymes!
- Let’s take a look at one drug, Amitriptyline (Elavil) used for depression and anxiety, and how Polymorphisms result in changes in response. Quickly let's take a look at the metabolism: we can see that Amitriptyline is metabolized by two enzymes, CYP2D6 and CYP2C19. If it is metabolized by 2D6 first then it converts into an inactive metabolite that is eventually removed from the body. However if it first goes through 2C19 then it is converted to an active metabolite, Nortriptyline which would extend the action of the drug than if it went through 2D6. But if it does go through 2C19 then it will be handled by 2D6 into an inactive metabolite (bottom right), so either way we need 2D6 to get rid of the drug.
- So let’s look at what happens when we mess with the metabolism of Amitriptyline through 2D6. Well if someone is a 2D6 poor metabolizer then they would be unable to clear the drug quickly and so it would hang around in the body longer—so more anti-depression activity (and side effects). We find that up to 10% of Caucasians are poor 2D6 metabolizers meaning that they would have a better response to Amitriptyline than those who are normal metabolizers. Likewise we find that up to 51% of Asians are intermediate metabolizers which has led to an overall increased response of 74%! The flip side to this are the Ultrarapid metabolizers who would clear the drug extremely quickly through 2D6 thus leading to a decreased response to Amitriptyline. Up to 29% of Subsaharan Africans are found to be Ultrarapid metabolizers meaning that Amitriptyline (and other drugs going through 2D6) is the wrong option for them.
- Looking at 2C19 we see a much different distribution among the races. Remember that 2C19 converts the drug into an active metabolite which would extend the activity of the drug—if you don’t go through 2C19 then you’d have a decreased response. So patients who are Oceanian have a whopping 89% chance to be an intermediate or worse metabolizer and so a much MUCH higher chance of decreased response to Amitriptyline. Compare this to Caucasian patients who have a 32% chance to have increased activity on 2C19 meaning a potential increased response to Amitriptyline.
- Now is it really as simple as this? No, I am glossing over some of the finer details but I wanted to show how racial differences are a major factor in how drugs affect the body. Imagine if you had a population that had an 89% chance to have a decreased effect on birth control? Or what if you were a carrier of the HLA-B*5701 gene which means you are horribly allergic to the anti-HIV medication Abacavir (like up to 20% of Indians)? This is where the next generation of medicine comes from and the Clinical Pharmacogenetics Implementation Consortium is aiming to have their CPIC genomic guidelines become standard practice. In fact I am seeing more and more patients getting their liver enzymes done so we can see what kind of response they would have, especially if they have failed multiple drugs for a condition. Take a look at the guidelines page and see how many drugs are incorporated into the recommendations.
Regardless, pharmacogenetics has major impacts on how we treat patients every day but also may be a factor in some of the clinical disasters that we see. Afterall, 53% of Africans have decreased metabolism through CYP3A4 which is the major metabolizer of Fentanyl
which may be a contributing factor why Blacks face higher overdose rates. If you haven’t, consider getting a pharmacogenomic test (many insurances will pay for it now) and unlock some secrets of your own body! Cheers!
2023.05.30 02:54 Special-Vitamins Baby Shower Drama
I want to start by saying overall I like my MIL, I know she means well. However she occasionally does things that frustrate me. This is just a rant of those minor things that are currently happening.
My MIL asked to have a separate baby shower from the one my Mom is throwing for me, also asking if it is ok if the men can come (FIL, BILs, and my husband). My assumption behind this request is that since she doesn't drive and her husband drives her everywhere, she wanted him there to make it easier. I have no problem with this as my other baby shower was already pushing 20+ people.
The parts that frustrated me -
She asked what kind of cake I wanted and I said chocolate. She responded by asking if [insert the kind she wants here] would be ok instead. She has a medical condition and has to stay on a strict diet, which is fine and I want to be accommodating when I can, but then why ask what I wanted? I said yes a I didn't want to be to picky.
She asked what I wanted for food and I picked something from a local place that can deliver and it is one of my fav foods. She later texted DH saying she instead was going to bring something else and asked how big our grill was. DH responded with "Lets stick with the original food plan of what OP wanted for her baby shower". The food she wanted to bring is something she can eat, but I do not like. She has been told before that I do not like it by both me and DH.
She has been texting DH about what she wants to buy for our LO, but it is not stuff from the registry. She has already gotten us 2 of our big ticket items from the registry, and I'm very grateful and happy about those, but the stuff she has been texting him are items we just don't need, already have, or in designs I don't like. DH mentioned it to me (even though they were going to be surprise gifts) so I asked him to shut that down. I'm glad she is excited and willing to help us out, but she is picking things and designs she wants vs what we want. I know people don't have to buy from the registry, but buying big items I'll never use means more work for me on finding places to store them or donate them.
Rant over, thank you for reading. And a shoutout to my DH who always talks with me before saying yes or no to MIL to make sure I'm on board with it.
submitted by Special-Vitamins
to Mildlynomil [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 02:54 MSpeedAddict [WTS] Vortex Razor Gen 3 1x10 Scalarworks LEAP Wager Machine Vortex Defender Caps
Vortex Gen III Razor
- Vortex Gen III Razor 1-10 LPVO FFP EBR-9 BDC MOA Reticle (virtually new)
- Vortex Defender Flip Caps
- Wager Machine Works Battery Cap for Razor LPVO
- Vortex SwitchView SV-5 Throw Lever
- Original Packaging for all serialized items included
$1900 $1800 shipped
- Scalarworks LEAP/09 34mm 1.93 (virtually new)
$420 $390 shipped
- Razor + Defenders + Wager Cap + LEAP/09
Take all of it for Please see my other posts for available items:
$2250 $2100 shipped
All prices are PayPal F&F. Dibs beats PM, send PM within 15 minutes or goes to 2nd dibs.
Absolutely no notes of any kind with payment.
I also have Zelle and Venmo available at your discretion.
Please add 3.1% for G&S or use the fee calculator for specific payment.
When making a payment please put "dibs on XYZ" if you have not already.
If you have put dibs, please send a PM for payment information soon thereafter.
If you have low flair and have previously claimed an item that I am now reposting due to lack of payment, your messages will be ignored and dibs declined.
- Dead Air Nomad e-Brake
- Esstac 2011 Kywi Inserts (2+)
- IWC 45 Offset QD Picatinny Mount
- Liberty Precision Machine Atlas / Plan B Thread Protector(s)
- Forward Control Designs Atlas / Plan B Thread Protector(s)
- Liberty's Defense Suppressor Cover(s)
submitted by MSpeedAddict
to GunAccessoriesForSale [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 02:52 Appropriate_Dot_2700 Shipping PC
Hello, I will be shipping my pc across the country and have the O11 AIR MINI. I do not have the original packaging for the PC and do not know what foam inserts and box to get that will safely and comfortably fit this case. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. I also do not know what Instapak Quick RT size to get to put inside my pc.
submitted by Appropriate_Dot_2700
to buildapc [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 02:02 SirRichardWhimsy Price Drop! Holt Morpheus and Clyde Challenor Customs Viper
Please be 21 to purchase and know your local knife laws. Price includes shipping (US only, please). I reserve the right to sell to whomever I choose, but generally the first "yolo" here followed by a chat gets the knife. PayPal F&F please, no comments. By buying, you are certifying that this is legal for you to own.
Timestamp / Photos: https://imgur.com/a/nHL9cht
Two really great knives up tonight. No trades please, gotta recoup some funds on recent purchases.
Holt Morpheus: I love the Morpheus, I've just decided that I like the liner lock version better than the frame locks. This was sold to me in LNIB condition, and I haven't carried or cut with it either. Factory edge, solid lockup, sweet action. I do like that the adjustable detent is accessible in these frame lock versions without having to disassemble the knife, but I just happen to like the liner lock guys more (and I picked one up today, so have to recoup some funds!). Beautiful milling, vibrant ano. Great knife all around. Comes with pouch, Selinko, detent tool, and some stickers. I've installed Skiff bearings on this, original bearings included. Asking $700 .
SOLD Clyde Challenor Customs Viper
: New in pouch. I'm the original owner of this guy -- received just today from Clyde. This is an awesome knife that's just begging to be used. Kind of like a front flipping large Sebenza insingo. It's actually my second Viper, but my tastes have changed a bit since ordering, so I can't really justify keeping it around. 3.5in front flipper with authoritative action, reverse tanto blade profile, hollow ground, lock insert with carbidized lock face, nicely done jimping, flush pivot with large hardware... these are so nice. Comes with CCC pouch and COA. It was a 13 month wait to get this from Clyde, but you don't have to wait that long. Asking $700
submitted by SirRichardWhimsy
to Knife_Swap [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 01:24 Surgeooo I’m having a lot of problems with everything on my modded oled and was hoping I could get some help. I’ll leave a list of issues in the description, please help!!
| || |
Issue #1: Every game I physically own, I put the cartridge in while booted thru fusee, and it says "Some necessary data could not be found. It will be downloaded now." Obviously not downloading because it sounds risky. submitted by Surgeooo to SwitchPirates [link] [comments]
Issue #2: All games that haven't been downloaded with Tinfoil say "This software is not currently on the console. Please redowload the software to continue. If the software was originally downloaded to a microSD card, please cancel, turn off the console, and insert that microSD card." Even tinfoil itself says this. This is happening with games I bought digitally on my StockOS, but for some reason, they started popping up on my fusee emuNand even thought I don't even have them downloaded on my stockOS anymore 😭
Issue #3: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, is being a wonky special case and it's pissing me off. It's giving the same "This software is not currently on the console. Please redowload the software to continue. If the software was originally downloaded to a microSD card, please cancel, turn off the console, and insert that microSD card." which is most likely because I first downloaded it with the XCI torrent before the game officially released, but, after the game released, I bought the physical cartridge, and when I put that in, I no longer get the previous error, but instead get the error "Some necessary data could not be found. It will be downloaded now." Which I obviously don't hit download, and instead hit Start Software because I wanna see if it still lets me play, and then it gives me "A software update is required. Update data will be downloaded now." So I don't know WHAT to do for TotK 😭😭😭
Issue #4: My switch is trying to install updates for games that I installed with tinfoil (Currently it's trying to update NSO N64). First off, I have autoupdates off, WTF, second off, WHY IS IT CONNECTING TO NINTENDO SERVERS?!?! I HAVE EXOSPHERE AND 90DNS installed!! When I got on 90DNS checker, I got all servers unblocked or unresolved though 😬, so I don't know WTF is going on.
Issue #5: I'm currently on vacation with my family literally on the other side of the globe from my computer, so I can't even update these problems from my computer. Is there any other way to update/fix my shit? If not, please still LMK how to fix it on my computer, I'm clueless 😭 I love my modded OLED but HOLY GUACAMOLE is this a pain in my ass. Thank you for any and all help, I'm sure I'll find even more issue or come up with new ones along the way.
2023.05.30 01:21 lolzach69 WTS synapse mini cf for $210
Timestamp and video
Yolo in comments > DM. Will ship tomorrow. PPFF or Venmo only.
Third owner. Original owner put a rhinestone over the lockbar insert screw (it did look kinda cool tbh). I got it off but scratched that part a little bit. See video. Average snails on clip. Couple small snails on bolsters. Light carry and use. Mostly fidget.
This thing has unreal action. Best small knife action ever. Feels way better than the full size imo. And carries so well in the pocket. Reverse flick second only to Rosie in my opinion.
SV 210 LETS GET THIS SOLD IM TRYING TO BUY A PICKLEBALL PADDLE
sold for 197
submitted by lolzach69
to Knife_Swap [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 01:17 ineedabettertitle I'm a homicide detective. Apparently things can get a whole lot worse.
When you're in the business as long as I've been, you're bound to see some messed up shit. Trust me, I've seen it all.
An unfaithful husband angering his wife to the point where she commits a murder-suicide?
A young woman pushed into the path of an incoming train by an obsessive stalker?
My sister bleeding to death after being pierced by thousands of toothpicks, which caused the killer to so aptly call her the 'human hedgehog
As you can probably tell, it's that last case that I'm dealing with currently, trying to figure out how the hell the killer managed to get away with it. I mean, if you think about it, nothing adds up. For starters, the toothpicks had to have been inserted at a secondary location, prior to her being transported and left for dead at the park where she was found.
All without any witnesses.
And then comes the question of the toothpicks themselves. The paramedics at the scene found it impossible to move her, as it would drive the toothpicks further into her skin, increasing the blood loss.
Well, I actually did have an answer for that question, but it was something I didn't want to think about. The toothpicks were probably inserted one at a time. Over a period of several months, possibly years. Let the wound heal, and then move onto the next toothpick.
Which brings me to my final dilemma. Why? What did the killer gain spending months of their time piercing the skin of my sister? Why was it my sister in the first place? I don't know of any reason it would be an act of revenge, so it may have been a murder of opportunity. Just pure chance it was my sister.
Which made it hurt even more.
It was definitely a shock discovering she was still alive after all these years, and seeing how she was treated only added salt to the wound. I was grieving, yes, but the killer mentioned that my sister would only be the beginning, and so solving this case would be my utmost priority. I couldn't let this happen again. True grief could come later.
And so I sat in my office, sliding her my sister's watch over my wrist, and milling over these facts, with the first step to discovering the killer currently in my hands. A day after the killings occurred, a birthday card containing an address was mailed directly to me. Forensic work indicated that the handwriting on it perfectly matched the note left at the crime scene.
While getting a hand written birthday card was interesting in itself, it still raised a lot more questions. How did the killer know I took up the case? Where they at the crime scene that night? Maybe they knew it was my sister that they had killed, and were now targeting me.
As usual, nothing made sense.
But still, an address was an address. And in my line of work, you take notes like that very seriously. I thumbed over the birthday card again, looking at the cartoon giraffe telling me to have a 'tall'some day. Yeah, birthday card puns are strange. I analyzed the address inside again, looking at the word 12 Baker St
, as if they may have some hidden meaning that I hadn't discerned yet.
Nothing came to me. It looked like the address was just that, an address. And so I coordinated with my supervisor to lead a team that evening down at Baker St, to see if we could anything down there. I was secretly hoping that we wouldn't, and that this was just a wild goose chase. As I was terrified of what I would find down there, if that was not the case.
Later that evening, I showed up at 12 Baker Street with three of the finest men I knew. Thompson, a mountain of a man, who I knew firsthand could keep a level-head in any situation. Ramirez, not physically impressive as Thompson, but he had the brains to make up for it, his quick wit was known to save many a cop from danger. And Eddison, an analyst both in the field and out, he somehow finds a way to keep one eye on every detail.
I picked the best of the best to deal with the worst of the worst.
Baker Street itself was a row of warehouse buildings in the industrial district, on the outskirts of town. All the warehouses were exactly the same, large, rectangular and made up of red brick and mortar. Almost half of the warehouse's were still in production, manufacturing different materials to be shipped across the globe, while the other half looked abandoned.
12 Baker Street was one of them.
It had the signature 'there's nothing worth looking at here' look. Smashed windows, rubbish piled around the outside, bricks crumbling in a few odd spots, and doors set slightly of their hinges.
But this was the place. I set my jaw and motioned to the others while slowly making my way through the already open front door. It took a while for my eyes to adjust to the dark interior, as I was opposed to using a torch in that moment. I could hear the unmistakable sound of water dripping from the ceiling into a hollow object nearby. The air seemed thick and musty, smelling largely of wet cardboard, and something more metallic.
Blood. A tangy smell that quickly invades the nostrils, while leaving no room for other smells.
I pushed on, my crew keeping pace behind me. Eddison looked at me with a raised eyebrow, and I nodded to him in return. 'This is the place.' I had silently told him. 'Be ready for anything.'
We passed through another set of doors and came into a room dimly lit by an overhead light. And in the middle of the room, basking in the light, there was a person.
And I say person very lightly.
The average person has a neck 13-15 inches long, measuring from shoulder to chin. The person before me had a neck over ten times that length. They were on their hands and feet, their neck sprouting from their shoulders like a vine, and curling downwards. Their neck continued across the floor for about five more feet, before ending with a neck attached to it.
The person saw us, and began to slowly shuffle towards us, slowly dragging their head and massive neck along with them. They moaned mournfully as they moved, and I could see trails of blood slowly pouring from what seemed to be stitches every couple of inches along their neck.
As they moved forward, their blood fell to the ground, spilling in all directions and leaving a bright red trail wherever they went. The person groaned again, and looked up at us, obviously in tremendous pain.
"What the hell is that?" Ramirez said loudly, from behind me.
I kept my gaze focused towards the person, towards him
as closer inspection revealed. "I don't know. Another animal themed abomination, by the looks of it."
I stood my ground and watched, unsure of what to do, as he heaved his neck and the rest of his body towards us. They made eye contact with me and moved their mouth as if to speak, but all that came out were more ghastly groans. I understood what he was trying to say anyways, his mouth shaped like a circle, and opening and closing, enunciating a one syllable word. Help.
I stepped back, out of fear more than anything else. I knew that this . . . thing couldn't necessarily do anything to harm me, but in the back of my mind alarm bells were going off. This is unnatural. People shouldn't look like that. You need to leave. Now.
I could sense my team behind me tensing up and shuffling backwards, probably going through the same thought process as I was. Fear is the primary motivator in a person, after all.
The person continued to crawl forward, further extending the trail of blood behind him, his movements more slow and haggard. His life essence seemed to be dripping away from him, and it was obvious I was watching the final moments of someone tortured to the point of death, once again.
A voice began to speak. It emanated from above us, broken and distorted, probably coming from some sort of P.A system. It was calm and somewhat cheerful in the way it spoke, as if everything going on was just a normal occurrence. Welcome, all visitors, to the newest attraction to the human zoo. A lovely giraffe, created by slowly tearing apart pieces of his neck, and replacing it with larger, more appropriate pieces of human flesh.
I winced. That did not sound pretty. A slow process, yes. But look at the end result! Isn't he beautiful? Undoubtedly, much better than his original form, wouldn't you agree, Jonathan?
I looked up, almost instinctively. That was my name. Anyways, I just wanted to say a big thank you for volunteering a rather fine subject to add to my collection. I just know you'll enjoy the wonderful things I have in store for you!
The voice stopped speaking, and I became aware of two things at once.
A sharp, loud noise of metal striking metal, that was over just as it began, came from the far right hand side, on the other side of the room. A gunshot.
And to my left, Thompson's leg seemed to jerk backwards, causing him to keel over and fall on top of himself, blood spurting from an area just above his knee. A bullet wound.
I did the one thing anyone faced with an unseen gunman in a room would do. Duck and dive for cover. Fear is a primary motivator, after all. And I was scared shitless. I found myself behind a stack of boxes, which to my best guess, was blocking the gunner's line of view. I stood still, chest heaving from adrenaline and fear, and assessed the situation.
Thompson was lying on the ground, unmoving. He must of hit his head on the way down. Eddison was directly to my right, having chosen the same pile of boxes to hide behind as me. Ramirez was unaccounted for, and we had a gunman on the loose. It wasn't looking good.
And then the overhead light turned off.
Nothing makes your heart beat faster than the panic of suddenly being thrust into darkness. I heard the patter of footsteps ahead of me, close to where Thompson lay. It could have been Ramirez, looking to help him. Or the gunner, looking to finish the job. I hoped it was Ramirez.
I heard more footsteps. Heavier. Louder. More than one person. I contemplated making a dash for Thompson, grabbing him and getting the hell out of there. But he was too heavy for that. I turned to Eddison, to see if he had any idea what to do, when the light turned back on. I looked at my surroundings.
The giraffe-man was on the floor, unmoving. Dead, or close to it.
Ramirez was slumped over a box on the far side of the room. Dead, or close to it.
Thompson was gone.
The gunner was gone.
Eddison helped me carry Ramirez back to our vehicle. He had bruises all over his body, from what looked to be a fistfight, but he was still breathing for the most part. I couldn't say the same for the giraffe-man, however.
We had the rest of the warehouse sweeped, but nothing came up at all. It had apparently been cleaned of all evidence beforehand, in preparation of our arrival. Or never even used at all.
It was hard to fathom it all. I had lost Thompson, and come back with a man with a 25 foot long neck instead. Thompson was out there, looking like God knows what. Ramirez was in hospital, badly beaten. Eddison was shaken up, understandably. I was scared. Everyone
But it was the words spoken out of that P.A system that bothered me the most. The way that they said the giraffe-man's neck was made up of much larger pieces of human flesh. As if they had more humans with them. And judging by the size of the neck, a lot more than one.
There were people still out there, besides Thompson.
A lot more people. x
submitted by ineedabettertitle
to nosleep [link] [comments]