Williams sonoma careers work from home
2021.02.15 20:23 AHT69jv WorkAtHomeTutorials
This is a community that shares work at home / remote / work from home / virtual jobs / careers.
2015.02.21 07:28 antiSeptics HOME FURNISHINGS, HOME DECOR, OUTDOOR FURNITURE & MODERN FURNITURE
POTTERY BARN'S EXPERTLY CRAFTED COLLECTIONS OFFER A WIDE-RANGE OF STYLISH INDOOR AND OUTDOOR FURNITURE ACCESSORIES DECOR AND MORE FOR EVERY ROOM IN YOUR HOME
2015.03.31 06:04 remotejs Remote PHP Jobs
Remote php jobs.
2023.05.30 23:28 heartsicksulfur vent
i. know its not great to do this here. i already feel bad posting here without a diagnosis. im trying to get there. but i want to feel heard and not have everyone try to offer solutions for my problems, i can figure it out, i just want someone to hear that im hurting and tell me it's okay to hurt
i cant stand this job that im working. im hiding in the bathroom and crying because it's so stressful. 10 hour shifts, being watched all the time, scheduled breaks & barely any time to eat. i have two days left of this job before i can be free for a few weeks before i (hopefully) work at the place i felt most comfortable before. i dont know how i can make it through two more days. ive been telling myself this for weeks and it only gets harder. i want it to be over so bad i wish i didnt feel like im doing this all, being in this subreddit and journalling. all for attention. i dont want people to see my journal. i dont want everyone to know im sick in the head. i want someone to know im hurting. i want to feel stable & not have my life fall apart because i cant make a decision to save my life i see so many things about dissociative disorders that resonate with me more than anything else. i see posts of people's worst moments and i relate. but sometimes i see them and i get scared. im not like that. i dont want to lose myself. my very very few blackouts have been short & come from the most distressing moments of my life. why do i ask for more blackouts? why do i want to avoid blackouts like the plague? why cant i remember this weekend, but i can remember things i never realized id done in my childhood. why? why? why? why?
i want to go home
submitted by heartsicksulfur
to DID [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:27 ni_Xi Stoicism and emotions
I’m currently exploring stoicism as I feel like I could use a life philosophy to guide me throughout the life. To begin with, I started reading the book How to live a good life by William Irvine and I like and agree with most of the parts, but this one specific part dealing with current modern psychology approach surprised me.
So basically according to the author, we dont need to share our negative emotions with others as we are able to deal with them on our own even though we’re being told something different by modern psychologists. I dont agree - as for the emotions linked to anxiety, depression and sadness (over loss in family, not over bad grade at school!), sharing it with people you trust brings such a huge relief for the soul. My dad never shared his emotions with anyone and acted as a “stoic”. Well, he committed a suicide after all. In my opinion, due to the fact that he was alone for his burden and never asked for psychological help (professional or from his closest people). I didnt like the undermining of talk therapy from the author either.
Another part I dont agree with is the mention about delayed sadness. You need to process emotions properly (and once again Im talking about very powerful emotions) in order to let go, because it may eventually come back. After the death of my father, I neglected the emotions as I had to take care of mom and I was pissed at him. Now, 1,5 years later it all came back in even more powerful form and I’m dealing with “stating an opinion” on the event after all this time.
I’ve been thinking that emotional openness works very well for most of the people (because of my own experience and interest in this topic) and now the philosophy that seems so attractive to me in all the other aspects says quite the opposite. This whole part in the book seemed kind of toxic to me tbh
Could anyone clarify the concept for me or add their own comment on this matter please? I was reading the part before going to sleep very tired, maybe I was just easily triggered as It’s a very personal and up-to-date topic for me or I just didnt think it over properly and it’s more complicated.
submitted by ni_Xi
to Stoicism [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:27 Ok_Statistician148 How did you know what speciality was right for you?
I’m a current nursing student working as a tech with the float pool at my hospital. We are a level one trauma and associated with children’s hospital in the area. I thought PEDS would be my home, quickly realized it was not. I have worked majority of the floors from psych, med surg, ICU, step down, and ER. I certainly have my favorite units due to the nurses, but I haven’t found a unit that in like “yep that’s the unit I want to be at”. I enjoy the ER due to the the fast pace and the adrenaline rush, never knowing what kind of patient you may get, but then I get to the ICU and I see myself being an ICU nurse. I appreciate the organization in the ICU and providing detailed care. I haven’t reached my clinical rotation for L&D. But many people say it’s the perfect mix of ICU and ER, so I thought I may enjoy that. But I can’t find my niche. I don’t care for neuro or cardiac ICU. Trauma and respiratory is alright. Burn is pretty cool. But I don’t know what would be right for me. How did you know what speciality was right for you?
submitted by Ok_Statistician148
to nursing [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:27 Wannabe_hiker_ Freedom of information request on 999 call/outcome of police visit
Not sure if this is exactly the right place to ask but I was wondering if you could get a freedom of information request from a 999 call relating to a family member?
The background to this is I am the eldest child and currently live/work away from home. My sibling, the youngest child lives at home still.
My sibling came back to the house last night to be met by a police car. She was obviously upset and is staying elsewhere at the moment. My parents have a history of arguing which usually ends up with my mother threatening to phone the police which has never actually happened.
I’ve spoken to my parents today and they are pretending that nothing has happened. It’s hard for me to understand what has happened without my parents telling me or worrying my youngest sibling.
On this basis, is there a way for me to do anything to find the outcome of the police visit? Might be best for me not to know and try to speak to my parents directly but they don’t want to seem to address it.
Any advice? (In wales)
submitted by Wannabe_hiker_
to LegalAdviceUK [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:27 DrNewblood Best Deck for Abzan Hulk/Samwise Pile
I picked the Optimization flair because it seemed most relevant, but I don't actually have a deck list constructed yet. Spoilers in case anyone wants to avoid the new Samwise card that got spoiled today.
With Samwise Gamgee getting spoiled today, what I believe to be the most optimal [[Protean Hulk]] pile (at least in Abzan) is now feasible. The pile will be:
- Samwise Gamgee
- [[Cauldron Familiar]]
- [[Viscera Seer]]
- [[Grand Abolisher]]
The 3-card combo between Sam, Familiar, and Seer works like this:
- All 4 creatures ETB after Hulk dies.
- Sam triggers off of the other 3, creating 3 Food tokens
- Sacrifice Familiar to Seer and Scry 1
- Sacrifice one of your 3 Food tokens to reanimate Familiar, draining the table of 1 life.
- Repeat 3 and 4 until the table is dead.
Previously, using Familiar in the pile required me to be in at least Sultai for [[Lonis, Cryptozoologist]] and forced the use of [[Academy Manufactor]] to make Food from the Investigate triggers, plus adding white for Grand Abolisher if I wanted to protect the win. That line still works, but it also requires the use of [[Activated Sleeper]] and is just too many combo-dependent and/or dead cards for me.
So, back to my original point, I believe the aforementioned Abzan line works and is perhaps the most efficient Hulk line that allows you to grab Grand Abolisher along with it, since the combo pieces are onl 4 MV in total. Essentially, if Hulk dies and no one can counter the ability, it's game over not counting [[Otawara, Soaring City]] and similar channel-like effects. It also cuts down on dead cards like Academy Manufactor, Lonis (no hate, I love Lonis but the combo is bulky this way), and Activated Sleeper. Cauldron Familiar is useful whether it's dead or not and only costs B, Viscera Seer can also Sac Hulk in the first place, and Abolisher is busted, no explanation needed. Sam is the one combo card here, and he's only 2 MV so drawing him isn't the end of the world. Finally, the combo works through most stax pieces and at instant speed, plus you get 3 food tokens to work with at the start, so 1 Otawara activation can't even stop you alone.
Anyway, with that thorough explanation done, my question now is, "What are the best commanders to make use of this?" I haven't given this too much thought, but something like [[Thalia and the Gitrog Monster]] comes to mind for both stax and a sac outlet. Stax the board, get Hulk out, attack, game over before Thalia/Gitrog hits. The main alternative I've thought of is a T&T shell, but I'm not sure if that's the best home for this combo. So, I'm looking for community input.
What do you all think of this Hulk line? Can anyone spot weaknesses here compared to other lines? And if any of you think this is worth running, what commanders do you think would fit this well? Lemme know! I'm excited for Food synergies and am thrilled to have finally gotten the Cauldron Familiar + Hulk outlet I've been waiting for!
submitted by DrNewblood
to CompetitiveEDH [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:26 Senior_Turn3170 AITA for kissing my fiance's sister?
I, 24m, am currently in a relationship with my fiance, 26f. Let's call her Maria. For some background information, me and Maria have been in a relationship for about 2 ½ years now and have a baby on the way. Maria has a twin sister, let's call her Sam. Ever since I've met Maria's family, my life has changed drastically, good and bad.
I love Maria with all my heart. She's the flame to my lighter, and the butter to my toast. My one and true love. Sam and Maria are identical twins, they've always been. I couldn't even tell which one was which in their high school graduation photos. The only way to tell the difference was their boob size. Maria, size DD and Sam is size C.
Well one day, when I came home from work (Maria lives with me), I went upstairs, as you usually do after work, and I find Maria on the bed. We hook up and the next morning, she's pregnant. She starts freaking out, but that's not like her. Then I notice her bra on the floor. It's a size C. I fucked up. Then, I hear footsteps coming towards the door. Maria swings the door open to find us naked and Sam having a meltdown. But I'm not even sure that it's my fault. I feel so ashamed and dissapointed in myself. I honestly hate myself. I regret my decision, but I ask you, AITA?
submitted by Senior_Turn3170
to AmItheAsshole [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:26 ApostropheWarrior 28 [M4F] Cincinnati, Ohio - I worked hard to get to where I am, but all this time, I've been saving a spot for you.
I'm a firm believer in the cliché love story. I yearn for a deep, passionate connection that transcends boundaries, entwining our hearts in a tapestry of shared dreams.
My entire adult life has been consumed by school. Growing up, I was told that if I worked hard in academics, everything would fall into place, but what they didn't mention was how long it would take and what I would be giving up. Now, I have a PhD and work an amazing job, but I'm still missing the most important piece: you.
If what I've written sparks something in you, keep reading. If you get to the end and still like what you're hearing, reach out so we can finally embark on our journey together.
- Late 20s.
- Live in the US but grew up in Canada. Been in the US for 7 years.
- PhD, educated, but not snooty about it. I have degrees in English literature, education, and technology.
- Passionate about my work, but not a workaholic. I am fiercely protective of my work/life balance.
- Not religious.
- Non-smoker, non-drug user.
- I want children someday.
- Dark brown hair, a beard, and piercing hazel eyes.
- I go to the gym at least once a week. I lift and take care of myself, but I'm not obsessed.
- Anything and everything nerdy.
- Tabletop RPGs, D&D.
- Video games. Will you be my Minecraft girlfriend?
- Movies and TV series, especially fantasy, horror, sci-fi, drama, and romance.
- Music. Mainly heavy metal, but I like a bit of everything. Tell me about your favourite bands.
What I'm looking for
- Age is not a factor, but I am looking for someone who isn't too far into their journey. I've been in school for so long that I feel like I am behind other people my age, so I would prefer someone younger than me who can relate to where I am in life.
- University educated, attending, or planning to attend. I don't care what your major is as long as you're passionate about something.
- Nerdy, introverted, and shares my interests.
- Being divorced or having children from previous relationships. I am looking to build something new with someone who is in a similar situation to me.
- Religion. I was raised in a religious home but do not practice. I strive to be a good person on my own accord. I consider myself agnostic.
- Child-free. I want to have children.
- Asexuality. Physical intimacy is very important to me, and touch is one of my primary love languages.
I apologize for any offense here, but I want to be honest so as to not waste anyone's time.
Please read before you reach out
If you made it this far and want to chat, please send me a message with:
- Your age
- What you look like
- Your educational and career goals
- Your hobbies and what you do for fun
Our life together is one message away.
submitted by ApostropheWarrior
to r4r [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:25 oneandenough S4P1: Episode 8
I need to talk about the masterpiece that is episode 8. In the opening scene, you can feel the panic in the room as Ben and Cal have just minutes to get ready to run from the law. Cal stands still in shock and answers Michaela’s questions as Ben races around the house and gathers the bare essentials. Olive rushes home upon learning the news that she has to say bye to her father and brother yet again. The officers burst into the Stone home earlier than expected, and everyone’s fear and worry are palpable through the screen.
The Calling that leads Ben to Alex is one of the coolest we have seen on the show. Ben discovering that a phone number is part of a song that Radd composed and that phone number belonging to Alex—the key to Cal’s release—is such a clever story line. The piano playing on its own is unlike anything I recall seeing on the show. The way Cal’s facial expression changes when he notices Alex and realizes why he has been released is such a great example of nonverbal acting. Ben’s soft-spoken question to Cal about why he kept this information from him and the subsequent conversation are full of love.
The closing scene of this episode is just as powerful as the opening one. The moment when Ben lies down next to Cal and sees the photo that Cal insisted they bring along is so heartfelt. He realizes just how much Cal has missed and needed their previous bond. The entire ordeal of Cal’s arrest restores hope to a relationship that has seemed hopeless. The way Zeke shows Michaela his sobriety chip after working up the courage to tell her about his relapse is, again, such a great example of nonverbal acting. Michaela gives him the undivided attention he deserves and comforts him without hesitation, calming both Zeke and the audience. Our dear friend TJ surprises us all with his return and gives Olive some much needed affection. I salute the Manifest cast and crew for this standout episode.
submitted by oneandenough
to ManifestNBC [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:25 DustinKW Looking for input
I am new to reddit and also a new to writing with intention of other people reading it. I would like to share some of my short stories and am open to constructive input. Please do not be negative or judgemental. I write because I enjoy it and I interested if anyone else does. The intention of these stories is to be include in a sort of memoi cookbook
They say that once you quit drinking your body craves sugar, I know this is very true. Before I went to rehab I really did not like sweets very much, except ice cream I always loved ice cream. Recovering addicts rely on sugar like Milli Vanilli relies on vocal tracks. Every “meal” provided the minimal amount of nutrients a person needs to stay alive. Up to this point in my life I was naively unaware of the many food types that come in powder form. There was a week that we had salt, it was amazing! For every meal there was a buffet of day old pastries laid out on each table. If you saw something you liked while waiting in line you had better grab it. Rehab cafeterias have some of the same rules as high school- it definitely matters where you sit, and a fight erupting over a cupcake was not unheard of. These self anointed kings of the streets, tough guys turn into little bitches, over the last Unicorn sprinkle cupcake at snack time. The only thing different between a group of 70 grown men and a group of 70 teenage girls, is the amount of body hair, and the maturity levels are identical.
For the better part of a year and half just being awake was enough of a reason to be drinking. There was always a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I wouldn't have enough booze, so I carried my own everywhere I went. The thought process that decided the size of bottle I would bring depended on whether this would be my only source of booze or it was a companion bottle to accompany the cocktails I was having publicly. I would hate for people to think I was drunk and order a Vodka martini with a Jack Daniel’s chaser, I am a lady so I did my shot in the powder room. Grocery shopping was a half Pint, even though I was also buying two 1.75mL bottles for the next couple days but I couldn't wait till I got home. Work was usually a pint and half, a pint from the strip club liquor store and a couple of shots at the bar across the street when that was gone. The word addiction never crossed my mind; I was a fabulously highly functional alcoholic.
When I admitted to myself and a room full of strangers the extent and severity of my addiction, I could finally see myself, in the faces of my peers in that room and what I saw was terrifying. For the first time in my life I did not like myself, definitely did not love myself. Up to this point in my life I had an unwavering belief that I was amazing at everything I did. I knew that I succeeded because I was so confident and I was so confident because I succeeded. I felt like I had just been punched in the gut, and I lost my entire self worth in that one minute. Alcohol had taken away from me the very essence of who I am. Those early days were hard. I had to rediscover myself, I am still discovering myself. I did find my confidence again.
Geno I got sober together and it has been so great, there was a part of both of us that had been lying dormant for a little while and when it came out it came out in force. In the first month of sobriety we got to see our new niece Raelynn for the first time, around four months we had started a cookie business, restructured our lives, and by month six we had started making our 2 year plan to grow our cookie business into a national brand, and I started writing a book, yes this one.
Geno has always been the baker in the family. I started dabbling in baking right after I got out of rehab, I could not believe how much extra time I had now that I was not drinking. Geno had made an Oreo Cheesecake and it looked like so much fun. A few days passed and I wanted to make a cheesecake, so I started with a simple cheesecake, a few days later there was an apple crisp, then a couple dozen mini cheesecakes, 1-2-3-4 cake with buttercream frosting, not as easy as the name may suggest, then a couple dozen chocolate chip cookies, most of these recipes were straight forward and required no creativity and I was starting to get bored… Ooh something shiny… then Mini Lava Brownies with Chocolate Ganache Drizzle happened. *mic drop* You are welcome!
(LAVA BROWNIES WITH GANACHE DRIZZLE)
Sunset Sandwiches: The year prior to checking myself into rehab was one self- created dumpster fire after another. One does not usually end up in rehab after a wonderfully stable year. I spent most the year running away from the people who loved me most, especially my husband, Geno. Geno and I have been through some tough times in our relationship but this year was especially awful. I believe Queen Elizebeth II called it an “Annus Horribilis”, very fitting since this was the year Windsor caught fire and I spent the entire year trying to burn my life to the ground. I was in such a dark place and didn't even realize it, it was very scary and lonely inside myself and my outward side was the complete opposite. This duality in my life caused me to create a villain and sadly that villain was Geno. At one point in May I attempted suicide and almost succeded, Geno found me on the couch and called an ambulance, I woke up 2 day later in a mental hospital on suicide watch. The scariest part about that was I had no recollection of wanting to hurt myself or even thinking it through, all I remember is seeing darkness. I came home after seven days and I really thought I would slow down on the drinking and maybe I did for a little while but not long enough to remember. I remember thinking that I was loved becaused all my friends and family were so devastated at the thought of losing me, that feeling was lost again to the booze soon after.
That summer was a rollercoaster of huge fights, extended time away from each other, terrible things were said, and in October it all reached a climax and I threatened to leave Geno and went to stay with my cousin Mandi in Wisconsin with the rest of my family. My aunt Kristy and Grandma were exactly what I knew deep down they would be, honest as fuck! My grandma told me that I was “difficult, had lived a very charmed life and I should suck it up, go home and be happy with my husband”. My Aunt Kristy was brutally honest. She sat me down and asked me “What was going on?” when I started to tell her in my sugar coated everything will be fine, she called bullshit on me. She called out my drinking and told me I didnt even “resemble her nephew.” She also told me it was time to get my shit together. Kristy fought a long hard battle with addiction and has been happily sober for many years now. She said “Honey, I missed a lot of years of my life due to addiction.” She has now forced me to feel real emotions and I am open-mouth sobbing, she goes on, “You are going to lose them too or worse you will lose everything.”
It was the first time I was forced to see myself and the disaster I had become. A week later I flew home and checked myself into rehab. It was difficult to remember how to be happy with Geno, I had to retrain myself to love him the way he deserved to be loved and to see how much he loves me. In those first weeks we spent all day everyday together, it was amazing, for the first time in a long time we were not yelling and screaming at each other. One beautiful day we decided to go to the beach for a sunset picnic, it was the first time we had gone to see the sunset since we had quit drinking. The sunset was the most beautiful orange and glorious sunset, I was finally seeing my Geno, and he was all the light I needed. That sunset I fell madly in love with my husband again, oh and we had some sandwiches!
submitted by DustinKW
to writers [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:25 lo261 How do you feel after a particularly stressful / brain-overload day at school or work?
I noticed recently that I feel almost physically ill after a very full on stressful day at work, especially if I’m in the office as opposed to working from home.
I’ve been working on a full on project at work that required immense focus. At the end of every day I feel nauseous - like how you feel after getting off of an intense rollercoaster. My brain feels dizzy - head super foggy, it can cause easier forgetfulness and stupidity.
I also told my partner that it feels like I’m slightly high or drunk after a day like this. He does not have adhd and told me he’s never felt like this - so I’m wondering if it’s something others like me experience?
submitted by lo261
to ADHD [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:25 ponte95ma "After talking to a co-worker who cycled to work, he decided to try it. He never looked back." (NYT)
Today's twice-weekly "Climate Forward" newsletter from The New York Times
featured Tom "Entitled Cyclist" Morash: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/30/climate/entitled-cyclist.html
Full article text below.
Someone to Know: The Entitled Cyclist
He’s trying to show that it really is possible to get out of your car, even in Los Angeles.
- by Manuela Andreoni
Traffic jams might be the worst part of the day to many of you. Today, I want to introduce you to Tom Morash, an Angeleno who got tired of sitting in his car and decided to grab a bike instead.
Now Morash, also known as the Entitled Cyclist, is on a mission to show that biking can be possible, even pleasant, in places that seem to be designed only for cars.
The name is his ironic response to that small group of angry drivers who complain that bikes are taking over the roads. He uses Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to document his daily adventures. I wanted to talk to him because, like many of you, he lives in a city where public transportation is often inadequate.
For a long time, he felt that cars were his only means to get around. His journey away from car dependence is full of lessons.
Morash is a 41-year-old lighting programmer who works in the film and TV industry in Los Angeles, where he has lived for some 16 years. When he first arrived, he used to take his car everywhere, like most Angelenos. But the city’s traffic jams soon crushed any desire to drive.
After talking to a co-worker who cycled to work, he decided to try it. He never looked back. Now he always cycles the 12 miles or so that take him to most of his jobs.
Yes, cycling can be scary, he acknowledges. Drivers cut him off, text at the wheel, exceed the speed limit, open their doors without looking and park in the bike lane. “But I can’t imagine choosing to be in a car,” he said.
Like many cyclists, Morash said he was disappointed that bikes and public transportation are all but forgotten in the federal government’s plan to transition away from fossil fuels.
Morash said it drove him crazy when President Biden posed for a picture sitting in a 9,000-pound electric Hummer. (As my colleague Elena Shao showed, an enormous electric vehicle like that produces more emissions than a small combustion-engine car.)
“We’re just changing one problem for a possibly slightly better problem,” he said.
Instead of encouraging people to buy a different kind of car, he said, cities should build better bike lanes, make public transportation free and establish more bike-sharing services.
Most of all, city planners should be thinking about how to make cycling safer. It’s why he started filming all of his journeys and posting some of his close encounters online. On top of raising awareness, the videos give him a tool to try to hold people accountable for dangerous driving.
Because of careless drivers and inadequate infrastructure, Morash acknowledges, bikes are not a solution for everyone. He and his wife own a small electric car, mostly powered by the solar panels on their roof. She usually takes it to pick up their 7-year-old son from school when Morash is at work. When a child is involved, he says that the calculations around tolerable risks are different.
He filmed it when a pickup truck hit him with its passenger-side mirror and broke his arm seven years ago. He was cycling the 13 miles back home after working a Friday at the Sony Pictures Studio in Culver City. It was 1 a.m., a time he calls “drunk o’clock.” The driver never stopped, and he said the police declined to pursue an investigation, even though he had video.
It took him six weeks to recover. He couldn’t exercise, and he gained around 10 pounds. He had to drive everywhere. “Mentally I was in a bad place,” he said. “It really reminded me of why I bike.”
Still, he recommends that people try, starting with short journeys in areas where they feel safe.
He found that bikes can actually be a lot more efficient than cars. First, cycling often gets Morash to his destination twice as fast as driving on overcrowded roads, especially when using an electric bike. Second, it keeps him fit. He doesn’t need to find the time to exercise beyond biking. Third, he said riding around in a city with beautiful weather feels great.
Drivers may think their cars mean freedom, Morash said. But really, at least in cities like Los Angeles, they spend a lot of time just stuck in gridlock.
“I feel like the bike is the freedom machine,” he said. A car, on the other hand, is like a massive rock. “It really tethers you in a way that you don’t even see sometimes.”
submitted by ponte95ma
to bikecommuting [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:25 New_Beginning01 The jokes write themselves
2023.05.30 23:25 NinjaRadiographer John Wicks entire Timeline from Chapter 1 to Chapter 4 (updated) Part 2 of 2 (Chapters 3 and 4)
If your reading this I had to split my post in two because Reddits chracter limit is 40,000 and ive gone well over that. anyway have fun.
John Wick Chapter 3 – Parabellum
John Wick 3 starts directly off of John Wick 2 with john running through the streets. The opening clock shot gives us the time as 5.10pm on Friday Day 13.
Friday Day 13 5.10pm
· 5.10pm john running through the streets.
· Winston arrives back at the Continental at 5.11pm “I’d say the odds were about even”.
· “John Wick. Contract starts at 6pm” is announced.
· John runs into an alley (the watch makes it 5.12pm) “Tick Tock Mr Wick”.
· John gets in a cab to the NY public Library. The clock in the cab makes it 5.38-5.39pm.
· John leaves his dog and runs to the library.
· “John Wick excommunicardo 20 minutes” in the exchange.
· John enters the library at 5.41 thanks to the clock above the clerk.
· John gets directions to his book and finds it at 5.45pm
· Big Ukrainian guy appears.
· John kills big Ukrainian guy with a book in 5 mins. Time is 5.50pm.
· John leaves and runs to the Doctor “john Wick excommunicardo in effect 10 minutes”.
· The Doctor must be 5 minutes away. John arrives “I still have 5 minutes”.
· Doctor treats john and stops dead on 6pm. Contract on john goes live and texts go out.
· John finishes up and shoots the doc as requested.
· John leaves at 6.05pm
· John runs through China Town
· Chinese thugs see him and chase him into the museum.
· John reassembles the revolver.
· John kills lots of people (best scene in the film). Whole fight takes about 10 minutes.
· John leaves.
· The dog arrives at the hotel around 6.10pm which fits with the film.
· John is hit by 2 cars and runs into the stables.
· John kills lots of people and rides off on a horse (about a 20 minute fight).
· John rides on the horse and kills the motorbike assassins.
· The contract gets raised in the exchange around 6.40pm
· John makes it to the Tarkovsky Theatre at around 6.50pm.
· Conversation with the desk when he removes things and meets the director. We learn johns name is Jordarni Jonovovich (I might have that slighty wrong). They talk and she agrees to give him transport to Casablanca. Probably an hour has passed since arriving at 7.50pm.
· John leaves on a life boat.
Saturday Day 14 9.00am
· Next scene. Morning The adjudicator arrives at the hotel at 9am judging by the daylight.
· The adjudicator meets Winston at 9.10am 5 minute conversation and they view santinos body. The whole conversation was about 20 minutes.
· The adjudicator gives him 1 week to get his affairs in order. This is the first clear timeline that is established. Therefore the films big shoot out must be Saturday Day 21.
· The adjudicator then vists the Bowery King (assuming she left Winston and went straight there it probably took an hour. She seems the type).
· Adjudicator with the King “you see rats with wings but I see the internet”.
· Adjudicator brings out the gun from John Wick 2 (the one the Bowery King gave him). She could have got it before seeing Winston or after. I think before. Bowery King also gets 7 days. The time is roughly 10.30 am
Monday Day 16 3.50am USA 9.50am Casablanca.
Cut to Casablanca. Google tells me that New York to Casablanca by boat at 40 knots takes 3.7 days by sea. Seeing as it’s a shady world and the fastest boats can travel at 80 knots and, assuming they are using that boat, takes 1.3 days for john to reach his destination (32 hours) making it Monday Day 16 3.50 am. However Casablanca is 6 hours ahead so its 9.50 am when John arrives at the port which fits the film.
· John walks through the port
· Cut to evening/Night obviously it’s a very long way to the hotel from the port and hes a man of focus.
· John kills 2 guys in an alley and meets an assassin who offers him amnesty “welcome to casablanca Mr Wick”.
· John enters the continental and meet Sofia. I estimate that the time is 8pm
· Conversation with Sofia and the marker.
· Sofia gets ready “We leave in 10 minutes”. The whole thing was probably 15 minutes. Therefre 8.15pm Casblanca and 2.15 pm USA.
Cut to the next scene at night where the Adjudicator meets Zero. This is most likely during the time that Johnwas travelling so this is either Saturday Day 14 or Sunday Day 15. Im inclined to Saturday at 8pm. She seems efficient.
Saturday Day 14 8pm
· Adjudicator recruits Zero. There a continuity error where the Adjudicator says “he killed scores of men this week alone” which if youre still following is actually 13 days although can be considered vaguly accurate. I suspect she was reffering to John wick 2 though which would fit. They talk for 5 minutes.
· Next scene is back at the Tarkovsky Theatre where zero and his men attack the Russian and Director. It’s still raining so it can be assumed that it’s the same night probably an hour later. So 9pm.
· The directors conversation with the adjudicator where Zero stabs her hands. The whole thing probably was 30 mins to kill all the guards and 30 mins to talk and get stabbed so its 10pm.
Monday Day 16 8.15pm Casablanca and 2.15pm USA.
· Cut to John and Sofia. 5 min conversation and 30 minute trip to meet berrada.
· Conversation about Markers, coins and social contracts “Do you know where the word assassin comes from”.
· John learns how to meet the elders.
· John and Sofia kill lots of people.
· Berrada survives and probably 30 mins have passed.
· John and Sofia fight their way out through the gold melting vats eneterance (about 10 minutes since Berrada conversation and fight). The fight is fairly straight forward so probably on 20 minutes through there. They enter the courtyard and kill lots of people and escape in the cars. It’s a very long fight so very likely and hour and a half passes which makes the time 11.10pm casa and 5.10pm USA.
Tuesday Day 17 8am Casablanca and 2 am USA
· The next scene is john and Sofia arriving at the desert. Google tells me that Dawn in Casablanca is at 8am. Its safe to assume that they both shared the driving and got some rest for the previous 9 hours. The car is also quite a distance into the desert I assume so they’ve likely used the night to follow the dog star and get a head start on meeting the elder.
· Sofia drops john off in the desert, waters her dogs and john leaves with a thimbleful of watered backwash. John begins his walk.
· He walks all day and night and collapses around 10am Casa (judging by the sun in the sky) on Day 18 (Day 16 4 am USA).
Saturday Day 21 9am USA.
· The next scene is early am for the Bowery King and Zero guards are killing all his men. Juding by the light and that we know he had 7 days it has to be Saturday Day 21 about 9am.
This scene presents a small problem because they haven’t been seen since maiming the director on Saturday Day 14 at 10pm but maybe the adjudicator has had other duties to attend to in that time.
· The adjudicator and Bowery King talk and he gets 7 cuts at 9.30am assuming the conversation took 30 minutes.
Tuesday Day 17 11am Casablanca and 5 am USA
· Cut back to an unconious John who probably been out for an hour. Hes picked up and taken to the elder and spends time in the tent (say 2 hours (1pm)).
· The conversation took an hour (2pm) where he chops off his finger and gets a mission to kill Winston. Zayer helps prepare for Johns departure giving him a change of clothes and, its implied, help to get back so this takes longer (another 4 hours to treat his finger and recover? 7pm?). Its likely that they have methods of getting through the desert but its still a long journey but its likely they took 2 days to get back to Casablanca. Say 48 hours (because he got a car a fair way in to the desert and camels are slower) making arriving back in Casablanca Day 19 7pm Casa. If he then got the 80 knot boat back that’s then another 32 hours travel making it Day 21 3am which means that he arrives back at 9pm Saturday Day 21 usa.
Saturday Day 21 10pm
· The next scene is John getting off the train and meeting Zero and the assassins which was probably an hour later at 10pm which fits with the film.
· John conversation with Zero and escape on the bike 10 minutes.
· Bike chase across the bridge with swords. John kills lots of people. John arrives at the continental and escapes Zero on the consecrated ground after about 40 minutes making the time around 10.50.
· John meets Winston after a 10 minute wait and after talking to Zero. Zero is ruined for me at this point when he becomes an obsessive fan boy all of a sudden which doesn’t fit with his character up to this point. So its 11pm when John and Winston talks in the room of glass.
· Winston convinces John to change sides and “go to war with the high table”.
· The Adjudicator arrives 10 minutes later (11.10) “Mr Wick it is a pleasure to meet you”.
· The adjudicator deconsecrates the Contenital. The process probably takes 10 minutes to get the file and do. Adjudicator leaves and summons a kill squad which, judging by the way they arrive, she had tooled up and ready just in case.
· John, Winston and Choron the concierge tool up. The guests leave and the decronsecration order is processed. This probably took around an hour (movie land reasons for being so quick) and the kill squad arrived after everyone has left say another hour so the time is Sunday day 22 at 1.20am.
Sunday Day 22 1.20
· John and Charon attempt to kill lots of people but cant due to lack of firepower. The staff are all killed very quickly within 10 minutes of the kill squad arriving.
· It was approximately 30 seconds for john to realise that he needs more firepower and 29 minutes and 30 seconds to be able to be in a position for him to be able to get back and rearm.
· They arm up again (probably 30 minutes) and head back out hunting again.
· John and Charon kill lots of people.
· They’ve probably been fighting for an hour when the adjudicator makes her phone call to Winston where he hands up at 3.30am.
· John enters the room of glass at 3.35am and fights the two assassins who smash him into display cases. Zero taunts him and 5 minutes later the assassins are killed.
· Zero beckons John to come upstairs.
· The two respectful assassins from the raid (great films watch them both) attack and talk with Mr Wick.
· The fight lasts about 40 minutes. John leaves them alive and goes to face Zero.
· John faces Zero (fanboy worship 4.20am). The fight lasts another 40 minutes.
· Charon returns to the vault and the Adjudicator calls Winston at 4.55am.
· Zero dies at 5.15am after him and John talk “That was a pretty good fight”.
· Winston and Adjudicator are on the roof they look like they have been talking for a short while whilst the light (pre dawn) makes it about 5.30am when John arrives.
· Winston betrays John and shoots him off the roof at 5.45am. The Adjudicator leaves.
· Clean up and sorting the continental appears to start immediately but its likely the Adjudicator went to her room and packed before leaving so the time is more 7am when the adjudicator realizes Johns body is missing.
· John is picked up by Tick Tock man and taken to the Bowery King. If this is around the same time then he meets the King at 7am. The conversation lasts about 5 minutes “cos im really pissed off”.
John Wick 3 ends on Sunday Day 21 at 7.05am.
John Wick Chapter 4
We know this film starts 6 months after Chapter three which has allowed John to heal from his injuries of falling off the roof in the last film. This one is harder to pace properly because of all the travelling between places so my timeline may be out here and there but generally it should be fine. 6 months is equal to 183 days ish so John Wick 4 starts on Monday Day 205 (because John Wick 3 ended on day 22 and nothing good ever happens on a Monday (p.s it’s only a Monday because I can’t be bothered to properly work out what the actual day of the week it would be)).
Monday Day 205 7.20 pm
· Bowery King gives a speech and walks through to John walking Johns dog. John is training on a Makawara Board Which is a traditional way of making strong punches and toughening up your hands (I study martial arts and used to have one, he’s also punching with reasonable form but with a Shotokan method with the reverse hand at the hip instead of the chest). New York skyline shows its sunset which the internet tells me is about 7.20 pm in April which is 6 months from October and fits the film later on. “You ready John?”.
Thursday Day 208 6am
·Sunrise in the desert. John kills 3 people on horse back and meets the elder. This must be the desert near Casablanca from Chapter 3. Google tells me that NY to Casablanca by boat at 40 knots takes 3,7 days by sea and seeing as it’s a shady world and the fastest boats travel at 80 knots it takes 1.3 days foe John to reach Casablanca then he has to get into the desert which takes 48 hours to find the elder making it 3.3 days later or Day 208. It probably takes an hour to kill the three horsemen. John meets the elder and they talk for 5 minutes and john kills him at 7.05am. John leaves. “No one escapes the table”.
Saturday Day 210 Evening probably around 5pm
· Back in New York Continental Hotel. Assumption that news of the Elder has been notified to the relevant people and its say, two days later. The Harbinger arrives and asks Charon to speak to the manager. Approx 10 minutes later he meets Winston delivers his letter and gives a 1 hour time limit to evacuate the hotel and then leaves. They get to it.
· Next scene is in the Marquis tower Winston has obviously got things going and he and Charon have gone pretty much straight there. They meet the Marquis and talk for 10minutes and Marquis blows up the continental exactly 1 hour after the hourglass notification was given so it is 6.05 pm. Marquis kill Charon 30 seconds later. “It has been an honor my friend” and leaves a minute after that asking for Chidi (his main guy) to find Caine at 6.07ish.
Sunday Day 211 9am
·The next scene is Paris. New York to Paris is 7.5 hours by plane. The assumption is that the Marquis left and took 1 hour to airport, straight on to the plane and the straight to Paris in another hour meaning it took 9.5 hours making it 3 am in the USA. France is 6 hours ahead of America making the time 9am which fits the film. Caine is sitting listening to his daughter play violin. He then is seen going to see the Marquis so im assuming this is an hour later. They talk and Caine gets his name. It takes 10 mins and Caine leaves at 10.10 am.
Monday Day 212 10 pm
·Cut to Osaka Japan. Paris to Osaka flight time is 15 hours,1 hour to the airport and then to the hotel. The time difference is that Japan is 7 hours ahead of usa so it makes it 11 am but the scene is night so say 10 pm and say than rather than a continuity error there was a flight delay because of movieland reasons. Mr Nobody enters the Continental and meets Akira the concierge and checks in. We meet her and the manager.
Note here: There’s cherry blossom on the trees. Cherry blossom season in Japan is roughly march to April which fits with the 6 months since October but if you don’t think that then the trees are artificial or genetically altered to bloom all year round.
Nobody takes a seat after checking in (10mins) and checks his dairy. The Manager and Akira walk and talk about 20 minutes through the LED museum and the manager goes out to meet John a further 10 mins later at 10.30pm. They talk for 30 minutes.
·Chidi arrives with Caine and asks to see the manager. Nobody notices when they arrive at 11pm.
The evacuation starts immediately. Akira runs up to see the manager so it must be 5 mins later when she sees him. John waits. The manager gets his staff ready which takes about 10 mins ish and meets Chidi at 11.20 pm.
·The manager and Chidi and Caine talk for 10 minutes and it erupts into a massive rumble.
·The manager kills lots of people. The first part of the fight takes about 10 minutes until the kill squad arrives and the fight enters round 2 at 11.45 pm.
Tuesday Day 213 00.00 am
Back on the roof the kill squad find John and Akira. Must be about 15 minutes later making it 00.00am.
·John and Akira kill lots of people. Interesting note: you can clearly see John aiming for the breaks and chinks in the kill squads armour which is still bullet proof like John Wick 3.
The fight takes 20 minutes. (00.20am)
· Cut to the kitchen and the Manager. Caine is slurping noodles which take 5 minutes to make. Incidentally slurping noodles is a Japanese thing and Donnie Yen is Chinese (00.25). Caine kills lots of people.
·Cut to John and Akira killing lots of people at about the same time and Caine finishes his fight. Its quite a long fight (30 mins). The Manager arrives and saves Akira and John leaves. “Kill as many as you can”.
·John enters the LED museum and about 5 mins later is attacked by the kill squad. John kills lots of people. Another long fight which takes about 45 minutes especially with the nunchucks making the time about 2am.
·Caine arrives and they talk and fight which takes about 15 minutes until Mr Nobody arrives and tries to kill them. Note: Caine loses his sword cane sheath here because you don’t see it again from now on.
Cut to the exchange which must be the same time and Johns bounty is increased.
·Cut to John outside in a bamboo area. Its about 15 minutes since he escaped Caine so about 2.30 am. John is attacked. John kills lots of people. Takes about 5 minutes.
· John and Nobody and his dog talk for 5 minutes and john leaves. “Take better care of yourself”.
Cut to the Manager and Akira trying to leave. Caine has beat them to it and its around the same time as Johns escape. Caine and the Manager fight which takes 10 mins and Caine kills the manager at 2.50 am and Akira leaves.
·John is at the station and most likely has been for 10 minutes. He gets on the train. Akira arrives, they talk for 5 minutes and Akira leaves next stop,
·Cut to New York in the rain likely 2pm. Winston and Bowery king talk for 10 mins likely at the same time John was escaping.
Friday Day 215 12 pm
·Next is Marquis and the Harbinger in Paris. Its bright day time so likely midday. Caine and Nobody are there so they must have travelled straight from Japan. So 1 hour to airport, 15 hour flight to France and 1 hour to Paris makes it 17 hours Since Japan but its Midday because it should be 8 pm so the plane had an engine fault and there was a delay.
· Nobody and the Marquis talk and Marquis stabs Nobody and makes a deal. Note here: Why do they shake with their left hands in this scene? Marquis leaves and Cut to
Saturday Day 216 12pm
·John in New York visiting Charons grave site. Its Midday and Paris is 6 hours ahead so it has to be the following day so its Saturday Day 216. 6 days have passed since Charon was killed. I could have this slightly wrong but movieland reasons for burying him so quickly. John and Winston talk for 15 minutes. “They’re cold hard facts”. John heads to Berlin.
Monday Day 218 8 pm
·Next scene is John in Berlin at night. NY to Berlin is 8 hours ish. 1 hour to the airport, flight and 1 hour to Berlin is 10 hours. Berlin is 6 hours ahead of USA which means the time should be 6am which doesn’t fit with the film therefore there must have been another flight delay and it’s the day 218 Monday say 8pm.
·Nobody watches John enter the safe haven Church.
·John unburdens his guns and enters. He speaks to the priest who shoots him and gets taken away. “Nice Suit”. Prob 5 minutes so its 8.05pm
·Cut to Marquis at the ballet. My Nobody calls him to give him Johns location so it must be the same time.
·John awakes with a noose around his neck. He been there about 30 minutes with everyone surrounding him. Katia arrives and talks to John about age and Uncle Petior whilst continuously stringing him up. “We have a common enemy”. They make a deal to kill Killa and the whole thing took about 15 minutes. Claus smacks John. “I am Claus”.
·About an hour later John and Claus are in the club to see Killa. Note: Scott Adkins is brilliant as Killa. Claus delivers a letter. Killa and John talk. Caine arrives and joins them. Conversation about family and personal feelings and discord between old friends. Mr Nobody joins them and takes a seat. Converstaion on who wants to kill who.
·They play cards. Interesting note: Caine here looks at his cards and says what he has so therefore he must have some actual vision. By the time Killa lays his cards on the table about 30 minutes must have passed. Once he does-
·John, Caine and Nobody kill lots of people.
·Killa runs into the club and john follows.
·John kills lots of people. It’s a drawn out fight against all the men and Killa but doesn’t last that long say about 30 minutes whilst Caine and Nobody kill everyone else in Killas office.
·John kills lots of people and Killa dies at 10.40pm
·The whole club empties 5 minutes later. Nobody tries to shoot John but Caine stops him. John leaves.
·Back at the Church an Hour later (11.45pm). John gives Killas tooth to Katia and we cut to John’s welcome back ceremony. It takes time to prepare and melt gold so its another 2 hours later making it 1.45am on Day 219 Tuesday. The ceremony probably takes an hour with them burning their arms ala David Caradine from Kung Fu style. Jordani is accepted back at 2.45 am
Wednesday Day 220 12.00 pm
·Winston visits the Marquis who we know is in Paris. Theres no time difference between Paris and Berlin and theres no way to know what time it actually is so im saying midday. John is likely traveling to Paris because he shows up in a bit. Winston delivers the message and formal challenge and they talk about the old ways and rules. It’s a detailed conversation and likely takets 20 minutes. “Such is life”.
·Next scene is John walking across themarble in front of the effiel tower. Its dull so say early evening say 5 pm.
·John, the Marquis and Harbinger discuss terms of the duel. We also get a finishing time of sunrise on day 221 which is Thursday for the duel and film ending. Whole thing takes about 15 minutes. John leaves with Winston.
·Caine and Marquis talk for 5 minutes and Caine leaves.
·Cut to John in a church say 30 mins since. Caine is there and they talk and share a moment together. John leaves after 5 minutes at 5.35 pm.
·Cut to the Marquis and Harbinger talking. Its now night at about 8 pm and the conversation takes about 5 minutes.
·John arrives at the safe harbour probably at the same time and eneter the station and meets Winston and the King at 8.10. John gets his suit.
·Chidi and the Marquis talk and there a brief shot of a large clock on the wall saying the time is 11.50 so that’s the time.
Thursday Day 221 00.00am
·Chidi puts out the contract to the exchange and the radio station at 00.00am.
·All the assassins tool up. Things are going to get very busy for John.
·John gets his gun at 00.00am. “This Viper has ferocious fangs”.
·Some time later they get on the boat and 20 minutes journey to Johns destination. Converstaion about grave stones. We also discover sunrise is at 6.03 am.
·John enters the road in front of the Effiel tower at about 4.30 am. At this time the exchange informs everyone where he is.
·John kills lots of people. Some in a mustang (love that car) whilst getting his gun. 15 min fight (4uilding site house at 5.37am.45am).
·John arrives at the arc de triumpth 15 mins after that (5.00).
·John kills lots of people in a car, on foot, between traffic at the arc de triumpth. (long fight 30 minutes).
·Marquis takes a phone call from Nobody at 5.33 am (clock behind him).
·John continues to kill lots of peopleand escapes on a bike heading to the Sacre Coeur at 5.35.
·John kills lots of poepl on a bike and enters the building site house at 5.35.
·One of the best fight scenes in the film. Nobody enters.
·Nobody and john kill lots of people. Marquis call Nobody at 5.40 (Clock behind him again).
·John and Nobody continue to kill lots of people.
·Marquis calls Nobody at 5.43 $40 million.
·More assassins arrive. John kills lots of people. (top down fight love this so much).
·Nobody and john kill lots of people.
·Nobody and John fall through a hole in the floor at 5.45.
·john saves nobodys dog at 5.46.
·John escapes out the window. He looks at his watch which shows the time is 5.50am. John heads to the steps.
·John starts up the steps. The time is 5.55am. He has 7 minutes to get to the top.
·John kills lots of people.
·John gets almost to the top and falls back about half way when Chidi attacks him.
·John and Chidi fight and john falls to the bottom.
·Caine arrives at 5.59.
·Caine and John kill lots of people back up the steps.
·Nobody shoots Chidi at 6.00am. Chidi is killed by the dog and Nobody at 6.01am.
·John and Caine arrive at the church at 6.03am. Cain stabs johns hand.
·The Duel commences. It takes approximately 5 minutes. Nobody and the dog watch.
·John kills the Marquis at 6.08am.
·The Harbinger makes his announcements and takes his leave at 6.09 am
·Cain leaves after talking to John at 6.10am.
·Winston talks to John. “Will you take me home?”.
·John passes out on the church steps thinking of his wife at 6.11 am on Thursday Day 221.
Thursday Day 228 12.00pm
·Back to New York a few days have passed so im assuming a week later at midday. Bowery king and Winston are standing at Johns Grave. They talk and leave after 5 minutes .
·After credits scene assuming this is the same time as the graveyard scene. Caine is visting his daughter. Akira is going to kill him.
John Wick Chapter 4 ends on Thursday Day 228 12.00pm.
submitted by NinjaRadiographer
to JohnWick [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:25 Content-Pack6102 ADHD Diagnosis @ McMaster
Hey guys! I needed some assistance on a process I've never gone through before.
So long story short (I don't mean to self diagnosis), I think I have ADHD.
Over my entirety of my highschool and undergraduate career, I've felt like I had something off with me but kept pushing it off because I've been able to deal with it and be successful. However, in university it's been really hard to manage it and I feel like it's gotten worse - which is affecting my grades.
I find it really difficult to focus, and my mind will jump from one thing to another - causing me to constantly be stressed and get nothing done. Even right now - I should be working on a final assignment due tonight (that I haven't started) and studying for an orgo midterm for Thursday but here I am writing this post. I also have this problem where I make a really detailed plan for when I'm going to get what done, but when the time comes to do it I just cannot make myself do it. I delay tasks and even when I put my phone away to study I find other ways to distract myself. When I'm talking to someone, I tend to finish their sentences off and sometimes cut them off while they're talking. Then I immediately catch myself and apologize - yet do it again. I'm also very awkward when I talk to new people but extremely talkative with people I'm close to like my boyfriend. The last few days I haven't been able to get any work done because I just can't put my mind to it. In highschool, I noticed that I would make small mistakes which is why I struggled with math-based courses (and failed stats 2b03 lmao). ANOTHER BIG THING is that I HAVE TO study alone. Even if I study in a library - if there's noise or anything moving in my front/peripheral focus I immediately lose focus.
I also have highs and lows in which some days I can wake up early, shower, get ready and get a lot of stuff done in a day. Then randomly (like today) I can't get out of bed until 3pm.
This constant cycle is SO stressful and draining. I really want to start getting treatment for this, but I've heard that it's hard to get ADHD diagnosis - especially at Mac. I contacted SWC and they sent me a bunch of forms for me to fill out involving my teachers and parents. I don't know if I want to get my parents involved because they've seen how successful of a person I can be (highschool president and valedictorian) and I haven't really shown them this side of myself (that I get distracted fast, that I forget to do things, etc). I also have found ways to help my focus improve like using specific study music, studying at home with sunlight and space, and using a Google Calendar to make sure I don't forget any tasks to do. But it's still been really hard and I want to get medication or accommodations for it. I also struggle to finish midterms on time 😭😭.
If anyone knows what I should do, pls advise!! I want to get better <3 (eldest brown daughter + premed combo with ADHD is killing me)
submitted by Content-Pack6102
to McMaster [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:24 No-Enthusiasm7267 Feeling the burnout.... just needing some sympathy today
Hey fellow nannies! I've been a nanny for a long long time. Almost 15 years. During that time I've been lucky and had many really great familiesand only a couple bad fits.....but lately it seem slike my luck has changed for the worse. I moved to my current city in 2017. I got a job right away and worked for 3.5 years with this family I adored. They still are my best references and I see them from time to time but we parted ways in 2020 when they moved (military family) and I've had the worst luck ever since!
First I worked for a family for about 6 months. I loved them. Perfect hours and a sweet, intelligent, charming baby.....then one day I come in and they very nonchalantly tell me they are moving across the country...frigging next week! They didn't even give me 2 weeks notice! I was totally blindsided. I'm a pro and good woth people so in the end jt was a very amicable parting of ways but I felt so upset I've never contacted them for a reference.
Next family i quickly realized were alcoholics. They were functioning alcoholics, high income professionals, at least?. They told me they were taking covid seriously (this was still pandemic times) but they weren't and i tested positive for the first and so far only time. Luckily I had just been vaccinated so I was ok but the baby was really sick for a solid week....after that fiasco everything seemed fine but one day, NM comes home in tears. I ask her if she's OK, she says yeah. Not one to pry, I say byebye and see ya tomorrow....a couple hours later I get a text saying simply "it's not working out for us" she left my iPad (which I had left behind) and my paycheck in a freaking paper bag outside! Wtf? I'm still confused and blindsided by that. Because she was obviously having a lot of postpartum issues (among other things) I was afraid to ask for more of a reason and i assume something had happened in her personal life she didnt want to share with me. I figured if i had done something wrong she would have told me, she was not one to hold back about any problems. I just said thanks for the opportunity and best wishes and moved on. But it's haunted me. I feel like such a failure over it even though I was already looking around for another job bc of the alcoholism issue, so it was fine in the end.
After that i found a really nice mom. She was wfh and we really clicked. The only problem was the commute was absolutely hell. Not only was it long, it was dangerous, I saw an accident almost every day on the way. And finally it was my turn and I got in an accident. my car was wrecked and I was traumatized. It's my only ever accident and i burned through my savings getting a new car asafp. Around that time the gas prices went up and I wasn't making enough money anymore, so I had to quit. I gave 1 month's worth of notice and was super gentle about it..... she lost her shit. I have never seen anything like it! She was sobbing and begging and I couldn't even really say to her that the real issue was the commute bc she was so over the top.....thankfully we ended on a high note, still friendly, still chatting......but I feel like I can't ask her for a reference bc she was so upset that I feel awkward asking at all.
The next gig I had was a night nanny position for 3 months, it went well, i learned a lot and NM gave me a reference for the job I currently have.
Currently I'm working with one 4 month old and occasionally their 3yo. Love the kids ofc but its.only been about 6 weeks and I already know this is a bad fit for me. I won't go into it bc of the novel I just made you read but I am.planning on giving notice tomorrow bc I just can't anymore and i want a family who respects my years of experience and doesn't undermine me and try get me to do housemaid tasks, etc. I'm just too old for that, I know what works for me and what won't and this won't.
I already have 2 interviews lined up but my problem is I feel super demoralized by what I've gone through these last 3 years and i feel i really awkward/embarrassed asking my references to do the reference thing again for me again so soon.
Nannying has always worked for me but it seems that has changed. My luck seems to be awful! Idk...is it time to find another career? I have always felt that I'm great with kids, i love working them and seeing them grow and i love to connect with a family on a personal level the way you do when it's a good fit. But i do have other interests i could pursue, as we all do, and maybe this is all a sign that should try other things?
I'm just feeling a bit lost and unappreciated as a nanny when i used to feel the exact opposite....Has anyone else had a bad spell like this? If so, how did you get past it? Do you have any thoughts or advice. I'd love to just know I'm not alone.
Thank you so much if you took the time to read all this!
submitted by No-Enthusiasm7267
to Nanny [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:24 blueskybiz [For Hire] Experienced Webflow Website Developer and Designer
I specialize in building beautiful websites that help to increase revenue for small to medium sized businesses. I'm based in the US.
What my website package offers:
· Custom colors & typography
· Personalized writing for all pages
· Google reviews widgets & a review page
· 5 Main Pages: Home, Services, About, Reviews & Contact (or something for a different subject if needed)
· Contact form
· SEO setup & optimization for website structure
· Safe, secure, & easy for users of all different devices to access (Desktop and Mobile devices)
· We provide any necessary stock images, graphics etc.
· Google analytics which allows you to view how many people visit your website per week and from what general location.
Price: $150 month (subscription style plan) or $3,500 to buy it outright
If you are interested, please send me a private message and I will show you some of my work and my official website (not allowed to post personal info on here). Please do not hesitate to reach out!
submitted by blueskybiz
to Forhire_Freelance_OG [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:23 erenjaegersbuttcheek i found a way!
Hello! i’ve been suffering in a very major was with IBS for about 2 years, 2 years ago i stopped eating dairy and gluten, yet i was still having insanely painful abdominal cramping and diarrhea. i have IBS-M with a little more diarrhea (depending on how much imodium i take that week😉) it’s very switchy . if i don’t take any sort of diarrhea/stomach med for up to 3-4 days my poops are super soft and usually painful, and when i do take them they are ROCK HARD and the anxiety i got from wondering when the missiles from my asshole we’re going to depart was on another level. i struggled leaving the house (still do) and more. i recently about 4 months ago got into the low fodmap diet, but some foods were still messing me up! i was like “i’m doing what i’m supposed to, WHY DO I STILL HURT!” turns out what worked for me which i just started about a week ago is eating plain chicken, dairy free home made mashed potatoes and rice for every meal. i know sounds lame, but i’ve been feeling SO much better. i still get that uncomfortable feeling of course but it’s more tolerable than before, once a few more days pass i will incorporate certain low fodmap veggies to see which ones trigger me! u need to start extremely bland to start out with, atleast that was my problem. i hope this keeps working for me, but for now i’m hopeful🥰
submitted by erenjaegersbuttcheek
to ibs [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:23 Witchescoldasstata Life does not get better RANT. Am I alone?
❤️ If you read this, thank you ❤️
Well. Life still sucks. And today is so much worse. (24f)
I'm really tired of mulling over the fact that I feel so God awful in my head regardless of how good my external circumstances are. I feel worse mentally now than I did when I was actively being abused. No one has been able to explain why, and I hold a lot of resentment because of it. You go through some shit, and everyone around you says "things will get better, stay strong". Well guess what people, my circumstances did get better, and I'm just as suicidal if not more, so where does that leave me huh? I am so angry at the world, at myself. Even as I write this I don't know what to say because it's one of those days where EVERYTHING has come up and as a result I've been crying for hours. When I do get a break from crying I just dissociate because there's nothing I can do to move through this feeling.
You know what's sad, is that a lot of my mornings, I wake up bombarded with suicidal and extremely depressive thoughts before I even get to open my eyes. Every minute of the day, from the second I wake up to the second I fall asleep, all I can think about is how deeply I do not want to be here. Even that is tricky though, because I would really like to live, I really really want to enjoy life and explore and grow and experience, but I can't. I feel like I have been doing everything I can to improve my life and myself, and I don't get anywhere.
Everytime I say I'm a failure I'm met with people reminding me that I have created a good relationship and despite my upbringing I've lived on my own and went to college. To that I say that's fucking stupid, and I'm tired of hearing it. My only achievement in life has been surviving. I have a good relationship now because I nearly didn't survive my last one. I live on my own because I barely survived with my family. I went to college because I barely survived highschool and have been made to believe college is the only option for a good life. My ONLY achievements have been survival, and that fact does not make me feel any better whatsoever. My previous therapist would always remind me "you just came out of a war".... Of CIRCUMSTANCES. I AM STILL IN THE WAR, EXCEPT I DON'T HAVE A GOOD REASON TO BE NOW.
I am fucking exhausted all of the time, and every single day I try to do what I can to get better, and everyday I'm just further depressed by the fact that I feel too tired to do the work, and I don't have enough time, and having to choose doing one thing means another can't get done. Let me explain, in the morning I'll wake up and think of my to do list, all of which are immediately followed by guilt already. 1. I need to go to work (but extra stress because I've been working partime hours for 6 months when I need fulltime. I'm not working fulltime because I just can't, I've done everything I can to work more, and in 6 months I have not improved in the slightest. Every single job I've ever had in my life I've had to quit because my attendance was so bad. I know my spouse is disappointed and worried about my lack of working hours, as they have told me this is concerning for our future.) 2. I need to do house chores (spouse is working twice as much as I am and has still done more housework than me. If I can't work I should be able to keep up with housework, but I cant for the same reason I can't do anything else, and I don't know what that reason is.) 3. I need to do something towards building a career (because spouse told me if we ever want a future together I need to start thinking about a career, but I don't have any ambition or interest so I have to force myself to learn and hope that interest comes later. I've been waiting on passion since I was in middle school and it never came. I also dropped out of college and now I have 20k in debt that got me absolutely nowhere in life.) 4. I need to shower and brush my teeth and hair (but I often dread doing these things due to depression and frequently forget to do them because of adhd which leaves me feeling disgusting.) 5. I need to eat multiple times a day (ADHD means I have a lot of problems with food and add in depression I have no desire, energy or residual stress tolerance to prepare, cook, eat, and clean something that is nutritious) 6. I need to connect with my spouse whether it be hanging out or having sex (but this often falls last in my to do list because everything else has more immediate importance, and by the time I'm done everything else I have no extra time or energy, especially for sex. But not doing so dampens our relationship and affects them negatively too). Plus whatever fucking else pops up in the day that I need to deal with.
What I've just written out is why I feel like I'm doomed. I don't have the time or energy to do it all. And I know I don't need to do it all at once, but all of those things listed are necessities, with the exception of career planning. I can't skip work, I can't skip hygiene, I can't skip eating, and if I do they have severe consequences. I can skip time with spouse, but that has consequences that don't just affect me. And I could skip career stuff but that just puts me right back where I was before spouse mentioned my directionless life. Could I do it on and off? In theory yes, in actuality no. Why? Because I fall out of habit easily and can't remember anything. If I'm forcing myself to do something I need momentum, and that stops when you do.
Basically I'm just screwed regardless, so everyday I feel all This stress, and I get done maybe a third of what I'm supposed to because I'm too mentally exhausted from just being conscious, and by the end of the day I'm reminded of how much of a failure I am. Even when I feel good in a day, by the end of the week and self reflect and realise I actually didn't get anywhere, but I feel like I did the work. At the end of the month, year, decade, it's all the same. I survived because I had to, I changed some things in life because I absolutely had to. Now that Im not receiving abuse in all directions, I don't need to work to survive, I need to work to improve. I have worked to improve, but I have seen 0 results. That's not even an exaggeration, I've genuinely seen no improvement in years.
So when I wake up, and all of these things flood my mind, all I can think of after that is visual images of me killing myself. I walk into the kitchen and I look out the window and I see myself hanging. I go to the bathroom, look at the tub, and see myself drowning. I grab a Band-Aid, I see the pills, and in my head I'm laying on the floor foaming at the mouth. I grab the scissors, I see the knifes, and i imagine blood everywhere. Spouse may see me zoned out, but what I see is 7 different ways I could die in the next hour. I see myself writing notes and the receivers reading them. I see spouse coming home from work to find me dead, I see the medics and police retrieving my body. And then I remember regardless of how much I don't want to he here, leaving isn't an option because I hurt the people who love me. And that thought isn't comforting, it makes me feel trapped. So I sit and a fantasize about not being alive. I feel immense relief when I see myself hanging over the balcony, pedestrians calling 911, and the firemen coming to get me. I'm not in control anymore. I move my body, I choose what to say, but I am not me, the feelings the death the pain, it feels like I've been possessed, and the real me is screaming and begging to be in control again, but I'm not, my life is not my own. I'm not a person, I'm a walking depression poster.
Tldr - my life is great and yet Im more suicidal than ever. Life did get better, and I did not, and Ill end up dragging everything down with me. I feel like I'm putting in so much effort to improve, and i have absolutely nothing to show for it. I'm out of options, I just float now wishing I was dead.
Thank you for listening ❤️
submitted by Witchescoldasstata
to depression [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:23 Bronx_Fellow Solved: Windows 10/Debian dual-boot problem
Have 10 yr. old HP refurbed desktop, came with Win 10 Home. Added a few Debian installs to fiddle with. After a botched Pop! OS install, windows no longer booted(Linux still booted via grub menu). Here is how I accidently got windows to boot:
1)From within Debian, I obtained and installed Ventoy on a USB Flash Drive.
2)Obtain and load "Bob.Ombs.Modified.Win10PEX.64" into Ventoy.
3)Reboot into Ventoy. Run Bob.Ombs.Modified-
4)Choose "Repair Windows", then choose "DISM Repair(Offline)".
5)This allowed Windows to boot, but Grub was gone.
6)Booted Debian via Power_on setup screen. Re-installed and updated Grub.
This got my dual-boot working again(until the next tragedy). I thought I would be glad to see Windows again. I was not. Cheers.
submitted by Bronx_Fellow
to linuxquestions [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:22 NinjaRadiographer John Wicks entire Timeline from Chapter 1 to Chapter 4 (updated) Part 1 of 2 (Chapters 1 and 2)
So, I had quite a few messages from people asking when I was going to update this to include chapter 4 and finally it was released on download in the UK (29th) so I could finally watch it and get around to it because I haven’t seen it until now. I’ve kept the original timeline here because I’m quite happy with it and I’m just adding on Chapter 4. I will add someone messaged me that during chapter 3 when the assassins are getting the kill order to kill John there’s a brief shot of an assassin’s phone saying the date was December. I’m happy to go with this because I think the first 3 films are set around October-November time but we see no x-mas stuff anywhere in chapter 1 to 3 so its debateable if you want to call this an x-mas film like Die Hard. Also, I watched an interview with the director this morning and he states that he thinks the first 3 films are about a week and a half but wasn’t certain which I feel gives my timeline some authenticity and accuracy.
P.s Ive had to break this down into two parts because the character limit is 40,000 characters and ive gone well over that
Warning Major Major spoilers for these films are here because I detail out the plot as I go.
A couple of assumptions are made. Fights scenes are probably longer than we seen on screen and often because of the pacing of the film we don’t need to see John get from point A to B. Conversations also probably took longer than we see if they are walking from area to area and discussing things. Location distances also take time to get to and from places and I don’t know where locations in New York and around the world are so I’ve made a lot up at a best sort of guess. Sometimes I’ve used what I think when there’s no real reference in the film to how long something took for instance for the time of day, I’ve looked at the skyline in the background and estimated what time of day it is judging by how much sunlight there is. Basically, I’ve guestimated a lot. Chapter 4 was a lot harder as they kept moving countries and places and its probably longer than I’ve made it. Also, some of the fight scenes are longer than the time they actually show in the film (6 minute fight is 13minutes in the film) so take everything with a pinch of salt.
TLDR: The films start in the mid-late autumn judging by the scenes that we see.
John Wick 1 starts on Monday Day 1 at 6am and ends Saturday Day 6 at 3.45am (6 Days).
John Wick Chapter 2 starts on Monday Day 8 at 10pm and ends Friday Day 13 at 5pm (5 Days).
John Wick Chapter 3 starts on Friday Day 13 at 5pm and ends Sunday Day 22 at 7.05am (9 Days).
John Wick Chapter 4 starts on Monday Day 205 at 7.20 pm (6 months later) and ends unofficially on Thursday Day 221 at 6.11am (when John passes out (16 days)) and officially at Thursday Day 228 12.00pm (23 Days).
John does have periods of down time and rest so it’s safe to assume he goes to the toilet in that time and maybe brushes his teeth once in a while
The first Film starts on a Monday. Not because there’s any reference to days of the week in the films (there wasn’t that I could find) but because, in my opinion, nothing good ever happens on a Monday.
John Wick Chapter 1
Monday Day 1 6am.
· John in his bathroom and has a flash back of his wife’s illness and death (assumption is made that this has happened over the past 6 months or so).
· Funeral of his wife. Marcus arrives “Just checking up on an old friend”.
· Wake at Johns house.
· People leave say 8-9pm ish
· Daisy the Dog is delivered and John reads Helens letter.
· John and Daisy got to bed at 10.54pm (clock on the bed).
Tuesday Day 2 6am.
· John wakes at 6am.
· Get the paper and the dog goes to the toilet, coffee and breakfast.
· Gets in car
· Getting petrol (assumption its about an hour after they’ve left prob around 8am) and meets the Russians arrive. Losef meets John “I love dogs”, “Beautiful car how much?”, “Not for sale.” “Not this bitch”. Victor arrives “You have a good day sir”.
· John leaves for the airfield- Crazy driving trying to/not to kill himself.
· Next scene is evening (don’t have time base upon previous night) in bed so assumption was that he went to be around 11pm.
Wednesday Day 3 Early am.
· Dog wakes John early am.
· John goes downstairs – Russians attack john, smash his stuff and kill the dog “Sleep tight bitch”.
· John wakes probably an hour or so later and cradles the dog.
· John buries the dog early am (judging by the skyline)
· 6.19am the alarm gets turned off.
· Angry cleaning with flash backs.
· Russians take Johns car to Aureilo’s garage (assumption is made that its around 8am and that it takes at least an hou maybe 2 to get there. Seeing as they stole it before 5am I assume that they took it for a joy ride and did doughnuts for a while first). “I want new vin numbers and new papers”- “Where did you get that car?” (John most likely still cleaning at this time) “Get it out of my shop” “We own you” Aureilo slaps Losef “Viggo not going to like this”.
· 5pm deduced from John leaving in car in next scene it’s probably taken all day to clean up and then he had to get the bus. John arrives at Aureilos garage after taking the bus “Is it here?”, “It was.”, “Losef Tarasov nicked it.”, “Viggo’s son?”, “I need a ride.”.
· John leaves in borrowed car around 6pm.
· Evening, not long after, Aureilo gets a call from Viggo (skyline time of day deduction) “I heard you struck my son. May I ask why?”
· Viggo to Avi “Have you seen my son?”.
· About 7.30pm Losef arrives (most likely he spent all day stashing the car with his uncle from John Wick 2 and hanging out).
· Viggo beats Losef. “What did I do” “That fucking nobody was John Wick” Explanation of the Bogey man and killing 3 men with a pencil.
· At the same time John is at home and goes into the basement with a sledgehammer smashes the floor and gets his equipment.
· 30 mins later Viggo gets his phone book and calls John. John hangs up.
· Viggo tasks a crew.
· John has a shower and suits up.
· Viggo sits by the fire.
· Juging by the light its 10pm ish when the kill crew arrives. (This doesn’t quite work because the house exterior shot is quite bright but when the crew arrives its dark night).
· The crew attack John and John kills the crew (due to films cuts to keep the action it probably takes about 20 minutes. Time enough for a noise complaint to be made).
· Jimmy the police officer arrives at 10.30 “Evening John”, “Noise complaint”, “You working again John?”.
· John goes downstairs and makes a dinner reservation for 12 (the amount of people he’s killed not the time).
· Assumption is made that it’s 1 hour for Charlie and the clean up crew to arrive at about 11.30.
· Assumption it takes 2 hours to clean the house of blood and bodies.
Thursday Day 4 1.30am
· Clean up crew leave about 1.30am.
· Viggo is still in front of the fire and is informed of the failure of the kill crew. The contract is put on Johns head for $2Million (the light in the room shot is bright he’s prob been there all night debating if he should put out the contract)
· Assumption is 6am John loads bags into car and drives to the Continental.
· Judging by the light its around 8am Viggo arrives at Marcus’s house whilst he’s cutting veg and juicing. “Would you kill John Wick for $2 million?”.
· Marcus cleans and polishes his guns after Viggo leaves.
· John arrives at the Continental at 8.30am (assumption).
· Perkins greets John. Concierge (Charon) “I have you for 2 nights sir”.
· Cuts to evening say 8pm assumption is John had some sleep.
· John looks at video of his wife and then goes downstairs to the bar and sees Winston “Johnathan as I recall wern’t you the one tasked to doll out the beating?”.
· (At the same time) Viggo learns that John is at the Continental “We have a contact there who is willing to take him out for us”.
· John is still talking to Winston. “Have a drink and relax…for now.”.
· John goes to the bar “It’s been 5 with change”. (Length of time John’s been a free man and Viggo has been in serious business learned).
· John gets Losef’s location with his drink “Compliments of the house”.
· John leaves the bar at 8.15 (assumption all this took 15 mins)
· John goes upstairs and suits up and we learn Losef is being guarded in a nightclub.
· John arrives at the nightclub. I’m assuming that it took an hour to suit up and 45 minutes to get to the club therefore its around 10pm-10.15 pm.
· John gets the drop on Francis the big bouncer that’s lost weight and gets inside.
· John kills Victor and lots of people in the spar area.
· John makes his way upstairs and enters the pool area where Losef is. This is most likely on the top floor. The way the films cuts means it probably took 30-45 mins to get up there and find him its about 11pm.
· John kills lots of people.
· Losef runs onto the dancefloor.
· John kills lots of people on the dancefloor, atrium and balcony.
· Losef escapes in a car driven by Gregori.
· John leaves with a phone call to Losef. (the fights probably took 30 mins so its around 11.30pm.
Friday Day 5 12.15am.
· John arrives back at the Continental 45 minutes later at 12.15am. “Is the doctor in?”.
· Assumption is the Doctor took 20 minutes to arrives and 30 minutes patching up John the time is probably around 1.05am
· Marcus arrives on the roof opposite and gets John in his sights.
· John tries to sleep.
· Perkins enters the room.
· Marcus shoots the pillow warning John.
· Perkins and John fight “Viggos giving me $4 million to break hotel rules”. The phone rings as the concierge rings.
· John beats Perkins and answers the phone (noise complaint).
· Marcus leaves.
· Perkins tries to crawl away. Pekins tells John about the Little Russia Church front.
· Harry holds up John “Catch and release”.
· Cut to Morning of Day 5. Bright light indicates its around 9am. John is at the Church who takes the pills for fully mobility, then kills lots of people and destroys the vault stash using the priest (probably takes about 30minutes).
· John leaves and then goes to a roof top to wait.
· No indication of how long until Viggo arrives I assume its an hour so the time is 10.30.
· Viggo arrives and kill the priest. Perkins escapes and kills Harry at around the same time).
· John attacks Viggo as he leaves the church.
· John Wick kills a lot of people
· John gets hit by a car, knocked out and captured by Viggo and wakes up tied to a chair in the church. The fight was about 10 minutes he’s been unconscious about 20 minutes so the time is 11pm “Yeah I’m thinking I’m back”.
· Marcus has already arrived (no idea when) and shoots the thugs chocking John. John escapes, kills other thug, frees his hands, runs out, chases down Viggos car killing thug driving it.
· Viggo gives up his son and pull the contract on John. (whole thing probably took 5 minutes).
· Cut to Losef in a Brooklyn safehouse. Not knowing where John actually is let’s say it took him an hour to go straight there so the time when John arrives is 12.05.
· Judging by the fact that explosives are set and it takes time to get into position its probably 12.45
· John kills guard and snipes Gregori playing COD at 12.45pm
· John snipers lots of people.
· John kills guard watching Losef.
· John kill Losef at 1.00pm
· Viggo finds out Losef is dead probably 30 mins later at around 1.30pm “Make the arrangements”.
· Cut to John checking out of the Continental (It’s only been 1 night). Prob took him an hour to be there and an hour to clean up and pack however when he leaves its getting dark so he probably fixed himself up and rested for a while and so the time is around 5pm.
· John gets a new car and meets Marcus around 5.30-6pm “How many times do I have to save your ass?”.
· Perkins watches them and turns Marcus in (assumed but likely).
· Cut to night so 8pm ish. Marcus walks home and Viggo and his thugs surround him.
· John driving home gets aphonecall on his mobile from Viggo. Shows scene of Viggo having bruised knuckles from beating Marcus so assume 1 hour has passed (9pm).
· Marcus tries to escape. Perkins wounds him and Viggo kills him so Marcus dies around 9.15pm “Well played old friend”.
· John turns the car around and Viggo leaves “Fuel the chopper”.
· 45 mnutes-1 hour later John arrives at Marcus’s house (10.15pm).
· Concierge calls Perkins who watches John arrives.
· John finds Marcus.
· John leaves (not shown and Perkins leaves)
· Perkins arrives (no time reference so assume 30 mins) to meet the concierge and has her membership to the Continental revoked at 10.45pm. Clean up crew arrives.
· Couple of minutes must have passed. Ohn is called by Winston to tell him where Viggo is.
· John drives like a nutcase and crashes into Viggo at docks probably 45 minutes away so it’s 11.30.
· John kills many people with his car and guns.
· Viggo tres to kill John with his car and the stands waiting for him. “No more guns John. No more Bullets”.
· John kills Viggo 5 minutes later. The whole fight from his car arriving to Viggo dying was about 30 minutes so the time is 00.05am on Day 6.
Saturday Day 6 00.05am
· John kills Viggo at 00.05am “Be seeing you John.”.
· John gets up and leaves taking Viggos cars.
· Opening scene of John crashing into the vets. John is unconscious. He could have been out for a while so im assuming 3 hours because it’s still night.
· John breaks into vets and treats himself (probably 30 minutes).
· John rescues his dog (another 10 minutes).
· John leaves and walks home with his new dog at 3.45am on Saturday Day 6 since his wife’s funeral.
John Wick Chapter 2
John Wick Chapter 2 starts with him chasing down a motor cyclist whilst he looking for his car. We know that this film is a direct continuation of the first film so we can assume that a little time has passed for him to heal, bond with the dog and make investigations into where his car is (this is probably because he’s not the type to stop for anything judging by the first film). Assuming that he took a day to rest and make investigations its probably been 2 days since the end of John Wick so we start on Monday Day 8 since his wife’s funeral at 10 pm because its night in the opening scene and it all fits nicely with the idea that the first film is a week long.
Monday Day 8 10pm
· John chases down biker in Aureilo’s borrowed car. (We never actually see what became of it in the first film because he gets a new car due to “Last nights unpleasantness” with Perkins in the first film as he checks out. Probably takes about 30 minutes.
· John hits the biker, takes the gold card and heads to Abrams Warehouse. He arrives say 30 minutes later.
· “My fucking nephew killed a dog and stole a car”. John arrives, kills thugs and looks for his car (30 mins).
· John calls Abram “You have my car”.
· John finds the car and takes it back.
· John uses his car to try and escape and kill people.
· John kills lots of people (approx. 30 minutes has passed).
· John makes peace with abram at 00.00am.
· John leaves and takes his car.
Tuesday Day 9 7.30am
· Johns car is wrecked and he gets home in the morning. Judging by the light I’d say early morning. We know he lives about 2 hours from the city so assuming it took 7 hours and 30 mins (shown in a later scene) to get home because his car was barely crawling up the driveway (being a man of focus he was getting that car back).
· John goes and cleans up. The clock on his table says 7.30am. Showers and sleeps.
· Next scene is Aureilo arriving to pick up Johns car. I’m assuming its mid to late afternoon around 4.30pm. John is playing with his dog and we have a continuity error here because in John Wick 1 the dog was a puppy and here it is clearly an older dog but ‘Im choosing to ignore this because movie land reasons.
· Cut to next scene. John cleans up his suit and sorts out the basement from the first film. He makes cement and it probably takes him 3 hours so time is 8pm.
· Santino arrives at 8pm (its night out). Coffee and conversation about markers (probably 20 minutes).
· Santino leaves and blows up Johns house.
· John sees his house burn at 8.30.
· Cut to fire engine still fighting the fire so say the response time ect is about 30 mins later. Jimmy the cop is here “Gas leak?”.
· John leaves with the dog and walks off.
Wednesday Day 10 9am.
· John arrives at the continental early morning (looks around 9am so he walked for 12 hours as busses probably aren’t running and he’s a man of focus). “How good to see you again so soon Mr Wick”.
· John meets with Winston and converse about Santino D’antonio and the marker.
· 10 minutes later John boards the dog with Charon the concierge. John leaves for the national gallery.
· Probably 30 minutes to the gallery he gets frisked and meets Santino.
· They talk about the job for 10 minutes “My hands”.
· John leaves and travels to his deposit box “59.035” say another 30 minutes to get there.
· He suits up (another 30 minutes) “happy hunting Mr Wick”.
· Next scene hes in Rome so assuming an hour to the airport. Google tells me New York to Rome direct is an 8 hours and 15 minutes flight and an hour to the continental of Rome meaning total travel time is 10 hours and 15minutes because he had no delays or hold ups and everything happened perfectly because its movieland and therefore assuming every part of his trip was flawless. Rome is 6 hours behind New York (thanks to google again) so John arrives at his destination at 2.25 pm Rome time which fits with the film.
Wednesday Day 10 8.25pm USA, 2.25pm Rome.
· John is observed by Ayres the mute woman arriving at the Continental. “Welcome to the Continental of Rome”.
· He meets the manager “are you here for the pope?”.
· Next scene John is getting supplies and equipment. He must have checked in so I assume its an hour later.
· Suit, Guns and catacomb plans must have taken some time, Rush suit could have taken an hour to measure and 4 hours to make, Guns must have taken an hour along with the catacombs “Mr Wick do enjoy your party”.
· Ayres watches John leave 3 hours later.
· John suits up that night say 8pm Rome time (Which is Thursday Day 11 2am USA time)
· John enters the catacombs and takes about an hour and 30 mins to reach his target whilst leaving his weapons around.
· Gianna enjoys her party and meets Mr Riconi and then leaves to freshen her makeup.
· 10.30 Rome John meets Gianna in the bathroom. They talk for 10 minutes and she slits her wrists. John shoots her and leaves.
· John bumps into Cassian “You working?” they shoot each other and John runs.
· John kills a lot of people escaping.
· Cassian find Gianna.
· John gets to catacombs and meets Ayres “Loose ends?”.
· John kills a lot of people It takes about 30 minutes for John to escape the catacombs from killing Gianna.
· Cassian tries to run John over. They fight and crash through the window of the Continental. They wernt far from it so its assumed Joh had been walking for 20 minutes and they were fighting for 10 mins. Hey crash through about 11.40pm Rome which again fits with the film.
· In the bar they talk for about 5 minutes. Cassian leaves and Ayres is there as John goes to bed “Not if I see you first”.
· Its about 00.00am when Santino phones. John hangs up on him. Santino calls the exchange and puts a bounty on John. John phones the desk and says he’ll check out in the morning. So all this makes the time Thursday Day 11 0.005 am Rome and Thursday Day 11 6 am USA. The text messages go out at this time because they would have done it then and there was no delay despite this being shown in a later scene.
· Next scene is early AM assumed around 6am because that’s when John usually gets up so its Thursday Day 11 6am Rome and 12pm USA. John sorts his stuff and is escorted out by the manager “May you have a safe journey Mr Wick”.
· It takes 10 hours and 15 minutes to get back to New York making it 10.15pm. Cassian is seen in New York so it’s assumed he got the contract text and headed to the airport straightaway to beat John back knowing he wouldn’t be able to get him in Rome.
Thursday Day 11 10.15pm.
· Santino completes the marker book “you stabbed the devil in the back”.
· John walks through Chinatown and the train station, kills lots of people (some with a pencil) and finally faces Cassian on the tube where he stabs him in the Aorta as a professional courtesy. Judging by how beat up he is and how many people he faced it probably took him 2 and a half hours.
Friday Day 12 00.45am
· John escapes 2 assassins at the train station and gets taken by the homeless man to the Bowery King.
· Its early am say around 7 am when John wakes up. Hes had medicine and has been patched up so therefore its Friday Day 12 7am. John and the king talk for an Hourish “$7 million Dollars gets you 7 rounds”.
· John leaves for Santinos coronation.
· John arrives at the NYM meausum Mirror art exhibit . No way to judge it so im guessing it took 3 hours having traveled by tunnels and sewer making it about 11am.
· Santino sees john.
· John kills lots of people probably takes about an hour.
· Santino escapes and runs to the continental John kill Ayres at 12.00pm
· John follows Santino to the Continental which probably took an hour to get to as Santino was eating and waiting for John.
· John arrives at the hotel and kills Santino at 1pm whilst eating lunch “What have you done?”.
· John leaves, collects his dog and goes home.
· The next scene is a bit difficult to place John sits in his ruined house looking at his wifes necklace and its raining. He could have walked for 12 hours but its more likely (as he’s in the next part of the scene) that the concierge took him and waited for a call. This doesn’t quite fit as the conversation about the dog staying with him implys that he had just arrived but im assuming that john was mute the whole way there in the car. “Would you be so enclined”.
· They travel back 2 hours (2 hours there 2 hours back) which makes it exactly 5pm when they reach Winston.
· Theres a continuity error here as John Wick 3 starts at 5pm but Winstons watch clearly shows 4pm in this scene I imagine his battery has died an hour before is all I can think of.
· Wick and Winston talk and John gets a marker and the starts running “I’ll kill them all”.
· Here ends John Wick Chapter 2 Friday Day 13 at 5pm.
submitted by NinjaRadiographer
to JohnWick [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:22 DoodlePops22 DH Refusing Counselor's Advice to Tell JNMIL She Was Wrong
Its been a week, all SO said in regards to our therapy was when he asked if I was willing to follow the counselors advice to meet with his mom to discuss our differences. Counselor also told him to tell his mom it was wrong of her to be disrespectful to me. He hasnt done it yet, and has been kind of standoffish with me. I told him I would follow what ths counselor told me if he was willing to do his part.
As it stands, I had agreed to allow SO to take our 1 year old daughter to visit his mom once a month for 4 hours. I think as long as she gets her once a month visits, she has no real incentive to apologize or change. I feel disgusted by SO and by the fact that he wants our child around his mom.
I know SO and their family want to all go on some big vacation to some big airbnb mansion and sit around and eat, gossip, complain, and look at their phones. They also want to be around for holidays and birthdays. I think I could tell SO I dont want LO around for special occassions and he might agree. He seems to view at as him "losing" if he stands by me by putting his mom in check. I dont care about winning and losing. I care about being treated with basic dignity, having my rights as a parent be respected, and feeling safe.
SO continues to call me "chemically unbalanced" because I have started leaving the house when I get overwhelmed by his lecturing and accusations. I would rather leave than argue back in front of the baby, or just stay quiet. The baby will be crying, and instead of being helpful, he demands me explain myself. I dont leave her to cry it out. I put her down to go to the bathroom, put laundry in the dryer, brush my hair, etc.
I want to leave him, but he is paying the bills. Today he suggested I put our daughter in daycare and go work. He works from home. I suggested he go work in his office so I dont have to deal with him lurking over me, criticizing me, and reporting to his mom. Theres no way Im going to be splitting bills with this man. When our daughter goes to school full-time, Im out of here. I can get a roommate to split the bills with who doesnt have a mommy-wife.
submitted by DoodlePops22
to JUSTNOMIL [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:22 Dazzlinggo What should I major in?
I'm currently a junior in high school (11th grade), and wish to get an idea of what to do after next year. To be honest I'm frankly quite bad at mathematics, have poor work ethic at home, lazy outside of school, and lack motivation to continue doing stuff, but I acknowledge that I'll most likely need to learn and improve on myself (addressed a little later on).
I wanna know what majors are worth taking or looking into (or some insight on those listed below). I'm no good at artistic stuff, and am not a very creative person (I prefer structure). I am taking an internship this year around being an appointment setter, to help me get used to talking and understanding people as I currently kind of suck with communication.
I am no good at music.
I think I am good at English and literature but I'm not sure. Writing is a passion of mine, but not sure if it's a talent. I love reading as well.
I'm pretty much green in everything as I've never really had the chance to do much. I like science, biology and marine biology specifically, but I'm not sure if I am capable of going into that field.
I'm in a Technology and Business magnet, but admittedly it is quite poor and I haven't learned much about businesses. I have no issue with a business major, though I lack experience in any of it.
I do like using computers, and did temporarily take an intro to engineering course that I kind of enjoyed, but I (unfortunately) had to take a temporary break from school for government stuff. Never got to go back to the class.
I can't think of anything else to outline, I only ask that no one lectures me on this and that. I just want to know some majors worth looking into, they don't have to be super high paying but I do want to live a comfortable and happy life.
Minor heads up, I've been effectively stunted in math.. Or it's more accurate to say I've never been taught it properly and been forced to actively learn rather than being outright 'bad' at it. 'Perk' of the USA education system. I do have all my math credits though.
Don't be concerned about just throwing me in the deep end with a major, it'd probably be good for me to try something legitimately challenging. If you're going to comment I'd also like for you to reply since I'm going to read everything.
Thank you for future responses (if I get any).
Stuff that peaked my interest somewhat, but I don't know much about: Marketing Business Administration Human Resources (My mom took this) English Anthropology Political Science Social Studies Cyber Security Informational Technology (IT)
Would take some insight on these as well.
submitted by Dazzlinggo
to ApplyingToCollege [link] [comments]